91 Turbo Civic, SounDigital 16KD, 4 15 BTL N2s Walled

figured id make a new thread since i cant edit the name of my other one lol..

Setup:

- JVC KDS88BT Headunit

- 4 15" Fi BTL N2 Fully Loaded Subs

- SounDigital 16KD Amp

- 13ft^3 Wall Tuned to 38hz with 202in^2 of port

- Mechman 220a HO Alternator

- 6 XS Power D3100 Batteries

- Copper Buss bars

- 2 Runs of 4/0 Welding Cable

- Big 3

- Stinger Digital Volt Meter

Car:

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

P1013044.jpg

Stetsom 14K2D:

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

2 Fi BTL N2s:

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

4/0 Weldingsupply cable compared to some Tsunami 1/0 wire(4/0 cable on the right):

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

4/0 ring terminals compared to 1/0 gauge terminals:

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

Interior all stripped out ready to start on the Wall:

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

Headliner out so i can brace the roof... thinking of doing metal flat bars perpendicular inbetween the stock bars and the roof:

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

Still need 4 more D3100 batteries... but im gonna build the wall and brace the roof before i buy them so ill be updating this often.

Edited by 16K

figured id make a new thread since i cant edit the name of my other one lol..

I think you have to email or PM a Admin to make changes like that ...

Awesome Ride Sir ... :drink40:

Think you should probably tune a little higher..

Just go to the first post in the thread and hit the edit button. It will let you change the thread title.

I might tune to 35-40 hz for spl. Im thinkin of doin a wall like steves so I can change out ports if I want

And tried that liljestrand but since I changed my name it wont let me.

alright time to update..

copper buss bars im gonna use for the batteries:

(34" x 1.5" x .440")

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

i plan on getting some coppershield to protect them from tarnishing

since the stetsom 14k only has 1 input for the rca connection i got this kicker y piece... 2 female....1 male...

rotate.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

bought this stinger piece for my cars electrical... allows 1/0 in....2 4g out...

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

bought these for the power and ground inputs... gonna run these wires down into the battery box... so i can have the power and ground wires LESS than 6" long each....

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1827-2.jpg

IMG_1828-2.jpg

and just bought these today will takes pics when i get them :D :

batts.png

so all thats left is bracing the roof and building the wall.. should get started on that soon

Edited by 14K

Hey! I don't see your credit card info in that screenshot, must be fake. :P

Hey! I don't see your credit card info in that screenshot, must be fake. :P

heres one with my name ;)

batttts.png

Edited by 14K

also decided im probably gonna get another 18" Fi BTL N2.... if i run 2 i would have to run the amp at either .5 or 2 ohms on music.. they are d2 subs.... and im kinda scared to run .5 on music .... so if i get another 18 i could run all 3 at 1.33 ohms.... seems like a better solution... ill have to see if i can fit it though ...

Edited by 14K

also decided im probably gonna get another 18" Fi BTL N2.... if i run 2 i would have to run the amp at either .5 or 2 ohms on music.. they are d2 subs.... and im kinda scared to run .5 on music .... so if i get another 18 i could run all 3 at 1.33 ohms.... seems like a better solution... ill have to see if i can fit it though ...

It does indeed, plus it'll be louder. :P

And I was just kidding about the fake screenshot, I was just hoping you would post your CC info so I could buy something nice. :P

And I was just kidding about the fake screenshot, I was just hoping you would post your CC info so I could buy something nice. :P

should be louder :D

and ya i know.. figured i would post another shot just cause :P

and ya i know.. figured i would post another shot just cause :P

Showoff! ;)

Should be crazy when it is done.

definitely gonna be a loud, sweet build. :popcorn:

epic build is epic!!! :peepwall:

I think the 3rd BTL is a good idea. the list of needed equipment is getting shorter :fing34:

thank you everyone... alright need some opinions... if i run 3 subs it would have to be like this.... using areo ports..

Untitled.png

if i do 2 subs i would run them either 2 ways...

this:

Untitled2.png

or:

Untitled3.png

opinions ??

wish i went with 15s to begin with so i can do 4 like this....but i dont feel like selling both my 18s... then paying for 4 15s.... so o well lol

Untitled4.png

Edited by 14K

what size is that turbo? and is that a zc motor?

what size is that turbo? and is that a zc motor?

its a holset hx35 turbo. came off a cummins diesel. flows approx 60.85 lbs/min. its got a 12cm2 exhaust housing. i have the 7 blade version as well.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/120686-holset-turbo-specs-hy-hx-h1c-wh1c-h1e-wh1e.html

and yup its a built dohc zc.

Very nice build so far, I likey, a lot of money invested for sure, I would go with the 3 18s, but could another option be to ask stetsom to trade your 1 ohm for a 2 ohm? that way you could stick with the 2 18s?

I can't decide which I like more. The audio setup your building or the big ass turbo.

I agree with the 4 15's and the port going l That would look nice.

If you go with 2subs I would do O l O

I think 3subs would look better in a straight row. With a round port under each one. If it will fit.

OOO

ooo

I can't decide which I like more. The audio setup your building or the big ass turbo.

I agree with the 4 15's and the port going l That would look nice.

If you go with 2subs I would do O l O

I think 3subs would look better in a straight row. With a round port under each one. If it will fit.

OOO

ooo

lol agreed ^^

I'm not sure without seeing the actual dimensions, but I doubt you have room for the proper size aero's with 3-18's. Even though it may not be the most cost effective for you, changing to 18's with the proper coil configuration would probably be best to maximize the Stetsom.....or even go with the 15's. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though as I'm inexperienced with wall builds. I could be completely wrong in my thought process :peepwall:

Hope it works out for you regardless of what your decision may be. I'll be watching your progress with the build :popcorn: