91 Turbo Civic, SounDigital 16KD, 4 15 BTL N2s Walled

Wish I took a vid but it slammed on the lows today..

Got it all screwed down. Now to make it look pretty again lol

Seen a new post on your build log, was like "YES, vid time!" .....

Fail

:)

Nice!

Does your amp have a knob for the gain? I wish more were like that. I hate turning tiny pots with tiny screwdrivers especially when your amp controls are in a tiny spot lol.

Nice!

Does your amp have a knob for the gain? I wish more were like that. I hate turning tiny pots with tiny screwdrivers especially when your amp controls are in a tiny spot lol.

U mean a remote knob for inside the cabin... If so then na it doesnt.. It just has a gain knob on the amp... I love the clip light on the amp though... I dont see why every amp doesnt have one..

Seen a new post on your build log, was like "YES, vid time!" .....

Fail

:)/>

Haha once it warms up a lil ill get a good vid! :)

It does seem louder today after messin with it some more.. Everytime I had it on full tilt I would get choked out lol.

Also the subs dont get stinky anymore.. Last time they would get stinky after 30 secs on full tilt.. Now I dont even smell them.

Edited by 16K

Yeah that's what I meant. On the amp itself. In the vid it looked like you just reached down and turned it up. I thought hey that's cool and a lot nicer than turning a tiny pot with a screwdriver.

I dont see why every amp doesnt have one..

Probably because they aren't accurate.

Yeah that's what I meant. On the amp itself. In the vid it looked like you just reached down and turned it up. I thought hey that's cool and a lot nicer than turning a tiny pot with a screwdriver.

Haha exactly. All the other amps I had were like that... This one the knob sticks out so u can turn it by hand.

I dont see why every amp doesnt have one..

Probably because they aren't accurate.

I should test mine and find out lol... 2.5v from the HU and the gain is set a quarter way up...now to find a oscope lol..

hell yeah man, looks nice!

Alright well everything is still running good.... switched the cd player and now the amp turns on everytime.... had a bad remote wire on the other cd player not sure what caused it...

after doing a shirt trick i would like to see everyone that thinks they get hit the lows do one smile.png/>

i love how well the car is taking all the abuse as well.... the car is barely flexing and its doing high 50s..... the windshield is taking the power like a champ too... the only part that needs to be fixed is the roof...it broke one of the metal beams going across it in the inside..

Its weird the windshield flexes more on notes higher than 33hz, yet it moves more air on notes lower than 33hz lol

Edited by 16K

after messing with the cd player its honestly louder than before.... the cd player has a sub level on it. which goes from 0-8.... well i usually kept it on 4... turned it up to 8 and the windshield was literally beating up my hand when i put it on the glass lol.... will it hurt my amp or subs when i turn it up to 8?? i didnt hear any distortion, it just kept getting louder lol

im gonna try to get a vid of the windshield soon ... its crazy it hasnt cracked yet...

anyways need to brace my roof...

SounDigital + Fi =

IMG_2993_zpsc17385a5.jpg

90% vol on headunit. sub gain maxed to 8 on headunit. i drop to 10.9v-11.3v on music... subs get warm after 30 sec, not hot tho... amp didnt even get warm after 5-6 30 sec runs.... honestly its too loud for daily driving. but its fun driving around and shakin other ppls vehicles lol

on sub gain at 6 it stays above 11v... ill prob only play to 6... the sub level is like a gain knob for the amp lol so i can turn it up and down really quick

Edited by 16K

very nice. From what I've "heard" in the past, when company measure the v output of a headunit, it is usually with the sub level at its highest level, in your example, 8. But to get that, there may be some distoration and dirty signal involve. Don't know the specifics or science behind it.

very nice. From what I've "heard" in the past, when company measure the v output of a headunit, it is usually with the sub level at its highest level, in your example, 8. But to get that, there may be some distoration and dirty signal involve. Don't know the specifics or science behind it.

that level is to adjust the preout voltage on the headunit.

By increasing it, you run the likely chance of reaching clipping sooner.

Doing 30sec runs when clipped isn't going to let the coil stay cool long, hehe. It'll let you know when they are getting hot.

Thanks guys

Im more worried about the amp then the subs lol

in that case, do simple math. What is the power rating of that amp at max output and at what ohm?

Figure out what the voltage rail should be at that point.

Most amps i've ever messed with max out on the voltage rail from max clean output to just peak period by about 20% over rated.

This is that rule of thumb thing, hehe.

So, let's say it does 16,000w @1ohm.

That's 126vAC

So for one, get your multimeter out, set to peak hold, if it ever breaks that, assume it's clipped.

20% more than that is 151vAC.

If you are coming close to or over that, you probably have the amp at extreme full blown potential.

Something to think about if you think the amp may not like it.

Thanks sean. Im gonna check that and see what mines doing..

Took some vids today with julian hopefully he'll post it soon..

Finally got to hears julians system. Def much louder than his old setup... Mine and his are really close though.. Cant wait to meter.. Sean let me borrow one! Lol

His is slightly louder than mine, but Mine can go considerably lower.

deff sounds good lol..

How did you like my RF pro audio :P

lol, i went out to measure my bc5500d and i got over 20% above clean on mine so the 20% is just a loose estimate, lol...

Clean should be around 74v on my amps.

I hit 95.4v other day on output... oops, lol.

My scores suck but they've always sucked in this car.. This time, i plan on tuning it for the next 9months so hopefully it goes way up... Otherwise.. i'll just use it as it is..

His is slightly louder than mine, but Mine can go considerably lower.

deff sounds good lol..

How did you like my RF pro audio :P/>

Loved the rf pro audio. Once I get the $ thats what im upgrading my front stage to.

The roof sounds better now that we ripped out those beams on the roof lol

lol, i went out to measure my bc5500d and i got over 20% above clean on mine so the 20% is just a loose estimate, lol...

Clean should be around 74v on my amps.

I hit 95.4v other day on output... oops, lol.

My scores suck but they've always sucked in this car.. This time, i plan on tuning it for the next 9months so hopefully it goes way up... Otherwise.. i'll just use it as it is..

What kinda numbers are you doing?

O and Fml lol

post-19714-0-93014500-1360026666_thumb.j

O and Fml lol

where were you? residential or parking lot?