91 Turbo Civic, SounDigital 16KD, 4 15 BTL N2s Walled

Julian and Tyler came down and helped put a layer of fiberglass on my roof.. (Thanks for the fiberglass julian :))...Ill prob do another 2 or 3 layers before I try it out lol

Julian and Tyler came down and helped put a layer of fiberglass on my roof.. (Thanks for the fiberglass julian smile.png)...Ill prob do another 2 or 3 layers before I try it out lol

Pics or lies!

Julian and Tyler came down and helped put a layer of fiberglass on my roof.. (Thanks for the fiberglass julian smile.png)...Ill prob do another 2 or 3 layers before I try it out lol

Pics or lies!

what she said

Lol ill get pics tomorrow :)

Damn sorry guys I forgot :( I havent added anymore layers yet julian.. I did get drunk last night though and started showing off the system.. Hopefully the fiberglass didnt crack..

heres a pic... dont think its gonna help even to do another couple of layers.. i need to brace with metal.... my dads friend has a auto shop where i can weld and get metal from so ill just see what i can do with that... wanna do like a 2 inch pole too...

but ya kinda hard to fiberglass upside down lol..

IMG_2996_zps0963ea7f.jpg

Edited by 16K

I thought you was gonna just stretch the top top of the box out with some thick mdf? Then like others said, shoot up some foam for the area between the wood and the actually roof.

Just bezerk. :)

Sounds like a good idea but how would I keep the wood up to the roof? Some kind of brackets I guess..

and thanks aaron :)

There are several lower volume levels on your head unit that could also help preserve the structural integrity of your vehicle.....

(Not that I believe you will even remotely explore this option)

:)

There are several lower volume levels on your head unit that could also help preserve the structural integrity of your vehicle.....

Nice triple post :P

But ya .. No way ill turn it down lol I like my music to the maxx haha.

Fiberglass did seem to help.. After lettin it dry completely I can barely push on the roof.. I think another layer or 2 and ill be good.. Im still debating if I should just do a mdf roof though...

Bad news the alternator pulley came off when I started it today... 2nd time this has happened.. Honestly not that happy with mechmans quality.. Like the 4th or 5th time ive had to "fix" the alt.. And yes I sent it in for repair so I didnt "fix" it myself

Edited by 16K

Anyone with a wall go play trunk go bang by dorough and stick your head in the port.. Holy shit It felt like the whole car was rocking back and forth lol...

Roof doesnt sound like shit anymore.. Still moves about a 1/4 of a inch which isnt bad... 2 more layers I bet itll be solid.. Still need to make a pole which ill be doing soon to

Did you just fiberglass the mat to the steel? When it turns summertime that laminate will seperate from the steel from expansion. I've already learned the hard way. Just make sure when you finish the install that you will have access to it so you will have the ability to reattach it with liquid nails or epoxy.

Well that sucks to know... If thats the case im just gonna sand it down and brace with strips of wood that goes front to back and then strips of metal that goes left to right. the metal pieces will screw into the wood and then bolt/screw in to the body on the ends of the metal pieces. Sounds confusing I know..

vids or it didn't happen! lol

I was gonna take a vid but my camera only takes good pictures.. Shitty video quality. :(

I wanna get a HD camera like julian and tyler have.

We did the same thing on a friends car and it's been up there for a few years now.. especially in the Missouri heat/hmidity