91 Turbo Civic, SounDigital 16KD, 4 15 BTL N2s Walled

buy one

Hmmmm.... now im just confused on what to do :S

So i decided ill probably brace the roof with wood and metal...

IMG_3020_zpsa7814895.jpg

IMG_3021_zps610915d2.jpg

green - wood

red - metal

blue - bolts/screws?

brace1_zps53a33c5d.jpg

brace2_zps7b0aea82.jpg

i was thinking of bolting the wood to the roof lol... yes i would have bolts sticking out of my roof but o well its not my daily anyways lol...makes it unique haha

any thoughts/ideas?

not much of a video..

you can't find a welder to weld metal to your roof, this will eliminate the need for wood and bolts.

you can't find a welder to weld metal to your roof, this will eliminate the need for wood and bolts.

my roof is soo thin the weld will just burn right through...

and i know kyle i took it out tonight just gotta see if putting on the pulley is the only problem... not sure if it messed up anything when the pulley came off..

It's literally like 22/18 gauge alum it's kinda funny, lol.

You really need to go get a battery charger before you kill your batts/amp

I have a charger lol. Im gonna go hook it up.

and i know kyle i took it out tonight just gotta see if putting on the pulley is the only problem... not sure if it messed up anything when the pulley came off..

You need to find a better Welder. My Miller is rated for 3/4" and I can weld a coke can with proper sized wire.

IMG_3020_zpsa7814895.jpg

IMG_3021_zps610915d2.jpg

green - wood

red - metal

blue - bolts/screws?

brace1_zps53a33c5d.jpg

brace2_zps7b0aea82.jpg

i was thinking of bolting the wood to the roof lol... yes i would have bolts sticking out of my roof but o well its not my daily anyways lol...makes it unique haha

any thoughts/ideas?

not much of a video..

That's not gonna do much good if the resin seperates from the steel. Stick a pry tool between the roof and fiberglass. If you can make it peel off its not gonna last.

You need to find a better Welder. My Miller is rated for 3/4" and I can weld a coke can with proper sized wire.

lol well i havent actually tried... my dads friend is a excellent welder so if its possible i might have him try it if he thinks he can do it lol..

green - wood

red - metal

blue - bolts/screws?

any thoughts/ideas?

not much of a video..

That's not gonna do much good if the resin seperates from the steel. Stick a pry tool between the roof and fiberglass. If you can make it peel off its not gonna last.

hmm ill try that. i really would rather brace with wood/metal anyways... i see it being much stronger than fiberglass. and less messy lol

The best solution is to weld the metal to the roof and add a stripper pole.

The welding will peel off the paint on the outside of the car. I would probably cover the top half of the car in vinyl. That is cheaper than paint and can look great if done correctly. 

The welding will peel off the paint on the outside of the car. I would probably cover the top half of the car in vinyl. That is cheaper than paint and can look great if done correctly.

That sounds like my best solution. Ill see if my welder thinks its possible.

Think my battery charger broke lol.. Its only charging 12.5v and keeps kicking on and off...

IMG_3023_zpsa51c16fe.jpg

IMG_3025_zpsed5c8950.jpg

That sounds like my best solution. Ill see if my welder thinks its possible.

Think my battery charger broke lol.. Its only charging 12.5v and keeps kicking on and off...

What welder do you have?

Lol quentin it was like peeling off a giant scab..

And not sure what welder he uses.. He owns a huge automotive shop. The name of his old shop was, the muffler shop.. Lol its now called mainstream automotive. Hes a excellent welder though. Did all my exhaust work.. even seen him weld a 1" hole shut in a exhaust pipe.

That was no where near enough fiberglass to reinforce anything.

I agree with the other guys, weld it and reinforce.

Lol quentin it was like peeling off a giant scab..

And not sure what welder he uses.. He owns a huge automotive shop. The name of his old shop was, the muffler shop.. Lol its now called mainstream automotive. Hes a excellent welder though. Did all my exhaust work.. even seen him weld a 1" hole shut in a exhaust pipe.

A  cover up on a blown out muffler is as thin as you get, that is why there is a hole lol. Shouldn't have any issues welding to your roof that's for sure!

If you are doing the welding start with practice steel first. This will help you get your welder settings in check before you work on the real thing. Also keep in mind you will be welding overhead which does make a big difference. 

impressive.  thanks for sharing thanks for all the pics and vids

i don't see any deadener, did you decide not to use any?

does not need any deadener in this application. Deadener is the wrong tool to use for this application. Welding and bracing is the best/cheapest solution, which he is taking.

Great job Tim! Looks dope man, can't wait to see the finished roof man, going to make a big difference I'm sure. While you're at it, you should definately do the same for the doors man. Pressure wants to escape, wants the roof has been treated, the doors will take a shit next.

Thanks guys. Ya the doors barely move right now.. Dont need to brace them yet.. Once I get the roof done we'll see if the doors get worse lol

Edited by 16K

does not need any deadener in this application. Deadener is the wrong tool to use for this application. Welding and bracing is the best/cheapest solution, which he is taking.

Great job Tim! Looks dope man, can't wait to see the finished roof man, going to make a big difference I'm sure. While you're at it, you should definately do the same for the doors man. Pressure wants to escape, wants the roof has been treated, the doors will take a shit next.

im not asking about using deadener to fix his roof.  (idk what an application is)

I don't understand not using deadener on any car with subs....

deadener can help you get 1-3 more DB on the dash? 

why would you not use it? 

OP himself said the roof is very thin,

how much would deadening help the acoustic of the car?

This is the first car i've seen that does numbers like that without any silver stuff

I ask the noob questions that come to my mind so I can maybe learn something

im not asking about using deadener to fix his roof.  (idk what an application is) Application is his goals/build.

I don't understand not using deadener on any car with subs.... Yes, many vehhicles need sound treatment. But deadener alone is the right answer. Many different technicues must be used cohesivly to achieve a nice quiet ride.

deadener can help you get 1-3 more DB on the dash? FALSE. In many vehicles, you actually LOSE dbs.

why would you not use it? Many reasons, for different applications, budget, purpose, amount, etc. Extreme vehicles use other mehtods outside of deadener to achieve extreme spl

OP himself said the roof is very thin, Please, visit this site, http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

how much would deadening help the acoustic of the car? No one will know until applied.

This is the first car i've seen that does numbers like that without any silver stuff

I ask the noob questions that come to my mind so I can maybe learn something Asking is good.

Dont see the point of buying deadner when I can waste my money on other things :)