Sign in to follow this  
collisionmd

Tahoe 1 Day build

Puttin' in work! That's a lot more than I usually get done in a day. :drink40:

What is the "dead space" in the box for? I've never seen or heard of this.

It's a Transmission line box center area isnt needed for anything so it was dubbed dead space

Just looks like a large ported box. :shrug:

Puttin' in work! That's a lot more than I usually get done in a day. :drink40:

Thanks 3 of us working on it. We put in alot of work that day.

It is now all ripped out did a 149.6 on music couldnt get the 150 so I ripped it all out going to do a wall now with interchangeable ports. tuned at 27,37,55 hz see what kind of numbers we can put on the board this time.

What is the "dead space" in the box for? I've never seen or heard of this.

It's a Transmission line box center area isnt needed for anything so it was dubbed dead space

But a Transmission line would require the same port width throughout the entire box. According to your specs, it varies by a few inches here and there. :peepwall:

Shouldn't have any problem getting that 50. Good luck on the new build, I'll be here waiting on the log. :popcorn:

Yeah that's not a transmission line enclosure. But it looks nice!

Don't wall is. Tahoes suck walled, there is a reason no one does it. ;)

Try a smaller box. 6-8 cubes subs up port back 44Hz tune since SPL is your goal ans average resonant frequency of Tahoes is mid 40's

Just my suggestions.

Edit: Bro, put matching 1/0 into that amp. There was your 150 right there I see 4awg for what looks like the ground and 1/0 for power. Can't have that. Also, use 8awg speaker wire wouldn't gained with that too. And a little more battery reserve. Idk the ohm load your at. But go lower. Lol

Don't wall is. Tahoes suck walled, there is a reason no one does it. ;)

Try a smaller box. 6-8 cubes subs up port back 44Hz tune since SPL is your goal ans average resonant frequency of Tahoes is mid 40's

Just my suggestions.

Edit: Bro, put matching 1/0 into that amp. There was your 150 right there I see 4awg for what looks like the ground and 1/0 for power. Can't have that. Also, use 8awg speaker wire wouldn't gained with that too. And a little more battery reserve. Idk the ohm load your at. But go lower. Lol

I hear ya. Already did smaller box with subs up port back tuned at 45 didnt do what I wanted. That is why we did this build hoping for better numbers. Wire was changed didnt get photo of it but has been done. Speaker wire was also changed will start puttin up pics of whatever we do next. Gonna be very soon cant stand it inside with no sounds driving me crazy :lol2: