Hi everyone i was wondering is the cadance zrs-7000d amp any good i remember back in the day the older one's were good because i had the z7000 the chrome one that put out 1800watts at 1ohm and i was not sure if the zrs are any good ?

i like to keep it at $300 is possible gonna be running it to a 2ohm dvc sa-12 at 1 ohm

Edited by john k

The ZRS-8, 9 and 10 were garbage in terms of Rated power.

They are EXTREMELY efficient though.. but did not do rated power..

So they scrapped them after just one year.

I see now there current amps appear to be along the lines of what other internet based only companies are selling out there..

What that means is Cadence is Back!

Cadence has never skimped out on quality\durability and their new amps are back on track for doin what they say they will.

Looks like a nice amplifier. I have no experience with Cadence but I have not heard anything negative either. They have been around for quite some time so they are a stable company.

But i would like to see you purchase a nice Sundown amplifer though :P ... I have my reasons :lol:

The 7000d is a solid amp that does rated and a little more. Good amp for the price.

The 7000d is a solid amp that does rated and a little more. Good amp for the price.

x2, I love mine and its been treating me well for a while now :dancing:

I would feel confident purchasing a ZRS-7000. It should provide plenty of power for that SA-12.

x2, I love mine and its been treating me well for a while now :dancing:

Definitely agree. My zrs-7500d has been great to me, knock on wood. I would feel comfortable buying another one.

yea sundown amps seem to be one of the best but you pay that price for the best.

I used to follow Cadence, and loved some of the older amps. Heck the A7HC is one of my all time favorites. Anyway, there were a number of years where in my opinion, I feel they really cheap'ed out and the quality dropped big time. They spent too much time on appearance and not enough on quality. Now, like shizzon said, they seemed to have improved in recent years. I think I still have a Z800C in my stock pile.

Very true denim! That some killer amps yrs ago but when they started adding all the flashy stuff on appearance i knew they were goin dona hill!! Last good amps i know of were the daytona amps..