redncfootball

how to tell if your sub has cooling

just got my bl in and i was just wondering if there were anyway you could tell if they built it with cooling, hyperpole etc. thanks

Did you order it with all that?

well the fi website made a mistake so i emaild nick and he said he would include full cooling for me and i didnt know if they rembered to do that

check if the sub has dime size holes on the side of the sub. you can see a copper coil. if you hav the small holes you should hav full cooling

check if the sub has dime size holes on the side of the sub. you can see a copper coil. if you hav the small holes you should hav full cooling

I could be wrong but I think your talking about the basket and cooling options are done to the motor.

BTL.jpg

Lil El' if you're talking about those holes in the basket, those are not part of the 'cooling' option.

On that sub I only selected the Hi X-max and P-chamfer options.

From Fi's tech:

Cooling: Self explanatory, the cooling channels are machined into the inside of the sub to help cool the coil FAR better. But there are some things that you sacrifice. There is less metal inside of the motor so it is a little weaker. If you are looking for a fart/burp only scenario for SPL we suggest that you do NOT get this option. Stick with only the P chamfer. Now if you are looking for a daily sub to beat on and you have less then 2000 watts then this is the option for you. 2000+ watts you need to look into the BTL series.