Leon Tan

help powering 2 Fi Bl 12. 3400rms

I need some 2 cents on my new setup which will be 2 Fi Bl 12's fully loaded. im going to have 2 1700 rms watt amps total 3400rms. i have a 125 amp alternater and a redtop battery. i was wanting to keep my stock alternater for low funds reasons. for now what can i use to power the subs? could more batterys work for now?

You will def want some more batteries. You are going to be pulling way more than what your alternator and current battery can provide. You need some extra capacity to pull from.

You will def want some more batteries. You are going to be pulling way more than what your alternator and current battery can provide. You need some extra capacity to pull from.

With that much power. I would go with a ho alt and one good battery in the back.

Hey man, if you invest in 3 good batteries, that will probably be the cost of a high output alt.

^^^ This!! If you would even consider spending a bunch of money on even multiple cheaper batteries then you may as well go ahead and save up for the HO alty. You'll be farther ahead with it than a big bank of batteries that the factory alt can't keep up with anyway.

Big 3 st start things off and what is your budget?

at the moment my buget is 250. i can grab a few small 850 batterys for about 250.4 of them 3400 total power. a high out put alternater is about 500$ from mechmen. which is money i dint have at the moment. would be nice to have one tho. but could 4 850 small batteries work for the time? or should i wait an just save for a h/o alternater?

Edited by Lil EL

Save for alternator