Scooby

Dcon 10" OMG

Didn't think of an air leak. I'll look into that tomorrow. But still,it sounds excellent.

AND, if it is an air leak, imagine what it will do when you get it fixed...... :rofl2::popcorn:

Didn't think of an air leak. I'll look into that tomorrow. But still,it sounds excellent.

AND, if it is an air leak, imagine what it will do when you get it fixed...... :rofl2::popcorn:

:woot:

Had a leak around the speaker terminal. Fixed it and now it's pounding.Took a few pics to show how small the box was and the amp rack I built.Got around $300 for the box,sub and the materials for the amp rack build.

IMG_20111219_165647.jpg

IMG_20111219_165734.jpg

IMG_20111219_165829.jpg

IMG_20111220_130118.jpg

IMG_20111220_130113.jpg

IMG_20111220_130140.jpg

Way to save trunk space :woot:

Wow, that is cozy. Glad you got it fixed. :)

Yep. I got way than enough bass and got to keep my space.The hatch just amplifies it. Win/Win. :dancing:

Edited by Scooby

Great review! I love my DCON 10" that I have had now for just under 3 years.

DCON is a very under rated sub woofer! SSA ftw!

Had a leak around the speaker terminal. Fixed it and now it's pounding.Took a few pics to show how small the box was and the amp rack I built.Got around $300 for the box,sub and the materials for the amp rack build.

IMG_20111219_165647.jpg

IMG_20111219_165734.jpg

IMG_20111219_165829.jpg

IMG_20111220_130118.jpg

IMG_20111220_130113.jpg

IMG_20111220_130140.jpg

4th gen F-body f.t.m.f.w lol Is it a camaro or a firebird?

Awesome!!! Glad to hear it was an easy fix, gotta love easy. That is definitely a nice, simple little install there. It looks real good and very functional too.

So no more noise and it's sounding better?

IMG_20111219_165647.jpg

IMG_20111219_165734.jpg

IMG_20111219_165829.jpg

IMG_20111220_130118.jpg

IMG_20111220_130113.jpg

IMG_20111220_130140.jpg

4th gen F-body f.t.m.f.w lol Is it a camaro or a firebird?

Camaro

Awesome!!! Glad to hear it was an easy fix, gotta love easy. That is definitely a nice, simple little install there. It looks real good and very functional too.

So no more noise and it's sounding better?

Yep. No more noise and sounds great. When it hits now,you feel it too.

That is just awesome!!

Now you just need to spend some more time listening to and playing with it and write a good review on it!

Fantastic little amp, is there stuffing in the box?

Fantastic little amp, is there stuffing in the box?

There was but I took it out. Sounds better to me.

That is just awesome!!

Now you just need to spend some more time listening to and playing with it and write a good review on it!

Will do.

Well I have been playing with the sub for the better part of the day, and the more I play it, the better it seems to be getting.

I started off playing some Three Six Mafia "Late Night Tip" and Gorilla Zoe "Lil Shawty". I have numerous bass tracks,but these were the first ones I decided to use. It was thumping VERY loud,so loud that the neighbors that live way up the street came outside to see what was going on :WTFBubble: .I would say it was a good 200ft +/- from where my driveway is to there house. And of course I set off my closest neighbors car alarm again like I had done previously. :roflmao: Luckily my neighbors are cool and put up with all the noise.

I then decided to put in some Metallica "One" and wasn't disappointed with the results. When Lars does the rapid part of the song,it was almost unbearable to listen to,I had to turn it down,as I did on the Mafia and Zoe songs.

With the cold weather,my panels seem to want to rattle more than usual,so I'll have to put some sort of dampening in the rear qtr. panel to take care of that.But hey,that's a good thing.

I don't hear any sort of distortion or anything that sounds like the sub is having a hard time keeping up with the output. I set the gain with a dmm and actually lowered it a little lower than what it says I could set it at. I don't see any reason to turn it up anymore after what I have been hearing today. I was thinking about putting some poly inside to see how the output and sound was,but really don't think it would make alot of difference since I had already removed the little that was in there and it just sounds better without it. I may or may not in the future,who knows.

I expect the sub to just get better the more I play it. I have already had a few of my buddies come over to hear it and they were also impressed.While they weren't familiar with the Dcon (they tend to use main stream brands),I expect that to change after listening to my setup. I like to be different and not have what everyone else is using.

For the price I paid for the sub, I can't think of another brand that would give the value/quality/sound of the Dcon. I am surely going to do my part and get the word out about the SSA line.

I am one happy guy. :fing34:

For the price I paid for the sub, I can't think of another brand that would give the value/quality/sound of the Dcon. I am surely going to do my part and get the word out about the SSA line.

I am one happy guy. :fing34:

That is wonderful to hear!

Man, you're really making me regret selling my Dcon.

Just seems to be getting better. :fing34: I was at a stop light today and decided to turn it up a little. I had my windows up. The car in front of me rolled down his window and gave me a thumbs up and was motioning me to turn it up more. :trippy: I love this thing.

Just wanted to give an update. This thing has gotten louder/cleaner as time has gone by. No distortion at all. I still get friends coming up to me asking how many subs I have in my car. They are amazed that it's only one ten.I can rattle the walls at my friends moms house when I'm in the driveway.I still believe it's the best bang sub in the price rage.

That's awesome to hear, and you bet it is. We need to keep on yelling it to the clouds too. Between the SSA DCON and the Fi X it's hard to imagine a better budget sub that can provide the amount of output at that power level that still sounds as good as they do and offer the quality and customer support that backs them up all in one package. Some may exist, but if they do I'm sure not familiar with them.

Glad to hear that you're still impressed by it.

Wow guys,hard to believe it's been over 3yrs since I started this post. Just had alot of stuff going on for those years.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Dcon is still slamming in the original car with the original enclosure and shows no signs of slowing down. I still get people that come up to me when I have it cranked up asking how many SUBS I have. When I tell them "one",they don't believe it and I have to show them.adhd.gif  They then ask where they can get one and I tell them.

I am in the process of getting a new car,so I am planning on using it in the new car if at all possible.Just have to find an enclosure,etc.

I think I remember seeing that t-shirts,etc were in the works for SSA,Dcon,etc,is it available? I wouldn't mind picking up a few to promote the brand.

Edited by Scooby

Scoob, I've got a 12" DCON that i cant wait to hear. Im just waiting on my box. I cant believe that 10 is doing all that. I can't wait to hear mine. I tried to view the pics and it says deleted/moved. Can you post a pic or two of your setup? Sealed box right?

Scoob, I've got a 12" DCON that i cant wait to hear. Im just waiting on my box. I cant believe that 10 is doing all that. I can't wait to hear mine. I tried to view the pics and it says deleted/moved. Can you post a pic or two of your setup? Sealed box right?

Yes, it's sealed. I will get some pics for you. The account that had the pictures, I no longer have. My setup is simple, fitted enclosure for the cubby hole with Alpine pushing the DCON. I also made the amp rack. The hatchback just amplifies the bass. 

Wow guys,hard to believe it's been over 3yrs since I started this post. Just had alot of stuff going on for those years.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Dcon is still slamming in the original car with the original enclosure and shows no signs of slowing down. I still get people that come up to me when I have it cranked up asking how many SUBS I have. When I tell them "one",they don't believe it and I have to show them.adhd.gif  They then ask where they can get one and I tell them.

I am in the process of getting a new car,so I am planning on using it in the new car if at all possible.Just have to find an enclosure,etc.

I think I remember seeing that t-shirts,etc were in the works for SSA,Dcon,etc,is it available? I wouldn't mind picking up a few to promote the brand.

You can get shirts here. http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/categories/ssa-merchandise.html