Sign in to follow this  
Sencheezy

Incriminator Audio I Series 6.5" Co-Axial Intall in 07 Explorer

Hello,

Would like to say S.Deyoung is a great guy and process of ordering from him was very easy and would recommend to anybody. I order the speakers from him and received them in a very short manner along with some adapters from Car-Speaker-Adapters.

Okay, backround information, I drive this

IMG_20111031_230612.jpg

And I work here,

IMG_20111209_221916.jpg

And this is how much it cost to fill up from E,

IMG_20111121_174103.jpg

Lol okay, onward with the install. I will start off by showing step by step pics of the door panel removal procedure and then will post a thorough procedure on ExplorerForum.

1000000239.jpg

1000000240.jpg

1000000241.jpg

1000000242.jpg

1000000243.jpg

1000000244.jpg

Okay, again, sorry if I'm taking up too much space, but I hopefully somebody could benefit from seeing the process I took as theres really not any information out there regarding fourth gen Explorers. Ok, now forward with the speaker installation.

1000000245.jpg

Here is the stock, IDK I had a tweeter in there :D

1000000246.jpg

Even had its own enclosure! lol

1000000247.jpg

Heres a comparison from above

1000000249.jpg

And a view of the Kulo

1000000250.jpg

Big S/O to Car-Speaker-Adapters. Although I broke the other one, I was still able to use it lol. But in this image, you can see I went at it with a shaver thing-a-ma-jober lol. The basket was too big :(

1000000251.jpg

1000000252.jpg

1000000253.jpg

Check THAT OUT!

1000000254.jpg

Okay, this is the last shot. So overall, I am very pleased with the way these sound! Just really need to apply an amp for them. I see a new 50.4 is in the works which looks great so that may be an option. But so far, just off of my stock HU these sound pretty damn good. This is my first product purchase since my last system was stolen and joining the SSA family and would buy anything from them again. So with my gratitude satisfaction, I decided to do this,

IMG_20111216_162542.jpg

Tell me what you guys think!!!

:drink40:

i too used the speaker adapters....and mine was too small also. used a dremel and shaved it out. but looks good

I like it, nice progress. I would be weary of representing your audio with a sticker since you already got jacked once, to me that is just advertising for thieves.

i too used the speaker adapters....and mine was too small also. used a dremel and shaved it out. but looks good

Thanks, yeah, I was just thinking there were too small because the basket of the woofer may have been too big, maybe there designed that way, so the customers would make the perfect fit :ughdunno: sucks though if you have no dremel lol

I like it, nice progress. I would be weary of representing your audio with a sticker since you already got jacked once, to me that is just advertising for thieves.

Thanks!! Oh yeah, believe me, I have done a shit ton of research and developed some ideas once I get a system going. But ATM I don't have anything, no amps, no subs, no aftermarket HU or anything lol So I'm hoping if someone comes peeking, they will be upset to find nothing. But once I get things going after the new year, I hope to start my master plan!

Looks great!

Thank you!

How do you like these speakers what is the mid base like

I like a lot. Just really wished I had an amp that way I could give you an honest opinion. I will tell you this, There is a significant difference between the updrade. My truck comes with a stock woofer, so by default, what this does is cause all of the lower and lower mids to skip the door panels and go to the woofer in the back. But for w/e frequencies that these are receiving from my stock HU, its amazing :D

I hope that helps

Looks like a pretty nice upgrade. :drink40: Only $60 to fill that thing up? You're lucky, mine costs around $100. It only gets 11.5mpg too :(

Looks like a pretty nice upgrade. :drink40: Only $60 to fill that thing up? You're lucky, mine costs around $100. It only gets 11.5mpg too :(

Thanks, I believe so :sleepwerd4::drink40:

Yup yup, 60 buck o roo's :D

I have a 22 gal tank I believe, and have seen up to 22 mpg highway :fing34: v6 4.0

nice write up dude... hope you get an amp in there soon... Oh wait, I might have one, sub $100 ... 4channel ... :fing34:

nice write up dude... hope you get an amp in there soon... Oh wait, I might have one, sub $100 ... 4channel ... :fing34:

Thanks! Yeah I hope so too! I MAYbe in the market for a 4channel :peepwall:

I just got the audiopipe 2000 4ch on my comps it is pretty good for 123 bucks

Nice work. I would love to access to all that CPU power you have.

Nice work. I would love to access to all that CPU power you have.

Thanks!

And lol, I believe my manager said some where in the neighbor hood of 30-40 mill? Would have to double check. Its one of 6 or 4(I think) Data Centers for Cummins.