bassahaulic

Made some funny smells after DD-1 use....

Just to start off, this was totally and 100% my fault. In no way is the DD-1 to blame.

I got the DD-1 from PHILLIP LILJESTRARD who is from OR to test out, I will be buying my own DD-1 once the CC-1 becomes available as I KNOW there will be a combo deal. :drinks:

Anyway, I was setting the gains on my SAX-100.4 and turn everything up to full power before distortion. Set my M3a and was done.

Turned up the system and it sounded great! Played a song or two for a friend, he confirmed it sounded better. Middle of song 3, I smell something weird, then the rear speakers just stopped and I saw the smoke. I was like <_< , as I had forgotten to back the rear gain down as I still have stocks back there and they are only like 5 1/4". So thanks to the DD-1 making my signal clean, they at least died from over power and not distortion. lol

I will be making a full video tomorrow on me setting the gains again, and saying what I think about the DD-1. So far, a great product that I CANNOT wait to own.

EDITED

Edited by bassahaulic

Just gives you an excuse to upgrade right? Lol

I don't plan on replacing them. Only reason they were even hooked up is just cause. lol I was running Active, switched back a few days ago just to show a friend the difference. So I'll be going back active tomorrow. :)

I have all the wires ran so switching is only a 5 minute process. lol

lol.. loser!!!

....I only get called a "friend" and not named....

lol..... :eek5wavey:

lol ... Awesome work drew ... I want a demo at Scrapin !!!

lol ... Awesome work drew ... I want a demo at Scrapin !!!

I will have both ZCON 18"s in by then as well. It should be nasty,especially if I can get another M3a and run each at .25ohm.

its just the sulfur burning off the catalytic converter....is what my mom would say whilst driving and me and my brother saying someone farted lol

I thought I had broke the thing at first. I was like :o

Cause the metal part that you pull on to get the RCA out the DD-1 came up. Luckily it just screwed back in. lol

Psychoacoustics much?

I have bought from him before... transaction went very smooth.

Same thing happened to my buddy i set his gains and well too much power to stock speakers lol

Perfect example of why the DD-1 is useless for setting gains on a amp.

Distortion isn't the enemy, heat is. And setting gains going entirely on being "distortion" free and will cause just as many problems as not using one, because idiots won't consider the amp producing to much power since they think the gains are "set" properly.

I'd like to test one, but I don't think my gains are set so badly, by ears as always.

I'm not competing so I don't need all extra bit of power my amps can provide.

I see that thing as something for spl competitors. I may be wrong though.

its not useless if your using the proper speaker to amp ratio lol

Perfect example of why the DD-1 is useless for setting gains on a amp.

Distortion isn't the enemy, heat is. And setting gains going entirely on being "distortion" free and will cause just as many problems as not using one, because idiots won't consider the amp producing to much power since they think the gains are "set" properly.

Stupid is as stupid does, and your analogy is useless and pointless, if the user is silly enough to over power the speakers then he gets exactly what he deserves.

Undistorted music is a far superior route to go than to have distortion and blowing equipment cause your pushing a H/U or amplifier more then it should be to achieve the same output as a more powerful amplifier, the DD 1 tells you at what point you can push your equipment to reach distortion and what you as the user do with it is your choice.