sundownz

!!! Sundown SA-8 v.2 PRE-ORDER !!!

12/20/11 -- ETA is in. Looks like they will finish February 20th or so due to Holiday closing of the factory for two weeks in January (Chinese New Year) -- that that puts them around March 20th or so for arrival here at our facility. To be safe expect the end of March.

SA-8 v.2 Regular Price - $185

PRE-ORDER PRICE - $135 @ 1 - 3 pcs

PRE-ORDER PRICE - $125 @ 4+ pcs

Shipped in Continental 48 states

EMAIL For Alaska or Hawaii.

THIS IS USA ONLY

You can either Paypal me directly at sundownz@sundownaudio.com for the pre-order -- SPECIFY D2 or D4 coils -- or you can order from your favorite local or online dealer.

As with any pre-order DO NOT place an order unless you are SURE about waiting -- there will be NO refunds for lack of advanced financial planning or unexpected delays. ETAs are a best guess and not guaranteed on a pre-order.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

6.JPG

KLIPPEL TEST :

SA_8_V2_FirstProto.jpg

/page__view__findpost__p__859638?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

MORE INFORMATION :

-- Thermal Testing

-- Some initial Testing

-- My install with PSI passive radiator

Some more specs :

Mounting Depth : 6 5/8"

Cut-Out Diameter : 186.5mm (7.33") -- 7 3/8" should be snug.

Weight : 22.5 lbs

RMS Power : 500 RMS

Edited by sundownz

Amazing price for this monster 8"!

Get ready for a 2nd run cuz these should sell out fast!

:drink40:

Jesus :wub:

Wow, looks like a beast! But the price point.....$10 less than an SA-12, really?

The money and time invested in developing a high quality sub is a lot. Jacob has to make a living.

Wow, looks like a beast! But the price point.....$10 less than an SA-12, really?

The money and time invested in developing a high quality sub is a lot. Jacob has to make a living.

Not to mention making an 8" sub... A very limited market and at that size he can't just carry over all of the soft parts... Not to mention the magnet itself may have had to been redone to make mounting the sub possible...

From what I can see, this looks like probably one of the most amazing 8" subs ever designed. And at that price point, if you want a monster 8" sub... You can't go wrong.

It is based 100% on the cost to produce the sub -- I added ZERO dollars to cover my tooling investment in this driver (In the 5 digits dollar figure wise). Had I figured in tooling expenses and the 100s of hours of testing it would be $200+ easily.

It is a pretty advanced driver in regards to assembly so MUCH more labor with spaced spiders, two triple joint rings, dual round lead wires, etc. All of these add up. I've built a few here at the shop for prototype testing and it takes me about 250% longer to build one than it does an SA-12 for reference.

If you aren't in the market for a TOP of the line 8" subwoofer in terms of high bandwidth / low distortion output I would really suggest looking elsewhere -- I went all out on this design using no standard parts at all (except the dust cap). The only thing even CLOSE on the market is the JL Audio 8W7 and it is $400+

I am looking at making a third 8" in our line between the E8 v.2 and SA-8 v.2 to fill in the old price of the original SA-8

Edited by sundownz

How are these going to work in sealed enclosures?

It is MUUUUUCH better ported but in a TINY sealed box the F3 is 70 Hz -- you would need to EQ up the bottom end which would be alright as the sub has plenty of mechanical and thermal headroom.

Some more specs :

Mounting Depth : 6 5/8"

Cut-Out Diameter : 186.5mm (7.33") -- 7 3/8" should be snug.

Weight : 22.5 lbs

RMS Power : 500 RMS

Seriously? Have read about what all is involved with this driver? Custom tooled basket for one is not cheap!

It is based 100% on the cost to produce the sub -- I added ZERO dollars to cover my tooling investment in this driver (In the 5 digits dollar figure wise). Had I figured in tooling expenses and the 100s of hours of testing it would be $200+ easily.

It is a pretty advanced driver in regards to assembly so MUCH more labor with spaced spiders, two triple joint rings, dual round lead wires, etc. All of these add up. I've built a few here at the shop for prototype testing and it takes me about 250% longer to build one than it does an SA-12 for reference.

If you aren't in the market for a TOP of the line 8" subwoofer in terms of high bandwidth / low distortion output I would really suggest looking elsewhere -- I went all out on this design using no standard parts at all (except the dust cap). The only thing even CLOSE on the market is the JL Audio 8W7 and it is $400+

I am looking at making a third 8" in our line between the E8 v.2 and SA-8 v.2 to fill in the old price of the original SA-8

Maybe just plug the SA-8 v1 back in there

But anyways, awesome driver for a great price :drink40:

is it a 2.5" coil or still the 2"

2" -- but we are getting power handling like most 2.5" drivers from it (see thermal test)

Will come at a great time, a pair of these look like a nice birthday present to myself!! :dancing:

What are the enclosure specs for these? I'm looking to run four ported, what would you recommend?

0.5 to 0.75 each depending on your power -- tuned low... 30-35

......That Is One Beefy Fuckin' Eight. Kudos, Jacob!

What are the enclosure specs for these? I'm looking to run four ported, what would you recommend?

thanks, im going to be running a crescendo 3500 for power. what port area would you recommend?

thanks, im going to be running a crescendo 3500 for power. what port area would you recommend?

For daily about 12 in^2 each

Don't miss your chance to pre-order these! :drink40:

I'm in for 2. Payment sent.

I'll cheers to that! :drink40:

Im in for 4. I preordered 2 SA-8 V1s when that preorder was going on. They are still going strong. Now its time for 4 of the V2s! :)

Is it okay if I order 1 at a time. Im going to order 1 every payday if I can do that.

Im still debating on D4 or D2. I was thinking D4 and get another 1200D to strap with mine I have now. Or go with D2 and sell my 1200D and go with a 2200D.. Hmmmm

Edited by popwarhomie