sundownz

!!! Sundown SA-8 v.2 PRE-ORDER !!!

thanks, im going to be running a crescendo 3500 for power. what port area would you recommend?

For daily about 12 in^2 each

"Port Area" or "Port Area Per Foot"?

Couple more Questions:

1. Being that there's no pole vent, very little space needs to be left behind sub and thus allowing the build of a little shallower enclosure?

2. What's the displacement?

Edited by Uncle D

thanks, im going to be running a crescendo 3500 for power. what port area would you recommend?

Couple more Questions:

1. Being that there's no pole vent, very little space needs to be left behind sub and thus allowing the build of a little shallower enclosure?

Area per woofer of 12 in^2

1) That is correct -- little to no space needed behind it.

2) 0.1

Im in for 4. I preordered 2 SA-8 V1s when that preorder was going on. They are still going strong. Now its time for 4 of the V2s! :)

Is it okay if I order 1 at a time. Im going to order 1 every payday if I can do that.

Im still debating on D4 or D2. I was thinking D4 and get another 1200D to strap with mine I have now. Or go with D2 and sell my 1200D and go with a 2200D.. Hmmmm

If you will have them paid up before they arrive that is fine -- you would need to email me to set it up.

Couple more Questions:

Area per woofer of 12 in^2

1) That is correct -- little to no space needed behind it.

2) 0.1

Just to clarify that's 12 sq. in. per woofer in the recommended .5 to .75 correct?

Edited by B_I_B

A little newbie question, so this models are totally different than market is selling now? I mean the old SA8's with white sundown sign in the middle? So if that, I will order one of them)))

A little newbie question, so this models are totally different than market is selling now? I mean the old SA8's with white sundown sign in the middle? So if that, I will order one of them)))

What are you asking? These are brand new not yet released if that's what you're asking.

Cant seem to remember what my username and password was originally. Never received an email for my password recovery so I had to create a new one.

Right now I am seeing if I can fit 4 of these under my rear seats of my 2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab ported.

If anyone has done this, has any advice, recommendations, or experience, please PM me ASAP.

Once I figure out if I can do 4 of these ported at 30hz, then I will be ordering 4 of these. Funds are already available, just gotta see if I can fit them. Will be running these off of an Audiopipe 3000D

So if all goes well, an order will be coming in for:

4 SA-8 V2 Dual 2 Ohm VC Subs

Cant seem to remember what my username and password was originally. Never received an email for my password recovery so I had to create a new one.

Right now I am seeing if I can fit 4 of these under my rear seats of my 2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab ported.

If anyone has done this, has any advice, recommendations, or experience, please PM me ASAP.

Once I figure out if I can do 4 of these ported at 30hz, then I will be ordering 4 of these. Funds are already available, just gotta see if I can fit them. Will be running these off of an Audiopipe 3000D

I cannot seem to find it off hand... but there is a build for four 8s under a truck sheet.

will these not have the Sundown logo on the dustcap?

I cannot seem to find it off hand... but there is a build for four 8s under a truck sheet.

correct. There is a video on youtube of it.

correct. There is a video on youtube of it.

Are you guys talking about any of these videos?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Silverado 2010 Sub Box 4 Subs Crew Cab

Silverado 4 Sundown E8 V2 Loud

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Jesse Sampson

Here are the other videos I found that you guys might be referring to

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a video of a guy that used fiberglass in the middle of the box @ 2.4 cu ft tuned to 34hz. Im not sure if that is 2.4cu ft net or gross. Im hoping that is net or I will be forced to run a compact size box. I am looking to be able to squeeze 3cuft net with the long port tuned to 30hz.

Making sub box for silverado crew cab 4 RE Audio 8 inch ven

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4 SA E8's on an SAZ-2500D (Same guy, somewhat different videos)

4 Sundown E8 V2 flexing silverado crew cab

Silverado 4 Sundown 8 E8 V2 SAZ-2500d CrewCab 2010

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From reading in the post in this section, the recommended vented box size is .5-.75cu ft per sub. @ .5 cu ft per sub that would be a 2cuft net. at .75 cu ft net, that would be 3fu ft net. Definitely dont want to run 05 cu ft of airspace per SA-8 V2. I want to lean more towards the maximimum of .75 cu ft per sub. With the wattage I will be using, the middle would fit nicely since I will be running an Audiopipe 3000D, pumping out 750wrms per 8 at full tilt.

Im just real wary of trying fiberglass so if anyone has any box plans for a crew cab that will get me the volume I am needing, that would be great! I think I will be able to fit all 4 of these subs so it looks like I will be placing an order for them this week.

Edited by Jesse Sampson

Just curious if your email is full jacob, I tried emailing about a quote for 2 to hawaii.

Just curious if your email is full jacob, I tried emailing about a quote for 2 to hawaii.

Shouldn't be full.

You can also contact Debbie : debbie@sundownaudio.com

when does the preorder close???

As is typical with our pre-sales... it runs until shortly before they arrive or until they are sold out.

4 sa8s wont fit under a stock crewcab seat. height restricted. e8s maybe but not sa8s. i raisewd my seat 3 inches and had to do a external port to fit 2.4 cubes under.

like so.

4_8_ex.png

I currently have a pair of SA 8s on my SAZ 2500D @ 1 ohm. I am wondering if there will be an audible difference by swapping my current 8s and for a pair of the v2's. If so, will this be in output and/or quality? I know that the SA 8's power rating (any version) is limited to the sub's mechanical limits. How does the v2 compare to the old version when considering it's mechanical limit? Some of the testing posted earlier in this thread may answer my question. However, I am not sure how to interpret those plots. I am wondering because I can really stroke those 8's with the power I have slayer.gif and I absolutely love thembiggrin.png . I really want to get the new version IF i'll be able to hear a difference. I know some of you will be hesitant to answer this because it is VERY install dependent. Just assume that they are installed appropriately when responding.

Thanks,

-Kelly

I currently have a pair of SA 8s on my SAZ 2500D @ 1 ohm. I am wondering if there will be an audible difference by swapping my current 8s and for a pair of the v2's. If so, will this be in output and/or quality? I know that the SA 8's power rating (any version) is limited to the sub's mechanical limits. How does the v2 compare to the old version when considering it's mechanical limit? Some of the testing posted earlier in this thread may answer my question. However, I am not sure how to interpret those plots. I am wondering because I can really stroke those 8's with the power I have slayer.gif and I absolutely love thembiggrin.png . I really want to get the new version IF i'll be able to hear a difference. I know some of you will be hesitant to answer this because it is VERY install dependent. Just assume that they are installed appropriately when responding.

Thanks,

-Kelly

The SA-8 v.2 is a LARGE order of magnitude superior to the original SA-8 in terms of mechanical clearance, stability, and noise. Any output gains would be 35 Hz on down -- if that is what you want the v.2 is definitely for you.

If your 8s move alot the v.2 will be a better driver overall.

Thanks,

-Kelly

The SA-8 v.2 is a LARGE order of magnitude superior to the original SA-8 in terms of mechanical clearance, stability, and noise. Any output gains would be 35 Hz on down -- if that is what you want the v.2 is definitely for you.

I don't think I have the original SAs. I have the version with the "8 leg" basket. How does the v.2 compare with the "8 leg" basket version?

Just sent my payment for (2) D4's!! I think i forgot to send you my shipping address so I emailed that to you.

Can't wait to get them in! rockwoot.gif

Thanks,

-Kelly

I don't think I have the original SAs. I have the version with the "8 leg" basket. How does the v.2 compare with the "8 leg" basket version?

Comparison holds to any SA-8 made prior to the v.2

i got 2 v.2's on pre order replacing my current sa-8s. i like playing stuff between 30-40 hz and im hoping this will be a nice improvement based on my taste.