So I have a Bad Deka Intimidator which Looks brand new but won't take a charge or go any higher than aprox 4v, what could I do if anything.. OR are there any places that will fix batteries if you can lol.

I'd try using a charger/maintainer with the desulfation/recondition feature. It's saved a many of my batteries

I'd try using a charger/maintainer with the desulfation/recondition feature. It's saved a many of my batteries

Yeah my charger doesn't have that lol.

Yeah my charger doesn't have that lol.

i'll let the battery guru's chime in then...haha. I always set my charger up at a constant voltage of like 14.2, if the battery got hot i'd disconnect it. I kept doing that process, put a load on it, and charge it again.

I just had a battery go bad on me and wouldn't you know it...the charger's missing

A nice charger is cheaper than a new battery and even if it doesn't work, you'll have a nice new charger and will be able to bring back some sulfated batteries in the future. The Ctek chargers start at >$50 and are highly recommended by Kinetic's technicians (they use Ctek chargers themselves).

A nice charger is cheaper than a new battery and even if it doesn't work, you'll have a nice new charger and will be able to bring back some sulfated batteries in the future. The Ctek chargers start at >$50 and are highly recommended by Kinetic's technicians (they use Ctek chargers themselves).

I do have a good maintainer/charger, just didn't come with the Disulf function lol

It's gonna be hard to desulfate it without that function :P You could always sell it off at a minimal loss it the battery doesn't come back, or sell your current charger and recoup some funds if you find you like the ctek more.

It's gonna be hard to desulfate it without that function :P You could always sell it off at a minimal loss it the battery doesn't come back, or sell your current charger and recoup some funds if you find you like the ctek more.

I got the battery for free ^.^

Take it to a Deka dealer, or recycle it for $5.

Are you sure it's not taking a charge, or is it discharged low enough that your charger won't "recognize" the battery to actually initiate charging it?

Are you sure it's not taking a charge, or is it discharged low enough that your charger won't "recognize" the battery to actually initiate charging it?

Yeah I let it charge for a few days and it stopped at some point and gave an error code on the charger.

These batteries are lead acid, its chemical. When a battery discharges it changes and putting the correct electrical power back to it converts it back. Leave a battery sit low for too long the discharged portion changes to a substance that doesn't convert very well back too a recharged state in fact it hinders it. Over discharge a battery and leave it sit is double bad because you are leaving most of the battery in a bad state with very little left inside in which to start pulling the battery back together from while charging. Depending on the charger, the code can simply mean the battery will not charge within the time frame the safety features were designed for.

Let a battery run low hoping the alternator can charge it is also bad because alternators tend to over charge low under charged batteries (even stock batteries with no audio systems). This is bad for both the alternator and battery.

Friend of mine had two had Deka's. Out fault from 2 days of full tilt playing ay World Finals with 4 Dekas and 3 3500's lol. Were lucky to only lost two.

Anyway, he used a CTEC Battery Reconditioner and brought them both back. I'd highly recommend it.