Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

can someone sketch me up a plan for a box??

hey guys, im going to attempt to build the box for this zcon but i cant draw if my life depended on it. so if i get the max dimensions up on here, can someone sketch me one up right quick? 4.5cubes tuned@ 34 would be nice. let me know if anyone can help me out!

Thanks

Fo free? You crazy.

I'd be glad to, for free even, LOL.

yes for free haha. i do not have a pay pal account. i dont want anythjing fancy. just a rectangle box with a port. no flush mounting amps or weird angles

Sounds simple enough, post up the dims and I'll try to have it done by tomorrow.

i hope u don't plan on building it like it's drawn then..

You better brace this box well or it will last a good week or two before you blow a seal out.

The drawing should be drawn exactly like how it should be built.

max dimensions are 34Wx23Tx17D id like to do sub and port up. tuned around 34Hz with just 1 slot port. the height can be takin down to achieve 4.5 cubes. i put all the dimensions into a box calculator and got 6.2cubes that is before displacement of course.

Sounds good, I'll draw it up as quick as I can. Let me verify what you're wanting, simple slot port enclosure with sub and port up orientation, double baffle and full bracing to handle the ZCON beast and yeild a 4.5cuft NET volume with 34hz tuning, correct?

Hit the nail on the head sir lol yes that is correct

Very nice job Alton! you are the man! it must be Christmas time! lol

plus one for you!

plus one for you!

Thanx, but this is probably where the disclaimer should come in.

I'm in no way any kind of professional nor claim to be one, it's strictly a hobby for me. I'm also not a competitor, have never built a competition build or had the opportunity to personally design and build for very large, very high powered systems, nor do I intend to anytime soon I'll leave that for the professionals. That being said, I'm sure there's people who will find problems with the design and that's fine as I'm not perfect and I'm sure it could be done better.

plus one for you!

I'm in no way any kind of professional nor claim to be one, it's strictly a hobby for me. I'm also not a competitor, have never built a competition build or had the opportunity to personally design and build for very large, very high powered systems, nor do I intend to anytime soon I'll leave that for the professionals. That being said, I'm sure there's people who will find problems with the design and that's fine as I'm not perfect and I'm sure it could be done better.

For a zcon i would recommend double mdf. 3/4 x 2.

plus one for you!

that was exactally what i was looking for here. thanks Alton. i really appreciate you work. helped me out a lot in this build!

plus one for you!

For a zcon i would recommend double mdf. 3/4 x 2.

^^ my local audio shop owner said the same thing when i first brought the zcon in to show him. he had never heard of ssa before. the first thing he said when i set it on his counter was, " your going to need double mdf for this monster" haha