Sign in to follow this  
kryptonitewhite

Is it OK to enjoy the subsonics in music?

Some content is obviousely intended, created. Some content is obviousely from human voices and the mixers simply didnt HP the mics. Some is obviousely a bi product from creating sounds, not the sound itself... like a snair or high hat electronicly generated that has subsonic effects that weren't removed.

I don't care. I LOVE it all. I always have. I have only had a huge HT for about 2 years now and barely had the huge van as it's only survived a week or two a few times before I smashed coils from over excursion, or this last time ripped coils from spiders at the tripple joints..cuz down that low it's just not loud enough.

This isn't a new discovery of mine, I have been obsessed with infrasonics since I was a teen though I've very rarely gotten to experience it. But if it's not intended, is it OK to LOVE it? I have been fighting a battle for years on the forums, but as of recently I've been able to make some headway after creating some "good" low end systems.

Here are just a few songs out of so many songs that have infra... I have heard it in music for years, but I grabbed the camera and did searches on a few songs I recall off hand.

ATTENTION: EXPLICIT LYRICS (Though a very thoughtful meaningful song if you can deal with it) WITH EXTREME ULF CONTENT AT PARTS (Though the camera can barely capture it so don't worry about it)

The infrasonics in this track are from words: Bilabial, Labio-dental, Dental, Interdental, and Alveolar sounds that were not High Passed (HP'ed) from the mic during recording/mixing. Not intentionally created, but not removed either.

Pick The World Up Eminem Lil' Wayne

This one seems to be a bi product of the drum beat. After the intro when it starts thumping there is a subsonic thump matching the high bass thump. Intentional or bi product I don't know...but either way... I like it.

Put On Young Jeezy Kanye West

This one is clearly intentional. It goes with certain parts of the song. It is so low that in the van it is unimpressive, too far below tuning, but with the towers (tuned to 13.4Hz) it was fun, and now...tuned to 5Hz EQed and crossed over...amazing.

Marilyn Manson The Nobody's

This one right here earned me "Douche Bag of the Month" on SMD forum, as I put a shirt in the window, stood outside the van, and tried to explain how I like the <30Hz content nobody else cares for and how I like 35Hz-50Hz attenuated...opposite of most. I had to delete the video as it caused a lot of trouble with so many bad comments on youtube and bad links to my threads on other forums to SMD's DB of the month thread.

Anyway, it's clearly intentional..again, I like it.

Tupac Dido Don't You Trust Me

When I built "The Aztek Box", a semi-quasi-wall that was really just a 21.5 cubic foot enclosure that took up most of the hatch facing forward tuned to 15Hz, I downloaded a bunch of Gucci and this song struck me instantly. The subsoinics are again phonetics simply not HPed from the mic, but again, LOVE it..especially Minaj

Gucci Mane Nicki Minaj Slumber Party

OJ Da Juice Man Gucci Mane Half A Brick

Gucci Mane Jay Z Kanye West Lil' Wayne Bad Guy

Gucci Mane Walking On Ice OJ Da Juiceman Twista

Juvenile Slow Motion

Eminem 25 To Life

Gorilla Zoe Ft Yung Joc Juice Box DJ Zemix Remix

LAST AND CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, the LOWEST effects I have ever experienced in music OR movies.. even with my 4 18's in 1003 cubic feet tuned to 5.25Hz with 5000RMS on tap, Behringer EQ heavily boosting a wide center at 20Hz and heavily attenuating a medium center at 40Hz, and with my receiver LP set to 40Hz, at extreme levels... it is very hard to detect the lowest parts of this... it's even lower than Opus Dei's 3Hz pulses it seems...IDK......

Marylin Manson Cryptorchild

If I ever get to do another van build, I will be tuning subsonically again... and find a way to be able to do a rear brace without interfering. I had to bump from 110 cubic feet 15Hz tune to 45 cubic feet 22Hz tune in the van before it tore itself apart :(

Manson FTW!!

I have always loved the awesome mixing done from "Antichrist Superstar" on up... even if you hate him and the music itself there has always been interesting stuff done in the production :)

WOW !!! Awesome Vids my brother !!! :drink40:

Thanks Cablguy! BTW I have paid a little more attention to "staging" in the van after reading some of your posts on that other forum, though I like my "staging" it just can't go there.