Dangrebel

Booyah!!!! Beast electrical on the way!!!

I have a stock alt and 2 dura last golds up front and no battery in the rear yet. So I just ordered a dc power dual alt bracket and will order either a mechman 260 amp alt or a dc power 250sp to run along side my stock alt!!!!!!!!!! I'm so pumped!!!! If my calculations are correct, I should see about 260 at idle and 365 at full output with the mechman alt or 240 at idle and 355 at full tilt with the dc power setup!! I'm bout damn ready to see steady voltage!!!!!!!!! Hopefully high 14's too

Nice! You should have plenty of juice on tap after this install.

Yea I went with the mechman!!!!! I demo a lot at idle so that's why I opted for a dual alt setup

How does that math work?

I'd run the second alternator and audio system completely separate from the vehicles stock charging system and electrical.

More stable for the stereo and the car.

I'd run the second alternator and audio system completely separate from the vehicles stock charging system and electrical.

^2 :fing34:

I figured the extra amps from the stock alt used would help out with powering my system too, I know my truck never uses the full capacity of the alt unless I'm bumping.

let me know how the dual alt set up works for you, i'm thinking of doing something similar in my tahoe this summer.

You stock alt gives up to 80% of it's power to power vehicle. So 20% of a 100amp alt is 20amps.

I'd just separate it all, and run a higher voltage on the system. Like 15.5v or higher.

For me I think it's better than buying 1 big alt because if 1 goes you got the other to carry you home with and it's cheaper. And the dual alts put out more at idle which is what I need.

Edited by Dangrebel

I'm saying run two alts. Just run the bigger one on audio alone and charge a higher voltage. Higher voltage it puts out the more amps the alt will produce and less current you need for amps.

My last post was referring to Anthony, but I would do that but that means some 14v battery's would be needed and I'm on a strict budget. Thanks for the advice!!!! Also mechman said I could do that later down the road if I wanted too. So I just might but later because I got some serious build plan that's gonna empty my pocket:(

What's your system plans? What batteries and amps?

What do you have so far?

I'd say you could even run 16v and charge 18v. :) Get TONS of power.

Well kind sir :) I have 1 dp 21 and 1 crescendo bc2000d and enough alt to run a town haha, so Im in need of another 21 and 3 more amps!!!! The battery's will be no problem seeing as how I'm Rick James!!!!! Jkjk lol but I might go a different route with the batts and do some used ones to save mulah.

I'd defiantly run 16v then. :)

Yea I might, the avbm is only $75 more but, I've already ordered the alt and am gonna throw a second run of 0 Gauge to the back and redo my monstrous 3 along with a optima beside the amp just to make the amp cozy until I get my first wave of batts.

Edited by Dangrebel

Haha the only problem with all these decisions is trying to get the money to back them all up. Which at 7.35 an hour is hard to effin do :(

i saw booyah and thought :morepower1:

2 21 dps walled at 32hz, 4 bc2000ds at 1 ohm each, 5 d3100's.

wow! i'm definitely interested to see this in action :popcorn: