Sign in to follow this  
ford302redneck

HID sugguestions

I'm only posting because I don't really have the time to really research myself.

But I was looking into DDM Tuning and noticed people complaining how bad their customer service is, and the overall length of time its taking to receive your order and it seems its taking longer and longer. So to me, this usually isn't a good sign, definitely if I have a problem.

So I'm looking for another brand or company that compares to DDM as far as price and quality(if you could call it that).

I am willing to spend ~$75ish for each kit, 50watt low beam 9007 and H10 fog.

Also, I don't have to have slim ballast's but it would be nice.

yea i made the mistake of ordering from ddm i ordered almost a month ago. they are being shipped from china....

I have always bought from DDM. Never had an issue, the wait if a Tad long. But well worth it with the warranty.

I love how DDM always works. And their ballasts are almost indestructible.

Ill put it this way, I have had DDM in everyone of my vehicles. My GF's car. And 10+ customers. Everyone is happy.

ya i got ddm, and it did take a little while to get here but well worth the wait. they are amazing.

i've had ddm in my truck for over 2 years, never had a problem at all.

hell, i bought some for my foglights a few months back and they shipped from california, received them in a weeks time iirc.

i don't understand why everyone says they are sent from china, i've never seen a china address on any of the ddm kits i've had or seen that others have bought.

My tracking number is from emp or something its the Chinese post.

The 35w kits are shipped from Cali, IIRC.

But I'm still looking for another company/place.

I've already heard plenty of good things about DDM, but waiting a month isn't something I want to do at the moment. And it seems to me, if you have a warranty problem, its going to take just as long. That is if their customer service is good enough to honor the warranty.

I've still considered ordering from them, simply because I can't find another brand.(I'm sure there is, just not looking in the right place I assume)

Hidextra I love there kits. I ordered a 5k set and thought the drivers side bulb didn't match. They sent me two more I got them in two days. Turned out The bulb wasn't all the way warm.

Edited by Fearz

Their warranty is very fast, my friend used it once for a ballasts he drug on the ground for 30 miles. Only then, did it break.

HidExtras sucks.

I ordered 2 kits from them, one for my car and one for my buddy's car.

Both had mismatched bulbs.

Mine - they arrived and looked good, for like 3 days. Then one of them was extremely off. Emailed them (since they number they post connects you to an operator that no matter what option you chose it automatically tells you to email them) they asked for a pic for proof then they sent 1 replacement bulb. That bulb matched for like a week and I once again have slightly mismatched bulbs.

Buddy's kit - I didn't help with his install but not even a week later I get a text from him telling me that his were off and they were off just as bad as my original set. That kit was never replaced.

So now I'm looking into DDM Tuning or something else cuz I'll never order from HIDExtras again.

HidExtras sucks.

I ordered 2 kits from them, one for my car and one for my buddy's car.

Both had mismatched bulbs.

Mine - they arrived and looked good, for like 3 days. Then one of them was extremely off. Emailed them (since they number they post connects you to an operator that no matter what option you chose it automatically tells you to email them) they asked for a pic for proof then they sent 1 replacement bulb. That bulb matched for like a week and I once again have slightly mismatched bulbs.

Buddy's kit - I didn't help with his install but not even a week later I get a text from him telling me that his were off and they were off just as bad as my original set. That kit was never replaced.

So now I'm looking into DDM Tuning or something else cuz I'll never order from HIDExtras again.

Well in that case I would look somewhere else also.

I like DDM tuning and will eventually get a 4500k 55w kit.

Edited by Fearz

i'd just opt for the ddm 35w kit then, you seriously can not tell the 20% increased output from the 55w.

and as i mentioned, everytime i've ordered from ddm, they got here in at least a weeks time.

i gpt my HIDs off of ebay. they were like $50 and i have had no problem what so ever. and they are SUPER bright.

I ordered the 35W from DDM almost a year ago. I had them in a little over a week and I have had zero problems out of them.

i'd just opt for the ddm 35w kit then, you seriously can not tell the 20% increased output from the 55w.

and as i mentioned, everytime i've ordered from ddm, they got here in at least a weeks time.

Straight from DDM's website.

"This system provides 3200-3400 Lumens at 35 watts and an amazing 5000 Lumens at 55 watts per bulb. In comparison, a typical halogen bulb produces 900-1200 lumens. Our 55w HID kits are 40% brighter than the standard 35w kits. "

Now, 40% seems a great deal, 1500lumens, I'm sure that's at 4300k, and I want to run 6000k, so I'll need the extra brightness to make up for the loss when running a higher Kelvin.

I ordered the 35W from DDM almost a year ago. I had them in a little over a week and I have had zero problems out of them.

To bad this isn't a DDM review thread and a year ago could be a great deal on time when talking about a business.

Also when looking at 55w you have to take into account that they will look more white. So a 6k 55w kit will look like a 5k 35w kit. Just mentioning it incase your looking for a specific look. Also please remember to aim your headlights. Lol

Edited by Fearz

Also when looking at 55w you have to take into account that they will look more white. So a 6k 55w kit will look like a 5k 35w kit. Just mentioning it incase your looking for a specific look. Also please remember to aim your headlights. Lol

Yes, I know this. I have read the DDM website....

i have a question i think one of my ballast's are bad i have another set from my old car. they are h7 bulbs if i threw those ballasts in my truck how do you think it would cause problems? or are all ballasts the same the light is the difference?

wow, i reread my post im soo unclear... ok i have 9006 bulbs in my truck now. i have a full set of h7 bulbs and ballast from my old car. do you think the old ballast would work on my new set?

I cant say for sure but I think it could work, As long as the ballasts put out the same wattage that the bulb requires then there shouldn't be an issue. I just had to have 2 ballasts replaces under warranty and they sent me the same voltage ballasts for both my low beam and fog light.