SMpaintball78

some questions on losing some weight

hey guys. well iv decided i want to lose some weight. im currently 6'1" and 220. id like to be around 200-205 so 15-20 lbs would be nice. i have stopped drinking pop about 4 days ago and i am eating right (smalled portions, and a salad instead of a burger) yes, i have a membership to the gym but i work non stop and hardly have time to go to the gym. so are there any other tips on how to drop some weight beside no pop and eating right that i can take into account with my daily routine?

Do you have any work out or exercise routine? The whole point is to burn more then you take in. Try to up your veggies and increase your water intake a great deal.

Smaller portions is nice but how many meals are you eating? I ask beacuse its not too difficult for your body to go into 'famine' mode and store almost anything you eat as fat.

J

Smaller portions is nice but how many meals are you eating? I ask beacuse its not too difficult for your body to go into 'famine' mode and store almost anything you eat as fat.

J

two meals a day, a late lunch (2:30) and dinner (8:30) thats it. alls i drink is water or regular unsweetened tea no sugar.

Do you have any work out or exercise routine? The whole point is to burn more then you take in. Try to up your veggies and increase your water intake a great deal.

Are you doing anything that is physically demanding other than work? What kind of work do you do? Sounds like you're off to a good start already. Switching from soda to water is great and smaller portions helps a bunch for sure. What you are eating is more important though. What are you eating? You only expressed interest in losing weight, are you simply wanting to slim down a bit or looking to gain muscle mass and drop weight? Simply shedding 15-20 pounds is pretty easy to do in a few short weeks, losing 20 lbs. of fat while gaining several pounds of lean muscle mass will be more difficult and take longer to accomplish.

:drink40: to you for deciding to take action

two meals a day, a late lunch (2:30) and dinner (8:30) thats it. alls i drink is water or regular unsweetened tea no sugar.

So not to butt in since I am new guy but, your meals are to little and not enough. You really are a big person and even though you want to weigh 205ish you still need to feed a man that weighs 205. Five meals a day is a good number, you want to keep your body in a burning fat saga. As said in the prior post your body will famine and that is why your not loosing weight honestly you are probably lossing muscle.

Ok to start fix your meals for yourself at the end of what is your work week. Next plan out on paper what you will eat over that say seven day period, go to the store and buy only what you will eat for those seven to forteen days as fresh food goes to crap quickly. I personally shop once a week on Sunday and prep my food on Sunday as well.

Next, great you have membership but if you dont use it lose it save the money and put it into good quailty foods.

So, you dont have time, I can feel you there but you need tof ind time. I am aware you are tired or have kids or school work or even work work at home either way make time. Muscle is what burns fat, so in essence the more you have the more you burn. P90x is great for the at home fitness person, I have had to do it while deployed and at home when I was broke. If you need workout please PM me and I will help you same with diets. I will check the site every couple of days when I am here in the US otherwise once every two weeks.

You have the right idea just guidence is needed, keep faith in yourself and you will accomplish your goal. Good Luck

how about for someone that works nightshift? Its hard to have a pattern of not eating late, when I sleep all afternoon (about lunch till 9) and then get up and go to work. I have gotten into the habit of stoppin at a fast food joint on the way to work to feed my hunger and wake me up! I, like the OP, am about 6'2, but i'm 245, needing to get to 205. I've stopped drinking soda (for about a week now) and am drinking alot of water and gatorade. Any tips on late night eating habits?

how about for someone that works nightshift? Its hard to have a pattern of not eating late, when I sleep all afternoon (about lunch till 9) and then get up and go to work. I have gotten into the habit of stoppin at a fast food joint on the way to work to feed my hunger and wake me up! I, like the OP, am about 6'2, but i'm 245, needing to get to 205. I've stopped drinking soda (for about a week now) and am drinking alot of water and gatorade. Any tips on late night eating habits?

Got a brown paper sack? (no homo)

Good. Pack a damn lunch. Take in good healthy foods, a protein shake, or something there of.

The fast food and limited meals for the hours you are up is a HUGE hinderence.

J

Good. Pack a damn lunch. Take in good healthy foods, a protein shake, or something there of.

lol. yeah. i'll try that. its jus so damn easy to stop at a drive thru, haha. So is white bread bad???

J

lol. yeah. i'll try that. its jus so damn easy to stop at a drive thru, haha. So is white bread bad???

J

WHOLE Grain is one of the best breads for you. Wheat is a medium substitute or potato bread.

Just ensure its fresh and not being eaten in mass quanities and you'll be ok.

J

J

WHOLE Grain is one of the best breads for you. Wheat is a medium substitute or potato bread.

Just ensure its fresh and not being eaten in mass quanities and you'll be ok.

J

so a whole grain sandwich and protein shake is a good lunch to take? thanks for the advice.....

Well you're gonna have to do some sort of exercise if you want to see a drop of 15 lbs. Cutting out soda ( i don't know how much you were drinking) will definitely help but doing that alone will make you slightly more lean (1-5 lbs) not really shed fat upwards of 15 lbs. Id say start with a good diet. I could give you a good example but don't have time right now. Also make sure you hit the gym 3 times a week and weight train. Muscle burns twice as much calories as fat so cardio should be 2nd on your list behind weights. I dont care how much you work, you can find 4 hrs out of the week to go to the gym. You honestly dont even need cardio a good diet and weight training will shed fat like crazy. Good luck.

Edited by kh2456

Well you're gonna have to do some sort of exercise if you want to see a drop of 15 lbs. Cutting out soda ( i don't know how much you were drinking) will definitely help but doing that alone will make you slightly more lean (1-5 lbs) not really shed fat upwards of 15 lbs. Id say start with a good diet. I could give you a good example but don't have time right now. Also make sure you hit the gym 3 times a week and weight train. Muscle burns twice as much calories as fat so cardio should be 2nd on your list behind weights. I dont care how much you work, you can find 4 hrs out of the week to go to the gym. You honestly dont even need cardio a good diet and weight training will shed fat like crazy. Good luck.

Really? Muscle burns twice as much as calories as fat? i did not know that. I always thought someone should do cardio over weight lifting to lose weight.

Really? Muscle burns twice as much as calories as fat? i did not know that. I always thought someone should do cardio over weight lifting to lose weight.

Yea it does. For long run fat loss muscle building us is key but for fast results in shedding fat cadio should be more emphasized.

X2

Also if I may chime in what foods are good after a work out, and do protein shakes really have a definite affect?

Edited by Fearz

X2

Also if I may chime in what foods are good after a work out, and do protein shakes really have a definite affect?

Protein is one of the building blocks to building muscle. If you create microscopic tears in the muscle fibers that get rebuilt SLIGHTLY bigger than they were before the workout what would feed them best? PROTEIN!!!

J

So I should have a protein shake after a work out or before. I know ether way I get the protein, but do muscles start rebuilding immediately after a work out or does your body take awhile to start the process? Also I guess it would depend on how fast a person's body uses protein right?

Edited by Fearz

Honestly never hurts to have a pre-work out shake (look up suppliment absorption and use by the body) and a post. Some people just do a pre/during shake and one later at night. Its all personal preference and trial and error man.

J

So I should have a protein shake after a work out or before. I know ether way I get the protein, but do muscles start rebuilding immediately after a work out or does your body take awhile to start the process? Also I guess it would depend on how fast a person's body uses protein right?

If you can afford it do both. Make sure you have good protein powder though and not that wall mart garbage. With your pre workout shake blend it up with like a banana and peanut butter to get some carbs. Also make sure post you're slamming carbs too. And everyone uses protein the same the types of protein (whey, casein) depends on how fast your body absorbs it.

Go to bodybuilding dot com,also cut down on fast digesting carbs. Famine mode or survival mode is a big myth. Start with a caloric deficit for a few weeks and if that works great if not,drop a little more calories.

Go to bodybuilding dot com,also cut down on fast digesting carbs. Famine mode or survival mode is a big myth. Start with a caloric deficit for a few weeks and if that works great if not,drop a little more calories.

If you can afford it do both. Make sure you have good protein powder though and not that wall mart garbage. With your pre workout shake blend it up with like a banana and peanut butter to get some carbs. Also make sure post you're slamming carbs too. And everyone uses protein the same the types of protein (whey, casein) depends on how fast your body absorbs it.

Very bad advice. I have lost 60 pounds through trial and error and a lot of research,if your cutting you don't want too many carbs and i would just do the protein shake post. Lift 3 times aweek with cardio right after,try to do cardio 5 days a week. Cardio is not needed to lose weight but it has very good benefits for your body. Also the wal mart protein is alright to use,they carry body fortress and 6 star, use the whey protein there isn't much difference in the brands besides the flavor they offer. I use Muscle Milk,graham cracker flavor is great.

Edited by ChocolateThunda

Hey. Just giving u guys a little update. I was right around 217 when I started this thread to lose weight... I'm now 197 and feeling good lol

ewww... how tall are you? jk,,, but really how tall are you? I'm 5'10" and hover around 190-193...

ewww... how tall are you? jk,,, but really how tall are you? I'm 5'10" and hover around 190-193...

6'1"