liljestrand

would this work.

pc6404.jpg

Processing by onboard amplifier is going to be a pain for dialing everything in.

I spent over 20hrs listening and fiddling to where I was pleased, and that was all in the driver seat by means of adjusting settings via an lcd.

Processing by onboard amplifier is going to be a pain for dialing everything in.

I spent over 20hrs listening and fiddling to where I was pleased, and that was all in the driver seat by means of adjusting settings via an lcd.

That is true... Didn't think of that... I'm fcking weird though... I'd like it ...

That is true... Didn't think of that... I'm fcking weird though... I'd like it ...

You would be running back and forth from the driver seat to the amps, and trying to remember what sounded better. But my ms8 isn't exactly on the fly either.

lol... ok Jes is back and I don't want to take away from his thread... Those full ranges looks mighty nice for the pricing you see BTW...

4_channel_pic_2.JPG

Thats the xovers on the 1100.4. The reason I would like to stay with that amp is because I really want to have matching amps. If I can't do 3 speakers with that amp then I will simply just do the anarchys and some tweets.

I know that amps is 175x4 but the anarchiys are 8 ohm so they will only be seeing 90ish watts from that amp. Correct?

So then any suggestions on tweets that can handle up to 90ish watts @8ohms or closer to the 175 @4 ohms? Will need to be 1" or around there. Im fine with modding. These will be in the stock sail panels.

The pioneer unit has 3 sets of rcas total stefan. when active its Highs, Mids, Subs.

Vladd I really don't know what esle I could have done on the install. Did the full sds treatment on the door and it appeared to be sealed up pretty damn good.

Thanks for your help guys, its greatly appreciated.

The crossovers looks amazingly proper for going active bro... Did you look into the full range vladd linked?

Don't be worried about the 8ohm on the ex-anarchies, they have a higher sensitivity, you won't have any problems with not enough power.

You don't need 8ohm tweeters either, if you find some you like and there 8ohm cool.

Don't be worried about the 8ohm on the ex-anarchies, they have a higher sensitivity, you won't have any problems with not enough power.

You don't need 8ohm tweeters either, if you find some you like and there 8ohm cool.

that^^^

Might experiment with some full ranges.... since they're soooo cheap.... 10-30 a driver and get a nice woofer.... mhmm... sounds like a plan...

I wouldn't recommend running 3-way as your first attempt at active. It's possibly a recipe for disaster. Get oriented with active with a 2-way system before you attempt diving it a 3-way.

I don't think running full ranges instead of a tweeter would be a great idea for you or your system. Again, much more difficult to setup and tune due to their sensitivity to aiming and generally less forgiving FR, and quite honestly I think you would probably end up blowing them. It just makes things unnecessarily more difficult when the Anarchy's are fully capable of running in a standard 2-way system with a tweeter.

If your headunit allows for active processing, just use that and forget about using the xovers in the amps. Start out with a standard 2-way system with the Anarchy's and a set of tweeters. Overall this will more simple and easier to setup on your first try.

Just keep in mind that although the Anarchy is a high excursion 6.5" driver........it's still only a 6.5" driver. It will still be possible (easy, in fact, especially if you are trying to "keep up" with a pair of Zcons going balls to the wall) to push the driver to and/or past it's limits. It may not be the magic fix to your problem. From how you describe your installation it would appear your problem is quite possibly due to a lack of excursion capabilities of your current driver. The Anarchy will improve this, but maybe not to the level of your needs.

I think we need to take a step back and define exactly what your needs and goals are along with what your knowledge, skills and budget will allow.

Thanks for the input impious. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Needs and goals are like you said to keep up with the zcons and with the IA's I feel that's not possible.

My knowledge is installing basic items in my own cars for 12 years. Hu's speakers amps subs. Basic stuff.

I am eager to begin doing more advanced stuff (active and such). And will work on whatever skills are required to achieve that.

I have money set for the amp and anarchys so the rest of the budget would be for tweets and I'd say 1-150 for the pair.

Might not be a terrible idea to break into active with the Anarchy and some tweeters, and if it doesn't entirely fit your needs work your way up from there as your budget and skill level allow.

alot of full range specs seem to cater to on-axis installs ... but with 30 degrees they seem to stay exactly on track ... once you go above that then output seems to be cut by 25% + ... again this is from looking at about 30+ full range drivers in the past day or so...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1014

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1012

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1028

These are 3 of the ones I'm looking at. I will prolly run the anarchys from 80-2kish (heard thats where they start struggling) then run the tweets from 2k up. does this sound like a better plan? Or run the anarchys up to 1.5k and then run the tweets from there up.

http://www.parts-exp...number=264-1014

http://www.parts-exp...number=264-1012

http://www.parts-exp...number=264-1028

These are 3 of the ones I'm looking at. I will prolly run the anarchys from 80-2kish (heard thats where they start struggling) then run the tweets from 2k up. does this sound like a better plan? Or run the anarchys up to 1.5k and then run the tweets from there up.

You'll have to try many many combinations of crossover points, that depends on the install as well as the drivers. That's why doing a 3-way frontstage can be extremely complicated and overwhelming. Both options of 2k/1.5k are completely possible, it's not crazy to end up with something like tweets at 3khz and Woofers at 2khz either, the points don't have to be the same.

Out of those three Vifa's I have no experience directly with any but I'd double check to make sure they all perform admirably down to at least 2k since you may be crossing that low. This is where my only real problem with your speaker choices comes in. Your old door speakers were bottoming out before they should have, so you're upgrading to a speaker which is oriented more towards the lower spectrum. What I'm afraid you're going to end up with is the Anarchy's in your door not performing as they should on the lower end combined with the new lull in the 2khz region from the lack of extension from the anarchy's. If you find a door speaker that goes up to 3-4khz and still performs admirably down to 60hz I think you'll be far happier in the end.

Well I guess that is one of the bonuses of piecing together and running active is trying a bunch of setups and equipment. I will try the exodus's and some vifas and go from there..

Thanks all for the help.

For tweeters I am going to recommend LPG 25nfa and SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G. Both have the capability of playing down to 2khz and sound good.

I'm currently using some Peerless HDS tweets with my ex-anarchies, and they can be crossed over relatively low (~1500hz), that would definitely give you a fair amount of headroom for your XO point. :)

It's the only tweeter I've messed with so I don't have any other input on the others. Tweeter isn't harsh to the ear, sounds quite natural, but it can certainly play loud enough to where it bugs my ears more then bass ever can. :lol:

alot of full range specs seem to cater to on-axis installs

FR's have to be on axis. No exceptions that I'm aware of.

I'm currently using some Peerless HDS tweets with my ex-anarchies, and they can be crossed over relatively low (~1500hz), that would definitely give you a fair amount of headroom for your XO point. :)It's the only tweeter I've messed with so I don't have any other input on the others. Tweeter isn't harsh to the ear, sounds quite natural, but it can certainly play loud enough to where it bugs my ears more then bass ever can. :lol:

I'll second that reccomendation depending on his install particulars.

If you're building tweeter pods and can accomidate a large format tweeter I think that's your best bet. The lower you're able to cross your tweeter the better and generally larger tweeters are able to do this. The trade off is that (in general) a larger dome yeilds less dispersion. There's a pretty good review of some various tweeters on Zaph's website. It might be beneficial for you to read a few and nail down exactly what it is you're looking for in a tweeter.

Jes posted the Vifa tweets he was looking into.. But I think I found a better alternative tweet ... Let me know... My reasoning for posting this one is this SB Acoustics tweet is MUCH more forgiving than the Vifas as far as install seems ... The SB Acoustics carries it's bandwidth on-axis and for the most part up to 60 degrees off-axis .... That just seems crazy to me...

Link to spec sheet:

http://www.madisound.com/store/manuals/SB26STAC.pdf

sb26stac-c000-4.jpg

If those Exos can go up to 2500Hz like stated earlier then these tweets could pair up well with them ...

In my setup, I noticed break up on the ex-anarchy when crossing over at 2500hz, even with a 24 db slope.

For tweeters I am going to recommend LPG 25nfa and SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G. Both have the capability of playing down to 2khz and sound good.

Missed this post. Great suggestions. The LPGs are amazing spec wise. Off axis response is forgiving as fck!

Ordering those and the hinged wedge mounts. Boink!

Thanks for the input impious. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Needs and goals are like you said to keep up with the zcons and with the IA's I feel that's not possible.

My knowledge is installing basic items in my own cars for 12 years. Hu's speakers amps subs. Basic stuff.

I am eager to begin doing more advanced stuff (active and such). And will work on whatever skills are required to achieve that.

I have money set for the amp and anarchys so the rest of the budget would be for tweets and I'd say 1-150 for the pair.

Any updates???