Infinite913

One woofer hot.... The other not why is that?

ok I have two dual 2 zcons and I just built a new box for them. I have them wired in series to achieve a 2 ohm load. They are resting at 2.1 ohms with a straight reading. I put the new box in hooked them up to the amp and played it for 20 seconds or so and instantly notice the no good smell. So i went back and felt the woofers to see if the dustcaps were hot or warm and one was extremely hot and the other was as if it wasnt even played at all.

What I have done so far. I have pulled off the wires and checked each individual coil and it all reads a perfect 2.2ohm per coil.

I am curious if my speaker wire lengths all need to be the same being that the amp is a mono im not exactly sure on that aspect but I know something is wrong somewhere. I did not do this in my other box.

The box is a 6th order so its pretty much a mirrored box and all dimensions are the exact same.

HELP ME!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

How are they wired, make a wiring diagram please David. :)

Exactly how the12volt.com shows how to wire in series/ the - on speaker A terminal 1 is wired to the + on terminal 2 then the - on terminal 2 is jumped out to connecting amp the terminal 2 + is also jumped out to hook up to amp the same is repeated for speaker b basically wiring up to 4 and bringing down to 2.

One isn't wired right, or the coil is dead shorted. :(

Is the hot coil the one that has the jumper from it, and the cool coil receiving the jumper?

These are both reconed? Or just one?

instant hot is a dead short. check your wiring.

fixed one woofer was out of phase! Never trust someone else to plug in wires! NOOBS!

:sleepwerd4: if you want something done right...

fixed one woofer was out of phase! Never trust someone else to plug in wires! NOOBS!

So the woofers are in and playing but no pics or continue of build log?

:WTFBubble:

:woot: