Sir-Lancelot

Ok, so I am going to be painting my Yukon

All right guys time has come to repair the ripped up quarter panel the Zcons have blessed me with and put a fresh coat of paint on my Yukon. I am also going to do a couple other mods on it that should set her up right when I get it done.

Throwing a 6" suspension lift and 37's on it. Muahahahaha! :ghost:

Anyway, back on track...........

I have narrowed my choices to the following and by doing this I have realized that there are a bunch of people that do not like my choices. If you dont like my choices, that's okay and feel free to say so, but it's my truck and Imma do as I please. lol

:dancing:

I think people hear satin and think chalky and cheap looking and they say yuck. I agree the crappy flat paint jobs just look dirty. That is not what I am after. I want a nice paint job with a clean industrial look. There is a difference between flat and satin.

I am having a really hard time deciding between my two choices and thought I would put up a post and get some other opinions. Personally I think either would look great, but I am kinda leaning towards the stormtrooper look.

First choice:

The brightest white I can find with a satin clear. Not flat, but no gloss and no reflection.

2008-Geneva-Auto-Show-043.jpg

Second choice:

Satin Black. Not flat, satin!

satin-black-vinyl-car.jpg

So, what ya got? Good or bad lets hear it.

Pic of said Yukon since my build is buried way down with all these new bad ass ZCON builds going on. Steps are gone. lol

dscf24872716359.jpg

I feel like you wouldn't notice THAT much of a difference between #1 and what you currently have, and #2 I think would look funny with no reflection in the body paint, but your windows reflecting everything since they are so dark.. well at least they look like it. Otherwise I really like number 2.

Satin White! That would be very clean. Plus you don't see this option often setting you apart from others.

That would look sick IMO.

Satin White FTW

SATIN white bro!!! .... I'm gonna be doing it soon on my camry (aka I can't afford to re-paint the car, so the gloss has just come off and continues) ... lol ...

I feel like you wouldn't notice THAT much of a difference between #1 and what you currently have

Otherwise I really like number 2.

Exactly what has me on the fence. That said, I think in person it will be substantially different.

Satin White! That would be very clean. Plus you don't see this option often setting you apart from others.

That would look sick IMO.

Yeah! I agree 100% with all this ^ and I think so too Bro. Excited to get this makeover done. Had to get the wife's blessing on this one, no hiding all that. She must loves me a lot as she said no problem baby. Either that or she is getting ready to hit me with some serious shit!

Satin White FTW

:fing34:

SATIN white bro!!! .... I'm gonna be doing it soon on my camry (aka I can't afford to re-paint the car, so the gloss has just come off and continues) ... lol ...

LOL!! Custom!

I love satin just make sure proper flatting agent is used so you can still buff the finish. White would be cheaper if you stay with the same base coat color. Around here a proper color change costs some $$$$. A buddy of mine just had a Tahoe painted satin blue, entire truck was stripped to the chassis minus the drive train(fire wall and all was painted). it set him back about 15 grand.

I love satin just make sure proper flatting agent is used so you can still buff the finish.

WORD!

First shop I went to they said yeah we do that, just dont put a clear coat on it. Um, NO and Goodbye!

White would be cheaper if you stay with the same base coat color. Around here a proper color change costs some $$.

Exactly what I was going to say. Changing color and doing it right would be much more expensive.

I like the white much better.

i say satin white, you dont see it much.

Plus im doing satin black and red on the camaro

Satin Black. Please!!!!

All black is the sexiest thing ever.

White would be cheaper if you stay with the same base coat color. Around here a proper color change costs some $$.

Exactly what I was going to say. Changing color and doing it right would be much more expensive.

Well lets keep this in perspective, I am not restoring a classic car.

lol

I should be able to do either one and stay within my budget. Like I said I just want a really nice paint job not THE best EVER.

lol

Satin Black. Please!!!!

I agree Bro, I love it! I think it would look mean as fuck!

BUT

I think that white will look damn nice and be a little different. Like a storm trooper!

Rite!

SEXY! SSA style!

what is a job like that gonna cost ya if you don't mind me asking?

White would be cheaper if you stay with the same base coat color. Around here a proper color change costs some $.

Well lets keep this in perspective, I am not restoring a classic car.

lol

I should be able to do either one and stay within my budget. Like I said I just want a really nice paint job not THE best EVER.

lol

You'd still have to do door jams/etc. It's not a whole lot more materials but it's more prep and prep time, which is more labor cost. I doubt it would be a $15K job like his friend but still, more money is more money.

I would do satin white simply to save the added expense of a complete color.

But then again, I'm a cheapass and wouldn't pay to repaint any of my vehicles.

Satin Black. Please!!!!

BUT

I think that white will look damn nice and be a little different. Like a storm trooper!

Storm Troopers = Coolest

You'd still have to do door jams/etc. It's not a whole lot more materials but it's more prep and prep time, which is more labor cost. I doubt it would be a $15K job like his friend but still, more money is more money.

I would do satin white simply to save the added expense of a complete color.

But then again, I'm a cheapass and wouldn't pay to repaint any of my vehicles.

I hear ya man, my funds are not unlimited either. I would just buy a new car if they were. lol

I will get the door jams painted either way. As for under the hood and other little areas under the truck the shop wouldnt be painting that. I could prolly do that myself if needed. Like maybe undercoat or bedliner, something rubberized. :ughdunno:

Rite!

SEXY! SSA style!

exactly

Satin white would look nice but satin black would be titties!

How are you fixing your quarter panels?

I would love to see a couple more 18's stuffed in there too :)

Satin Black. Please!!!!

BUT

Storm Troopers = Coolest

This >*

stormtrooper.jpg