kryptonitewhite

Thinking of invert mounting after reconed and longer port: fix cancell

and lower tuning.. plus the subs heat up the enclosure, bad for the amps too, so better cooling!

CIMG6535.jpg

CIMG6534.jpg

CIMG6533.jpg

CIMG6532.jpg

Port is 24" long now for a 22Hz tuning, I get bad cancellation I think, so I will do a 30" port which will reult in 20Hz

Maybe i'm wrong but i don't think changing tuning will help with your cancellation problems, from looking at your pics of the inside of the box i would be inclined to think you have way too much interference going on inside.

Maybe i'm wrong but i don't think changing tuning will help with your cancellation problems, from looking at your pics of the inside of the box i would be inclined to think you have way too much interference going on inside.

Lowering tuning is a biproduct... though 24" could be "long" it's not. When I ripped out the old port completely, leaving the 10" thick wall as a 10" port...that should have raised tuning to 27Hz and been hella louder...but it was dead... even more cancellation. I'm making the port longer to keep the rear wave from cancelling through the short port. Though I should lose dB from lowering tuning, I think it will be similar or increase from stopping the cancellation.

If those motors have pole vents I would leave some room between them and the seat

If those motors have pole vents I would leave some room between them and the seat

yup, gonna have to chop the tops of the seats off

So on the right is the new 30" port for a 20Hz tuning. 20" off the rear wall for 1 port diamerter clearance and will stick out the front of the wall as far as the inverted subs will... but see, the one on the left, 43", keeps staring at me. It would come out the wall quite a wayze and right inbetween the front seats... 2 free ends....18Hz tune... ah shit, here we go!

CIMG6542.jpg

I think that you are absolutely insane! But I really enjoy the fact that you don't give a shit what anyone thinks and do what makes YOU happy. Do your thing man.

Absolutely !!! Get after it bro !!! I'm tuned in !!!

dedication at its finest. :drink40:

Gawt Dam. Nothing gets between a man and his bass huh?