Sencheezy

Team IAK IronMan Explorer

Float tricks.

Interesting.........details young sir ;)

Interesting.........details young sir wink.png

These are kind rough, because I actually designed this one lmao

10.33 gross

8.3 net

aero takes up a cube at 22" long, (10"aero)

so the sub is seeing about 7cubes net.

Best so far is a 147.x on the dash.

did I miss where you got the flares?  Love the box...

did I miss where you got the flares?  Love the box...

I got them from Adrian_D

Finally got a H/o Alternator! Woot Woot. It's a 250amp DC Power that I bought used from Ohjay. Good guy as always to work with. So now my electrical consists of three group 31 batteries, and a 250 amp alt. Now I just need to redo my power/ground runs from up front and I will personal be satisfied finally haha.

IMAG1966_zpsxutr7g63.jpg

IMAG1965_zps49tahrxx.jpg

IMAG1964_zpsqrvoybwu.jpg

IMAG1963_zpsbmher6k0.jpg

I would like to charge my current batteries fist before installing. But hopefully I would see a big difference.

Oh! And this thing is freaking big as heck and really heavy! I was not expecting that at all lol.

Nice!

FINALLY!!! Good purchase ;)

Finally!! How the idle is good in the truck though.

can you tell me the differances with the areo port vs your previous box,

1. tuning

2. port area

3. any other impressions

4. why the change

The substage in this vehicle is really clean. Can't wait to hear it once everything is all together.

can you tell me the differances with the areo port vs your previous box,

1. tuning

2. port area

3. any other impressions

4. why the change

so, the thing is lol, I kind of must up the design of this box. In regards to the spec at least. But it is 7.3 cuft tuned to 34ish. Again, not 100% accurate. LOL. An 10" aero comes out to 75ish cuin. With an aero, you can get away with 25% less space vs slot port, or something to that. Impressions, it sounds like bass. I thought I was expecting a difference in sound, but no, it sounds the same. Now, with this box, I do have peaks at different frequencies. Unfortunately, I was never able to graph both enclosures to reflect this. The biggest difference, is SPACE SPACE SPACE lol. Oh, I am also about a db louder with the change. Why the change, meh, I guess I just wanted to try something different, I also had the aero's from Adrian_D just laying around, and wanted to use it. Also, It makes burping much easier. 

The substage in this vehicle is really clean. Can't wait to hear it once everything is all together.

Thank you sir. Can't wait to hear it after the rebuild is complete.

Things in order, just to give everyone an update.

New Sub is in order. New Radio has been installed. H/o has been installed, as of a few days ago. New battery purchased, makes for 4 total Group 31s. I asked a teammate to let me use his charger to recharge, which he disagreed, so I am in the process of charging them via Autozone during rebuild. BTW, a fun fact, The Sears Platinum Series at full charge (12.8), has over 1,000 amps in it LOL. Winning. New SounDrive HiFi RCA's to be installed. New front stage. And New enclosure for new sub. Will also be installing new runs of Welding Cable. New false floor to be installed as well.

So, as you can see, a lot has to be done in such a short time. This re-build is schedule to be complete for SBN. I will keep everyone posted!

I never disagreed. You've have literally used it more than I have in the past 6 months to which I offered to sell it to you instead. For someone that can afford tons of other audio equipment you seem to take it personally with the pay to play saying we have come to acknowledge. 

Finally got a H/o Alternator! Woot Woot. It's a 250amp DC Power that I bought used from Ohjay. Good guy as always to work with. So now my electrical consists of three group 31 batteries, and a 250 amp alt. Now I just need to redo my power/ground runs from up front and I will personal be satisfied finally haha.

IMAG1966_zpsxutr7g63.jpg

IMAG1965_zps49tahrxx.jpg

IMAG1964_zpsqrvoybwu.jpg

IMAG1963_zpsbmher6k0.jpg

I would like to charge my current batteries fist before installing. But hopefully I would see a big difference.

Oh! And this thing is freaking big as heck and really heavy! I was not expecting that at all lol.

hell yeah, YOU GOT THE POWAadhd.gif

I now have 4" subwoofer and 4" midbass and I think even my horns have 2" coils? But hey, size isn't everything right? LOL

As I am rebuilding, I will be providing updates through the whole process.

First thing is first, getting electrical done the proper way! Haha. I purchased another Sears Platinum, so that brings me up to 3, and 1 deka. So currenetly, So with the new one I purchased, I placed it under the hood while the other three charge. I have been beating the piss out of these for over a year now, and I can't believe they are still at 12.8 resting volts. That blew my mind haha. None the less, and for safe measure, I have placed them on a charger, and will leave them there for a few days. Tonight after work, I will put the sub/amp/box upstairs to the house. During this time, I will be build a new false floor and tossing the current one out the window. 

20140226_162605_zpshp4qfxm9.jpeg

20140226_162643_zpsq1gozgqm.jpeg

20140226_162745_zpsgmw1hzyg.jpeg

I will also be getting my Viper Smart Start installed this friday as well since my key fob is dead haha. 

Hookah?

IMG_20140224_231053_zpsaxpgoadn.jpg

Oh, I guess I should address this, even though I will be switching subwoofer manufactures, I will still continue my support as they have always treated me well, and because I support this community. With SBN around the corner, I simply cannot wait a month for an recone at the moment, and with the cost of an recone, I'd like to try something different. I'm sure I'll be back though <3 For the SSA Evil to take 2 times rms for a year straight daily, I tip my hat off. 

IMAG2293_zpswqsqwfd1.jpg

Big show over the weekend also. People still love my truck, so that's always an awesome feeling. 

Also picked up some SounDrive HiFi RCA cables that I will be installing soon as well. 

So an overcap:

• Active Radio - check (semi active, no x-over points FTL)
  • New RCA - check
  • Recharge batts - check
  • install new sub - pending
  • install new mids - installation pending

All of this to be done by SBN 2014

IMG_20140223_031655_zps8g8lmnh7.jpg

144 db still with one coil ;)

ummm

144 db still with one coil wink.png

... why is that sub all destroyed??? basket looks insane!!!

ummm

144 db still with one coil wink.png

... why is that sub all destroyed??? basket looks insane!!!

Coil burnt up? I've made a thread about this already sir. "SSA Evil 1 year later". Basket is fine, it has green color on it from mounting in the last enclosure. 

More updates. Got a few pics in, but MANY hours LOL.

Got the battery bank charged up and installed. IMAG2312_zpsfmjkcwsx.jpg

Ran 1 run of power and ground Staging Cable.

IMG_20140301_162440_zpse5p5a8ei.jpg

Got the lugs soldered on.

IMAG2322_zpsopmrbnwm.jpg

We have connection!

IMG_20140301_205812_zpsxkeqfkdn.jpg

I also showed my false floor some Tender Love and Care.

IMAG2325_zpsxbowl7px.jpg

Next few things is to mount the amps, mount the enclosure. Wrap the enclosure. Tuck the RCAs in, mount the radio. And get the front doors glassed and I'll be rockin' and rollin'!

Hope you guys enjoy the updates.