Sencheezy

Team IAK IronMan Explorer

Looks very nice Senchez!!!

Bye bye mpg's lol

Time for update. Stopped by the shop today.

Snagged a few pictures. In no particular order.

IMAG2718_zpsqbn8bnro.jpg

IMAG2717_zpssunfhohp.jpg

IMAG2717_zpssunfhohp.jpg

IMAG2715_zpsgr6f6kvl.jpg

IMAG2713_zpsc7xerqku.jpg

IMAG2711_zpswvzz2nuv.jpg

IMAG2711_zpswvzz2nuv.jpg

IMAG2707_zpsw0qcyruf.jpg

IMAG2706_zpsdb8ol6nc.jpg

IMAG2705_zpso2eayyzn.jpg

IMAG2704_zpsde8fbaz2.jpg

IMAG2703_zps0slmsa3z.jpg

IMAG2702_zpsonqe09yb.jpg

IMAG2701_zps9nwg7uzy.jpg

IMAG2700_zpsoe3aij8y.jpg

IMAG2699_zpsopnxmgdd.jpg

IMAG2698_zpsobvz9tng.jpg

IMAG2697_zpsdsqh5lst.jpg

Be careful with those amps they are current hogs for sure.

IMAG2716_zpsltfnmxjf.jpg

IMAG2708_zpsgidjarnh.jpg

Be careful with those amps they are current hogs for sure.

Goal is to play in the 12-13v range. Reach would explain the 10 batts lol. I'm hoping this will suffice for now until later upgrades. 

Looking good man. Why did you decide to go with a 4th band pass box I was always under the impression that it wasn't ideal for SUV? Your build is looking right on point for your goal good luck.

Looking good man. Why did you decide to go with a 4th band pass box I was always under the impression that it wasn't ideal for SUV? Your build is looking right on point for your goal good luck.

Hi bro !

I feel like it's the best way to run so much subs, when you can't find room to fit all of them in front of the windshield.

I'd like to have a week in SXM soon. I'll let you know, Alain !

I don't think that's the reason.  I have 8 15s in a scion xb flat wall and he's got an explorer.. 

But his build will be done before mine.  I'm just coasting.

I see those bright RCAs wink.png

Yep, seen that too. I will be glad when I can get everything measured out to order mine.

Hi bro !

I feel like it's the best way to run so much subs, when you can't find room to fit all of them in front of the windshield.

I'd like to have a week in SXM soon. I'll let you know, Alain !

I don't think that's the reason.  I have 8 15s in a scion xb flat wall and he's got an explorer.. 

8 15s and the port area for that many in a flat wall?

Mostly because of their extended bandwith response. Also, I've seen these designs to work really well in person. From people such as Scott Bowman, 162.x dbs, to Jason Myers, 160.x dbs. And they are doing this well relatively small subwoofer count. It fits my general style. Of doing the most work with the least equipment. And that is what I plan to do with this build. 

The reason why it may not be best for most SUVs. Is again, space. It all comes down to space. If you're not able to do at least an 3:1 ratio, I wouldn't bother with such design. This box here is almost 50cubes gross. The original flat wall design was only I think, 18cubes net? So I wanted to utilize all the space I had available. 

50 cubes wow pictures doesn't do this beast any justice.

50 cubes wow pictures doesn't do this beast any justice.

lol. You have to see it in person. 

Mostly because of their extended bandwith response. Also, I've seen these designs to work really well in person. From people such as Scott Bowman, 162.x dbs, to Jason Myers, 160.x dbs. And they are doing this well relatively small subwoofer count. It fits my general style. Of doing the most work with the least equipment. And that is what I plan to do with this build. 

The reason why it may not be best for most SUVs. Is again, space. It all comes down to space. If you're not able to do at least an 3:1 ratio, I wouldn't bother with such design. This box here is almost 50cubes gross. The original flat wall design was only I think, 18cubes net? So I wanted to utilize all the space I had available. 

You said the main reason I'd use a 4th band design in an SUV. The absolute biggest reason I'd use one is to transfer the most sound possible from a trunk to inside a car. I don't have a trunk so no worries there though so I'm good lol.

8 15s and the port area for that many in a flat wall?

Currently just over 400sqin.

I will say that DreDay's Magnum sounds killer and puts up good numbers. His 4 18's is a 1:2 ratio. His sealed section is 20cu and his ported section is 10cu and it plays really flat and good. So I think its all trial and era and vehicle specific

Yep..

Trial and Era?  

Sounds like a time in history, there was once an epic install, heh.

Shooting for Tuesday or Wednesday to be playing.

Engine in?

Ha- good point- i forgot about the motor.

IMG_0345_2_zpsyb3nacvw.jpg

As someone mentioned further up  I would seperate each fuse, instead of one large fuse block, Because if one wire  shorts its doubtful that all of those fuses would blow quickly enough to prevent any damage. If you used all 300 amp fuses, 1200amps could cause some pretty instant damage.

As someone mentioned further up  I would seperate each fuse, instead of one large fuse block, Because if one wire  shorts its doubtful that all of those fuses would blow quickly enough to prevent any damage. If you used all 300 amp fuses, 1

200amps could cause some pretty instant damage.

I like this setup....gives me a direction on where I want to take my build once I get these die hard platinum g31