Sencheezy

Team IAK IronMan Explorer

nice... how many feet of wire did you order?

for your engine noise, try ground the black wire in your harness directly to a metal bracket behind your dash. my blazer was horrible with alternator whine, once i grounded it to the airbag bracket my noise went away completely.

great products btw

I tried the same thing and it made it 100% worse lol. Some cars all run to the same ground, I know a lot of ford cars are like that. Personally I would make an independent ground.

A independent ground from where to where? Seriously need help with this.

nice... how many feet of wire did you order?

Sig

oh.... did you really need that much???

oh.... did you really need that much???

10 Feet in right now, will let you know tomarrow. I wouldn't definately like to have too much rather than not enough though. One run from bat to cargo is ~ 15 feet though, so times that by two right off the batt, plus 10 for Grande Tres.

for your engine noise, try ground the black wire in your harness directly to a metal bracket behind your dash. my blazer was horrible with alternator whine, once i grounded it to the airbag bracket my noise went away completely.

great products btw

I tried the same thing and it made it 100% worse lol. Some cars all run to the same ground, I know a lot of ford cars are like that. Personally I would make an independent ground.

to a solid piece of metal, also check ALL your grounds, I would ground your HU to the frame also, I would also clean all of your amps grounds till they shine.

Damn, So I actually might be short FML, I forgot to count ground :Doh: !!

Edited by Sencheezy

great products btw

to a solid piece of metal, also check ALL your grounds, I would ground your HU to the frame also, I would also clean all of your amps grounds till they shine.

If you look at that pic of the rear of my HU from the last post, I have that wire going to a ground in the rear already. I have a Single copper wire going around all RCAs and go into the Antenna opening. Then, I have three srews from the rear going to a ground behing the HU area.

Ok, now for the story, opening the package for the terminals, I wondered, HTF am I gonna crimp these :trippy: ? They are sooo thick, and just, seem unmoveable. So I found a solution, instead of ordering a 400$ crimper, I used some tool, (don't know the name), and a hammer. The pictures will help explain my method which turned out really great actually and I am very satisfied with the results.

And a quick local stop to AutoZone I upgraded the terminals. Do have a problem though, the postive post of this daily battery is larger than the negative post. The problem this causes is that the new terminals won't snuggly fit on the negative post, so right now, its on there, but isn't tight at all :shrug: (Yes thats what she said I know), so any opinion on how to fix this?

Thats it for today :drink40:

I ordered and use the Lenco Swedge-On tool from Weldingsupply for crimping, it works great and only $12. I also use their $9 Barracutter cable cutter and it works well. It looks like you did a fine job crimping with your tile nippers but I wouldn't want to be beating on them with a hammer.

The Positive post is almost always larger than the Negative post. Did you buy the terminals as singles or in a 2 pack? It sounds like you just have 2 Positive terminals. The only other thing I can think of is that you do indeed have a Positive and Negative and simply mixed them up. Was the other terminal very tight?

I will keep those tools in mind for sure, thanks, and yes, when I moved to the positive post, it looks to fit just fine. I did buy both seperate.... Hmm, idk that there was two different kinds.

Lo the tile nippers handle the beating quit well. Not sure if thats hos its suppose to be, but I was chipping up concrete before any damage was done to the tool thats for sure.

And if it does break, you can just take it back and get a new one. Kobalt ftw

Looks great so far.

I'm finishing up your design right now. Sorry it took a little longer to that back to you then we wanted. I have been avoiding hiring new people, however, it seems I can not hide from that any longer. lol

update:

IMG_20120113_130333.jpg

IMG_20120113_130447.jpg

IMG_20120113_130457.jpg

IMG_20120113_130527.jpg

IMG_20120113_135419.jpg

IMG_20120113_150139.jpg

IMG_20120113_150153.jpg

IMG_20120113_103631.jpg

IMG_20120113_153640.jpg

IMG_20120113_153654.jpg

So, the first batch of photos are my new Short Ram Cold Air Intake. I love this damn thing, a huge improvement for sure. One hour install time as well. Second bath of photos are of the big three complete. Been up for quite some time, so hopefully I can get some rest tomarrow and continue sometime this weekend.

Me and Some Co-Workers at work

IMG_20120116_070450.jpg

This picture it finally snowed, and hasn't snowed since lol Maybe we will just skip winter this year?

IMG_20120112_162735-1.jpg

Here are the two Circuit Breakers that I will be using for this build. They may not be the appropiate size, but I think they will be adequate for this short time.

IMG_20120113_110108.jpg

And here is me running 12 runs of fiber at work at 3 in the phreaking morning :suicide-santa: 6 12m and 6 15m

IMG_20120117_033636.jpg

Edited by Sencheezy

I finally finished up all of my cabling today. I phucking blow at drilling grounds into the frame. I failed twice, I guess I'm not using the correct types of screws or something :ughdunno: . So I just used an existing bolt, I sanded it down, so hopefully that will suffice. Tomarrow I should have something in the mail, and its HUGE, so I am planning to be all done with this small install then. Just got to install one more thing for my DVD and then clean up the wires in the cargo area once box is installed and I'll be set to go :woot:

Alright, heres the last update for this small build log, from this point forward, I will only be updating once equipment arrives, whenever that may be. :peepwall:

This picture is what showed up a few days ago

IMG_20120119_131144.jpg

IMG_20120119_131416.jpg

IMG_20120119_131704.jpg

I made several attempts with DC Creations to get a box built for when I had the 10", but had no luck. Very few response that included information such as, Sorry I forgot, or been busy and will get back in the morning, or the most recent reasoning being out for lunch. I am very disappointed with their CS and wouldn't recommend if your not willing to basicaly beg them for an enclosure. This box was built by Audible Enclosures I believe and is huge and is amazing. Made out of birch wood, and specs are 4.0 cuft tuned to 34hz. I absolutely love this thing.

Next picture is of the DMM I chose to tune my system

IMG_20120121_125239.jpg

I really like it, feels well built.

And this picture is where I decided to install the voltmeter, I like it, and oddly its not too bright for me, maybe since its so low I don't see it while driving?

IMG_20120121_132629.jpg

It was already calibrated correctly which was nice. I checked with a DMM. My voltage seems rather low tho :( In the morning on a cold start, its anywhere between 14.0 and 14.3 but during normal driving, its anywhere from 13.8-14.0, I have the big three done, 130 factory amp alt, and a large walmart batt under the hood so IDK...

The following two pics are of my finished terminal wiring, not the best but will do for now.

IMG_20120122_155020.jpg

IMG_20120122_155033.jpg

And these last pictures are of the goodies

IMG_20120122_155128.jpg

IMG_20120122_155139.jpg

IMG_20120122_155148.jpg

IMG_20120122_155157.jpg

And thats it for the camera show. All left to do now is to clean up the wires and vacume up a bit lol. I played around a bit with box placement and I am most satisfied with the port on the passenger side. Other thing on the to do list is to install some sort of amp rack, not sure how I am going to do this, any ideas would be great! I want to keep it clean but security is my number one priority. I have to find a wall to bolt down the box and the amp rack. I have a few bolts around the cargo area, some are holding down the third row seats, and some are holding down a few cargo hooks. The other thing is to install my Viper 5902 which I am NOT going to attempt lol. But shop quotes cost more than the freaking viper did :excl::rofl2:

Well thats it for now guys, would love to hear some feed back :wavey5:

Pretty awsome to watch your vehicle while at work

IMG_20120122_164237.jpg

ur voltage is fine... only seems low cause its the stock alt... my mechman alt is 15v on cold start... goes down to about 14.2 after warm up... 14.5 while driving..

everything looks good so far!

where did you get your welding cable from ???

Personally I'd go from what you have on your battery terminal to something like this

DEK-00149-lg.jpg

Personally I'd go from what you have on your battery terminal to something like this

DEK-00149-lg.jpg

That exactly what I want!! where do you find this? Linky poor favor

Looking good! :ghost: Have everything dialed in yet? I need some more pics. :popcorn:

Looking good! :ghost: Have everything dialed in yet? I need some more pics. :popcorn:

Dialed in as in tuned to my liking, yes. More pics? I have like, 30 already lol, but will post more once I get more things going.

You should be able to get those terminals from anywhere that sells batteries, I got mine from Autozone.

You should be able to get those terminals from anywhere that sells batteries, I got mine from Autozone.

autozone and O'rileys sell em for like 5-6 bucks a pair