Sencheezy

Team IAK IronMan Explorer

nice updates, I think the icon dust cap should be on the zcon smile.png

Thanks! aww you don't like the nipple? :lol:

looks great... from the photos with the sub installed you cannot tell how badly you cut those circles...peepwall.gif ... lmfao... jk, it looks great man, wtf are you using as a port???

Thanks! hahahaha, ass :P I'm using a concrete foam tube from Lowes, 10"

Dam son, hope that fits in your car!

Lol it does! Thank god cuz its huge! And weighs quite a bit

I hear ya man, its hard to get everything perfect. Especially using a skillsaw. Nice looking box and build though!

Its very hard, next time I will just ask them to do it, idc if its like a few extra bucks, its worth it lol. Thanks a lot! Took ab 4 damn days but its done... well almost, I need to fix some things :(

Happy to see you are nearly there! What material are the bolts? I would recommend aluminum because standard steel does not conduct all that well.

Thanks! I guess I'm about 96% done with the box at this point. I'm not sure on the bolts, but with such a short connection, hopefully it doesn't affect it too much, thanks for the tip thoough!

post vids when its up and running smile.png

Well I can't post vids while here at work no more! :lol::( Use to all the time with my Icon...Maybe in the morning once I leave.

looks crazy... go for a drive you're special man!!!

Lol it does look crazy, Idk, I like it. Its sort of as this, "idc what i look like, I'm loud as fuck" hehe.

hahaha

don't laugh at me hoe :P

Cant wait till you get to listen to that beast!

I just did!! woot woot! Until the damn po po's come showing up. I'm all like :wtf: yo! Its 2:30 in the morning and I work at a commerical area. Hell I though I was the only one here in the lot... Guess not lol

You freaking tease!!! Get a video up. Go where the police can't here you.......far away lol

lol sucks about the cops showing up... atleast u didnt get a ticket ;)

As N.W.A. would have screamed.....F@*! the police!!

looks great man. i just have a question. with the bolts you're using, why don't you pull the gasket up a little bit and bolt under it so that they don't squish it in weird ways

bwahahahhahaahah you ass

I didn't post that vid yet because its not quite ready yet :lol:

Should be ready by this weekend though :peepwall:

Edited by Sencheezy

My fast ninja skillz couldn't resist

I know who NOT to tell secrets to next time! :lol:

I know who NOT to tell secrets to next time! :lol:

I like secrets!!!

I guess I'm not special enough to get secrets :( LOL

I know who NOT to tell secrets to next time! laugh.png

Next time I will not spill the beans. But at least tell me when I gots secrets!!!!

damn bean spillers

Well you had this for a few, how does it sound?

idk if I should say this just yet, since I haven't metered it yet. But I will say this, I agree with you/ricki/liljestrend

I'm going to try a few things out though, not sure when as its time consuming, but heres a list.

• change box with the Audible Customs box
  • change box with Shizzzon box
  • change ports
  • move around all three boxes positioning

If all thoese fail, then I will reomove the Arc Audio XEQ just as another variable, even though I used it at the last MECA I went to...

Edited by Sencheezy

idk if I should say this just yet, since I haven't metered it yet. But I will say this, I agree with you/ricki/liljestrend

I'm going to try a few things out though, not sure when as its time consuming, but heres a list.

• change ports

If all thoese fail, then I will reomove the Arc Audio XEQ just as another variable, even though I used it at the last MECA I went to...

Not really a sub for music and takes goobs of power to get loud. I tried to tell you peepwall.gif Good luck though bro. Hopefully you can achieve what you want!

• change ports

Not really a sub for music and takes goobs of power to get loud. I tried to tell you peepwall.gif Good luck though bro. Hopefully you can achieve what you want!

Heres my theory, ok, so the zcon was designed for goobs of power right. This is not to say, that you need goobs of power, but perferably, thats what you want for this sub as it was designed for higher power. So maybe once that power is applied, then it will produce more bass at a higher level (obviously) as intended. Which could inheritely explain why my Icon was getting or (felt) much louder, because I was supplying the wattage it was designed for.

But who knows, again, this is just my theory at this point until I can conduct futher experimenting.

And I know you did.... :Doh: Thanks anyways! The reason for me being hard headed, was because A: Seeing other members haveing success with it, grant they are offering that goobs of power, and B: I've owned a Btl and was applying the same wattage. This may not be a fair comparison, but with the ~the same wattage, ~same enclosure specs and ~vehcile, I honestly didn't expect such a drastic change/difference.

• change ports

thats a pretty false statement . im gonna have to step in here. the zcons sounds very good on music, ive had tons of compliments on how then sounded at shows doing demos. im no sq guy but i know when a sub sounds like poopoo on music. the zcon is not one of them. as for needing gobbs of power..... come on bro. have you seen my videos with the sae1200 before i got my DCs?

dont mean to jack the thread but i dont want it going around that these are SPL only subs and cant play music.

thats a pretty false statement . im gonna have to step in here. the zcons sounds very good on music, ive had tons of compliments on how then sounded at shows doing demos. im no sq guy but i know when a sub sounds like poopoo on music. the zcon is not one of them. as for needing gobbs of power..... come on bro. have you seen my videos with the sae1200 before i got my DCs?

dont mean to jack the thread but i dont want it going around that these are SPL only subs and cant play music.

I have used the driver and was not impressed. Maybe in a different install it could be better but I cant imagine it.

• change ports

You are correct on all claims steve, and this is why I haven't publicly posted any of my "theories" as I haven't completed my trial 100% yet, and will take the above steps to try and correct this. I was simply posting back to edoube. sorry if it seemed misleading.

I have used the driver and was not impressed. Maybe in a different install it could be better but I cant imagine it.

well im not going to try to convince you. maybe unlikely expectations.

its your build log. you can post as you like. everybody has opinions. even edouble. i just stick up for what i love.

Actually Steve he is not the only one to share the same thoughts. There are other forum members who would actually agree. All with the same complaints, mainly being that the zcon seems to play very heavy on the low end (<30hz) very aggresively. Since it has been broughten up, I will share some thoughts up to this point. The zcon is amazing, right, and it puts out tons of air. More than twice of my Icon, but yet, for some reason, the icon actually "felt" louder than my zcon. Hard to explain in text, but to try and better explain what I'm trying to say, I will use an example. My icon was able to flex my front doors noticably, and perform a 12oz can trick. Ok, but my zcon and flex the ISH out of my front doors along with everything else, but yet, to the ear, my icon was noticably louder. I know there are some people out there that would probably prefer this setup as they only care about the notes we can't hear (<27hz). But personaly, I'm not as such a huge fan.

Now this is just an early assessment, and I will continue to try and tune and tweaks things around a little, to see if I can play at my personal liking.

The Zcon IMO sounds fantastic, tuned at 34hz but has no problem playing rock (X-Over at 125hz on HU) and it is awesome and loud while still being able to get high and low.

I've used many subwoofers and this is my favorite subwoofer to date. I've owned Fi, IA, SKAR, MTX, JL, etc. By far this is my favorite sub, I too have gotten NUMERIOUS compliments on how good it sound on rock/rap/dubstep/etc.

The ZCON was meant to have a HEAVY peak down low... it is a ground pounding woofer.

Edited by Julian

Interesting how a group of ZCON users can have vastly different opinions.

Looking forward to seeing your next step!