Sencheezy

Team IAK IronMan Explorer

Nice! Big an black, jus like I like my.......wait...nevermind. Looks serious sir, can't wait to get Ur impressions after the first listen, should move a tad of air.

Dat box is da sexaniss!!! Senchez is probably scared of it though.....LOL

Badass bro!

What is that coating? Looks more than straight paint.

In for vidzzzz

It is regular flat back paint brushed on. It was still wet when he took pics. I will let him give his opinion but it slams hella hard. Threw the box in my truck to test before his and seriously pounds. Very clean, tight, deep and hard hitting. Making me rethink my build and I may just snatch up some Zcon 18's

post-12451-0-69129100-1333663852_thumb.j

post-12451-0-61182900-1333663863_thumb.j

Edited by swift

Box looks great!

wheres the vid at .... :)

On my phone it looked like it had a texture. Looks good!

Are those still the galvanized bolts for the terminals?

On my phone it looked like it had a texture. Looks good!

Are those still the galvanized bolts for the terminals?

Well its textured somewhat. Its just fake leather but looks and feels good to the touch. Cleans nicely to with soap and water.

The terminals are just zinc plated all thread. They work just fine.

Thanks

Should have vids by the end of the weekend. In the past 24hrs, I slept about 20 lol, give or take. But I'm up early, so I will have a lot of time to work on the eX. Oddly enough, I'm still having that scratching noise in my vehicle. This was not present at all in swift's vehicle. I guess this is a good excuse to install the Zeeeeeeeeeeed peepwall.gif

Thanks for all the kind words fellas!!

Edited by Sencheezy

Ok, I did a few things this morning. First was, I corrected my RCA's, the sub output, was NOT going to the sub input of the AQ :Doh: !!! This is what was REALLY causing the scratching noise, well that combined with too large of an enclosure. Well, I did that, then I installed the Zed to give it a listen and wow. I really can't explain how amazing it sounded. for 600 watts, there was a good bit of output. but compared to 1200, I simply took it out. But man oh man, like, never mind, I'm not even going to attempt to explain how well it sounded with the Zed lol. I will be installing a amp rack this weekend, so that will be the next update so stay tuned!

So you never got a chance to try the old box with the correct signal?

Either way, the new box is way nicer.

Its funny how most car audio problems are simple things that are overlooked, glad everythong is working now. Box looks good, how does it perform?

Box looks pretty damn nice. Glad you got things figured out.

Ok, I did a few things this morning. First was, I corrected my RCA's, the sub output, was NOT going to the sub input of the AQ Doh.gif

you noob :P

glad u got things figured out :D

Well as it turns out, whats causing this noise may be the aq1200, im getting vocals out of the sub. This was not the case with the zed. I will spend more time with it and try to figure this out. I my end up using the zed permantely if I cant get the aq to work properly. Lpf is at 80 both on HU and amp, ssf is at 31 & gains are match.

Hopefully the new setup gives you what you wanted

Well as it turns out, whats causing this noise may be the aq1200, im getting vocals out of the sub. This was not the case with the zed. I will spend more time with it and try to figure this out. I my end up using the zed permantely if I cant get the aq to work properly. Lpf is at 80 both on HU and amp, ssf is at 31 & gains are match.

The signal going to the sub is full range, or using a slack slope. The zed may have / be set to a steep slope, and the AQ isn't. Thus one plays vocals, and other doesn't.

Just my guess.

Did you ever notice this sound with the Icon? Do you have another sub to try out on both amps? Also try turning down your lpf, 80hz on a 12db will not stop frequencies above 80hz from getting to your sub, it only attenuates them.

Edited by jay-cee

Did you ever notice this sound with the Icon? Do you have another sub to try out on both amps? Also try turning down your lpf, 80hz on a 12db will not stop frequencies above 80hz from getting to your sub, it only attenuates them.

I can't remember having this same experience with the Icon. I still have it though. I suppose i could drop it in. But doing that would do me no good at this point as I am running the Zcon from this point forward, as well it has been confirmed that it is not the Zcon. Turning down the lpf on amp and HU only cause less output in the upper range and problem was still apparent. If you put your ear right above the nipple, you can hear the vocals coming out of it. I did this little test while unplugging the mids/highs.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

I dont even use the LPF on my amp. I have it turned off and use the headunit so I can tweak on the fly.

If you are getting vocals in the sub that would mean that both the HU and the amp LPF isn't working and I find that unlikely.

Well I have everything up and playing, right now I have the ZED on the highs/mids and the AQ on the sub. kind of just laying down on the floor, not show ready for sure. But I will get that up and looking nice sometime this week hopefully. Most of my problems have been solved. I've elimanted the EQ, at least for now. Ordered new RCA's. New box. And a lot of tunning with the SSF/gains/LPF on the AQ and some tweaking on the ZED.

One thing I will like to note regarding the ZED, is that it seems to have this "auto" turn on feature, but the problems relies in the lower volume. Below 10/40. It won't play, until I turn it up past 10 or so. Other than that, it sounds great. Can't wait to get my other drivers in there. Also, the "ZED" logo that is lite in LEDs seems to flicker with bass notes, I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. On some really heavy notes at high volume, the "Z, E, and most of the D" will just go off. But its weird because my Voltage stays at 13.8.

But overall, I guess I'm satisfied. I'm gonna make some finacial adjustments so I can get them doors done :peepwall:

kinda weird about the "auto on" feature on the ZED... post more pics ! lol

And...

It's been a while since an update. How are things going?