Sencheezy

Team IAK IronMan Explorer

lol. are these caps any lighter?

SEXtremely lighter.

LBVS

What I'm currently doing :)

IMG_20120730_232001.jpg

Taking off this rubber adhesive is really starting to become a PITA.

So your debadging? Or do you plan on replacing the stocks?

So your debadging? Or do you plan on replacing the stocks?

I debadged it. Looks pretty good so far, its dark outside though. That damn rubber adhesive was a bish! lol

I go to school for auto body collision repair, there only a bitch if you dont have an eraser wheel :P What did you use to get em off with? Also, what do you plan to do with the badges?

I go to school for auto body collision repair, there only a bitch if you dont have an eraser wheel tongue.png What did you use to get em off with? Also, what do you plan to do with the badges?

I DID NOT HAVE one of those!!!! lmao

I first sprayed the emblem down with that turtle wax sticker remover from walmart. I was gonna use goof off? But I couldn't find it. i was also gonna use a flat hard plastic skweggi?(damn it I can't spell.). But I could find one there either. So I just used a hard plastic tool. I like, turned it sideways and scrapped away. Only took 90 mins FML.

Taking off the badge itself was easy. I just sprayed it down, took my blow dryer, and heated it up really good. took some fishing line, went behind the emblem, and just slid underneath it. Then it just came right off.

Thats the best way to remove the badge, specially if your trying to save the paint. Ive never used that kinda remover, and honestly goof off woulda been a waste of time lol. A body filler speader or plastic putty knife mighta took a few minutes off that time. Regardless, there off now lol. I like the look of debaging. Specially if the vehicle is/will be murderd out.

Reason i ask what you plan to do with the emblems, I collect em. If you dont plan on keeping them, shoot me a price you might want for em.

Thats the best way to remove the badge, specially if your trying to save the paint. Ive never used that kinda remover, and honestly goof off woulda been a waste of time lol. A body filler speader or plastic putty knife mighta took a few minutes off that time. Regardless, there off now lol. I like the look of debaging. Specially if the vehicle is/will be murderd out.

Reason i ask what you plan to do with the emblems, I collect em. If you dont plan on keeping them, shoot me a price you might want for em.

putty knife would have been great! lol. Yeah the paint doens't seem to be affected, and yes, future plan is to be murdered out :peepwall:

Ok cool, yeah, I'll sell them. It seems these are going for about 10$ each on ebay. These are IronMan badges though, limited edition. What you see in the picture is what I have. 3 large explorer emblems, and one small "ATRSC" emblem.We could do like, 40$ shipped? PM with a response to the badges.

Maybe you should've researched & took your time to do it the easiest & most efficient way??? I could've told you about the eraser wheel goofball! LOL!!

I will give you credit for knowing about heating the adhesive & using fishing line.

uh oh.. it's not a good idea to put "steal me" badges on your vehicle...

I hope no one thinks you got an iron man in there...

Got some small items in today :woot:

IMG_20120731_200640.jpg

IMG_20120731_200658.jpg

IMG_20120731_201431.jpg

IMG_20120731_201453.jpg

:)

Heres it is debadged :)

debagded.jpg

The next thing I would like to do, is remove that windshield wiper and handle. If anybody has any suggestions, that would be great! I'm thinking, removing them, shouldn't be an issue, its just, once they are removed, what is left underneath. And how do I go about filling it if there is a gap?

well, i cant say ive ever done that before, but i DO know that body filler wont fill glass very good. Or look good at all lol. All i can think of is a custom glass. Ive been wrong before tho.

Dude you have batteries!

So I now have a total of (6) XS Power XP1000's and shall be a member of team XS very soon :foshizzle:

IMG_20120804_204651.jpg

IMG_20120804_205324.jpg

These will be used to power my two Cendo BC5500s :)

I don't need these just yet, but at the price, I couldn't avoid. I will be running an independant alternator for this system as well :peepwall:

I never understood why SPL competitors would run at 12v. Good thinking.

I never understood why SPL competitors would run at 12v. Good thinking.

me neither! The power increase is bonkers O.o :lol:

You bought davids batteries?

16v is for guys that can't hack it in 12v. BTW. LOL

fixed.......16v is for guys that are smart enough to use it.

Not quite, but not surprised you think that way.

You wil drop below 16v unless you have a huge bank, What happens when you start dropping quickly? What is more important higher voltage or more amperage? Amperage. 12v is the way to go. I've tried to explain this to you but you chose to ignore me but w/e you'll learn.

Julian is mostly right.. I have done the calculations on this.

IT is cheaper to get 16v AND be able to put out more VA on 16v than 12v, but requires a lot of weight and space.

Big vehicles do not have this problem so it's ideal in this situation.