IMAG0127_zps7c572659.jpg

IMAG0128_zpsc6c9ec8a.jpg

IMAG0129_zps06dd9cd5.jpg

IMAG0130_zps047a0a36.jpg

IMAG0131_zpscf263b7b.jpg

IMAG0132_zps6b76e144.jpg

IMAG0135_zps739c523d.jpg

Thoughts!!??

now, just got to make it pretty and installation is complete!

Looking good.

Nice! Staging will be better with the driver's side horn mounted closer to the kick panel (more towards the outside of the car). Although I dont think you are concerned with the sound stage lol. No get some 10" midbass in there!

Nice! Staging will be better with the driver's side horn mounted closer to the kick panel (more towards the outside of the car). Although I dont think you are concerned with the sound stage lol. No get some 10" midbass in there!

Thanks Edouble!! I got them as far back as I could, physically. I actually caught a break on the driver side. What a pickle that was lol. When I press the brake pedal, the rod that the adjustable pedal is on, would push down of the top side of the horn, but the way I have it now, when I push it down, the pressure will move the horn down, but once break is released, the horn will be supported again. On the passenger side, there is some kind of black container in the way from preventing me to go back any further. But I do have each motor towards the wall side. The sound stage, at least to me, sounds phucking unbelievable. These are a bit bright around the 3k range. Try to adjust those may be difficult due to my limitation of sq controls via my pioneer.

Thanks Edouble!! I got them as far back as I could, physically. I actually caught a break on the driver side. What a pickle that was lol. When I press the brake pedal, the rod that the adjustable pedal is on, would push down of the top side of the horn, but the way I have it now, when I push it down, the pressure will move the horn down, but once break is released, the horn will be supported again. On the passenger side, there is some kind of black container in the way from preventing me to go back any further. But I do have each motor towards the wall side. The sound stage, at least to me, sounds phucking unbelievable. These are a bit bright around the 3k range. Try to adjust those may be difficult due to my limitation of sq controls via my pioneer.

An easy way to tame those minis is to set your high pass filter at 7000hz with a shallow 6db slope. This will almost eliminate the need for eq. Can you do that with the equipment you have? 

....a 7khz slope might sound high put remember these are hlcd's and once mounted in a car they peak high around 2-5khz. A 7khz slope at 6db will protect the driver under 1.5khz and tame those peaks.

Hell yeah! You get those from Lee? I am jealous :(

Edouble101 is right, I have a word document of info I been collecting over the years from the old ID forum and the HLCD subsection on Diyma forum. Or you could visit the Diyma forum and read a few threads where Eric Stevens himself gives tuning tips if you don't have good processing at the moment. Also check out Scottish Bear on youtube, he has videos with great info in horns as well.

On the other hand man they look great, I bet they are impressive.

Yeah I will miss them. Gonna tame the truck down a lot so they were no longer needed.

Those horns sound amazing once mounted right and EQ'd correctly. I had them crossed at 1.25k with a 18db slope, really EQ'd down between 2-4k then ramped back up quickly. tamed down that peakiness and I loved them. ow why the FK did I sell these again? Lol

Enjoy them bro!

An easy way to tame those minis is to set your high pass filter at 7000hz with a shallow 6db slope. This will almost eliminate the need for eq. Can you do that with the equipment you have? 

Thanks for the tips Eric! I really appreciate it man.

....a 7khz slope might sound high put remember these are hlcd's and once mounted in a car they peak high around 2-5khz. A 7khz slope at 6db will protect the driver under 1.5khz and tame those peaks.

I cannot currently. I have the stock 8 band eq out of the headunit, thats pretty much it. I may be forced to install the Arc Audio 7 or 8 band eq that I have. But that would be the extense of what I have currently available.

Hell yeah! You get those from Lee? I am jealous sad.png

haha yup :)

Edouble101 is right, I have a word document of info I been collecting over the years from the old ID forum and the HLCD subsection on Diyma forum. Or you could visit the Diyma forum and read a few threads where Eric Stevens himself gives tuning tips if you don't have good processing at the moment. Also check out Scottish Bear on youtube, he has videos with great info in horns as well.

On the other hand man they look great, I bet they are impressive.

wow, thanks for the resources Jay, I will for sure check these out! Thanks again bud :)

Yeah I will miss them. Gonna tame the truck down a lot so they were no longer needed.

Those horns sound amazing once mounted right and EQ'd correctly. I had them crossed at 1.25k with a 18db slope, really EQ'd down between 2-4k then ramped back up quickly. tamed down that peakiness and I loved them. ow why the FK did I sell these again? Lol

Enjoy them bro!

haha thanks Lee, these DO sound amazing. They don't sound at the floor at all in my installation, crazy. He doesn't sound at head level height either though. Its kind of just, in front of you, but not in one location. Like, you can't try and listen to where the sound is coming from, its really imerssive.

Sweet remember about reversing the phase on the mids to raise stage height if needed. Helped mine magically

I'm really wanting to try these out now lol.

Looks good cheezy 

Sweet remember about reversing the phase on the mids to raise stage height if needed. Helped mine magically

My bad Swift, meant to bump this up (small ass phone screen FTL). Yeah reversing mids helps out a lot and when I get to a computer I'll list some EQ points for ya.

Nice work.

I've been looking for them for a while now.... I might try a different route... but looks sweet Sen!! Fix the fcking LED strip though, don't be lazy!!!! 

Oh I know! That was crazy lol. But sadly, my pioneer does not allow that control :( I really need to hurry and grab a better equiped EQ. This one is great for all the fancy dancy stuff, but now that I've "matured" in this hobby, I now need better control and functionality vs wow factor. Ughhh I'm getting old.

I'm really wanting to try these out now lol.

Looks good cheezy 

haha You should Kyle! I would HIGHLY recommend these to anybody, seriously. Sound sooo much better vs 4 super tweets and gets louder, sounds cleaner, crisp, and sharp! And, you only need to be 2 songs in before your ears start ringing lol. The best part.

My bad Swift, meant to bump this up (small ass phone screen FTL). Yeah reversing mids helps out a lot and when I get to a computer I'll list some EQ points for ya.

Thanks a lot for the EQ tips Jay, I really appreciate it man and it helped out a lot.

Nice work.

Thanks you sir :)

I've been looking for them for a while now.... I might try a different route... but looks sweet Sen!! Fix the fcking LED strip though, don't be lazy!!!! 

Thanks shogen! :P

Oh and I know man.. I want to clean up the wiring before I move on any further with the whole lighting situation lol.

So, I'm pretty sure my d3100 finally took a shit on me. Last year in Indy, my alt died, and I ended up driving on that ONE d3100 for 60 miles while running around troubleshooting my electrical problems during that time. I've notice a big difference in voltage for about a week now. I haven't checked the voltage of it independetly yet, but I've come to this conclusion because while troubshooting my current electrical problems, I noticed that when I seperated my 2nd battery, the deca in the rear cargo area, that my interior lights would dim immediately and noticably, and my stinger volt meter flashed like, 9.4 volts or something like that and wouldn't even power on, just showed "LoV" or something like that. So anyway, lol, I grabed some Platinum batteries from Swift's build, one for under the hood, and one for the rear, see pics below. I think I may have room to slide one more under there. I hate adding more batteries, when I already have 6, but I just don't have the money for the alt bracket right now.

IMAG0148_zps0cae6c27.jpg

IMAG0149_zps0233f00d.jpg

Damn I knew this explorer looked familiar. I am the truck that was parked next to you on the left at sbn this year. The maroon hyper led gmc Sierra with the 4 psi 18's walled. Wish I could have heard it!!

The deka died?

Lee's Diehard Platinum's FTW!

Damn I knew this explorer looked familiar. I am the truck that was parked next to you on the left at sbn this year. The maroon hyper led gmc Sierra with the 4 psi 18's walled. Wish I could have heard it!!

haha small world!! Yeah man, I never got to hear yours either :(

The deka died?

Lee's Diehard Platinum's FTW!

No, the d3100 under the hood did though.

That sucks man. 

Those diehard plats are probably the next best thing. 

That sucks man. 

Those diehard plats are probably the next best thing. 

I took it to autozone, its resting at 13.1 after four hours on a 6amp charger, but I'm thinking its not gonna hold. If it does, I will put it in the back.

Besides that man, my voltage is SO much better haha. Big difference in Voltage.