CrazyKenKid

2-12inch SA12D4 and a SAZ1000

So I finally got around to helping my little brother install his little system lol! I must say it looks and pounds very nicely!

The box was designed by Ram Designs, http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/user/17102-ram-designs/

kpaleshhotmailcom-E.png

kpaleshhotmailcom-B.png

The assembled box!

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

then we installed the subs and wired it all down to 1ohm load! since they are d4 subs! Yes I know that isn't the best place to put an amp but it is all we have to work with in the trunk area!

IMAG0262.jpg

as you can see the trunk is quite full now!

IMAG0263.jpg

The car now sits a bit lower in the ass end! lol and yes the drums are painted orange!

IMAG0265.jpg

here are a few other customization my little brother did while he was waiting for me to help him with the install!

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

Please note in this picture all the extra space he has when the seats are totally down! I think the next step is a wall in this car but I don't know we will wait and see!

IMAG0268.jpg

hard to see but the glove box door is painted black

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg

and if any of you remember this is the car that I had an accident with!

IMAG0182-1.jpg

all better now!

IMAG0186.jpg

If anyone knows what the interior used to look like in this car well think of it like this! all the orange used to be washed out grey! I think he did a great job and this was his second box he has built so I see a great improvement!

at any rate the specs on the box are 4ft^3 tuned to 33hz. The overall dimensions are 38" wide x 14" tall x 22" deep with an 18"x3" port

Let me know what you guys think and how you like it! I my self was very surprised with how it turned out and how low it gets! and hell everything shakes now lol! I think he is very impressed! O and there is a voltmeter in his car also curtious of shizzzon. It hasn't been permanently mounted yet but soon it will be!

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/user/2377-shizzzon/

IMAG0270.jpg

Nice build. :drink40:

very very clean!!!

Nice job for a DIY'er. It does however irk the piss out of me when people runs their wires through the port. Besides that, clean job.

Nice job for a DIY'er. It does however irk the piss out of me when people runs their wires through the port. Besides that, clean job.

You could get wire slap doing that.

You could get wire slap doing that.

ya running the wires in the port wasn't my first pick, but let me tell you why we ended up doing it that way! lol!

it was late at night

he (my brother ) was very impatient and didn't want to wait

we didn't have any threaded rod, or screws/wing nuts kicking around

and I didn't want to let it go for another day!

so with all those factors we just went though the port and said screw it!

Why is everyone against just drilling a small hole into the side of the box? Lol

Why is everyone against just drilling a small hole into the side of the box? Lol

properly sealing that hole? I know that's why I didn't do it...

That's what I do, just drill a hole barely big enough to fit the wire, and then seal it up.

That's what I do, just drill a hole barely big enough to fit the wire, and then seal it up.

mee too.

great build guys. video?

Agreed.

If you can properly seal a box up when building then I'm sure you should be able to properly seal a hole with wire running through it.

If you can properly seal a box up when building then I'm sure you should be able to properly seal a hole with wire running through it.

Difference is with sealing a box there is compression with wood to nail or using a clamp.

Putting wires through an enclosure and sealing it to withstand that subwoofer pressure? I'm not sure how.

Great build, short and sweat, that box really looks nice.

Hot glue never failed in several hundred that I've built.

Seriously???LOL. Didn't think it could take that pressure without buckling. :-*

Seriously???LOL. Didn't think it could take that pressure without buckling. :-*

Hot glue.

Black silicon is what we use for EVERYTHING. Lol

hey guys thanks for the comments and the insight! the next box I build might consist of holes and hot glue/ black silicon!

Don't ever use silicon in a box. Caulk is ok but not silicon. It uses the same chemical compound used in foam surrounds. The fumes that it expels can cause surrounds to deteriate. Kinda like mixing paint thinner with paint, they both use the same base so it breaks down the paint.

Don't ever use silicon in a box. Caulk is ok but not silicon. It uses the same chemical compound used in foam surrounds. The fumes that it expels can cause surrounds to deteriate. Kinda like mixing paint thinner with paint, they both use the same base so it breaks down the paint.

and by silicon I mean caulk

naw I have never used silicon before in a box, it is caulk all the way. Although I never knew that about silicon! good tip I will keep that in mind! thanks!

is there anything better then caulk to use though?

wow I learn something new every day and just think this lesson all started because I was lazy!

Plus one for you Audibel Customs

I don't normally use caulk on the inside of my box's as home depot normally make pretty square cuts as it is so I don't have anything to worry about but from time to time they do screw me on a few pieces and when they do it is more times then not by 1/4 (0.250) so I can see the gap right away as I am making the box, this normally leads me to my skill saw and a pencil lol! but some times and depending on who it is for I just caulk it or glass it if i have to.

hey what are your thoughts on fiberglass on the inside of a box? I did this on my last box and I don't know I just did it to improve air flow (just the resin no matte)

Any resin that you will find retail will not help airflow b/c 99% of all resins have a wax additive to make it easier to sand. The wax will make for more surface tension than the mdf unless of course you sand the piss out of it.

As for doing it for strength, resin will decrease the tensil strength of MDF because it causes the fibers to swell and separate before the resin cures.