onebadmonte

When a pair of Double Deez just isn't enough O_o

:edit:

ill just stay kind.

:edit:

ill just stay kind.

It is always good to express your feelings. :ehh:

The DDZ is a woofer I would NEVER choose for a true sound quality installation, stop saying it sounds good, to your ears it may, but there are MUCH better choices.

The DDZ is a woofer I would NEVER choose for a true sound quality installation, stop saying it sounds good, to your ears it may, but there are MUCH better choices.

I would say there are much better choices for the price. However, to say it does not sound good or can not is not true.

While I worked in that building there was tons of testing going on. Some of which would surprise just about everyone on the results. They never release the tests most of the time and we are all bound by contract to not divulge any information with out their approval(which of course you never will get).

The Z can and will do great in an install where you want a good SQ(ish) sound at very high volumes. SQ is subjective so that conversation/debate will go on forever on what is or is not SQ.

I have been judging SQ for years and I have my own views on it.

While this discussion is interesting, it holds true with just all subwoofers. The enclosure makes a huge difference in performance and sound. In most cases when a sub stage sound horrible it is because some one did not take the time to design/build to make it sound as they wanted. If you built it to just be loud..then SQ(how ever subjective it is) becomes a back burner though.

Edited by pro-rabbit

I agree with you 110% my friend.

Were talking about SMD vs Z. So you'd pick an SMD in an SQ setup?

Were talking about SMD vs Z. So you'd pick an SMD in an SQ setup?

In a Sound Quality alignment? Hell yes I would.

I'm confused. Where are the titties?

:+1:

Why does everyone have to turn everything into a bashing contest? :suicide-santa:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them. :)

I don't get it, who said anything about titties? :peepwall:

Why does everyone have to turn everything into a bashing contest? :suicide-santa:

No bashing, just a lively discussion. :P Stay tuned as I use words like "really loud", "wanging mofo", and "totally awesome" in describing my thoughts on this woofers performance. :suicide-santa:

I don't get it, who said anything about titties? :peepwall:

No bashing, just a lively discussion. :P Stay tuned as I use words like "really loud", "wanging mofo", and "totally awesome" in describing my thoughts on this woofers performance. :suicide-santa:

Hahaha. Oh I'm tuned in. :lol:

Stay tuned as I use words like "really loud", "wanging mofo", and "totally awesome" in describing my thoughts on this woofers performance. :suicide-santa:

I dont think there could be a better way lol. :fing34:

hugo knows what hes doing.. im sure there is a VERY good reason why he chose these subs out of all the others. i assure you .

hugo knows what hes doing.. im sure there is a VERY good reason why he chose these subs out of all the others. i assure you .

Ha, ha, thanks bro, but I get the feeling you say that about all the kids you see running around with matches and a gas can. :P

Seriously, thanks. :drink40: