Sign in to follow this  
SPL_Man

What is the recommended cuft for a sealed 15" Flatlyne ?

hi

I wud like to buy a 15" IA Flatlyne for daily sq use but i notice there isnt any IA Recommended Enclosure Sizing for it on their website or on here - can nick or anybody at IA or here give a recommendation for a very flat sealed response ?

i need to know before i order it

space & amount of amp power is not an issue , those will be dealt with accordingly afterwards

thanks guys

Same as the lethal injections.

It was answered ten minutes after you posted.

Sorry I thought it was already answered too....follow the same box recommendations for the LI series

well i couldnt just take the very 1st response & run with that - i needed a few more responses to confirm so i cud make a better informed decision : thanks guys

sort of strange how yall say the LI & FL box specs wud be similar seeing that their motors are completely different & 1 is rated 600wrms while the other is 750wrms :ughdunno:

if anybody still want to chime in ur welcome to do so

Edited by SPL_Man

Just model for Qtc around .8-.9 if you don't want to go by everyone's info.

I have had personal experience with the flatlynes. Follow IAs recommendation and you will not be disappointed.

well i couldnt just take the very 1st response & run with that - i needed a few more responses to confirm so i cud make a better informed decision : thanks guys

sort of strange how yall say the LI & FL box specs wud be similar seeing that their motors are completely different & 1 is rated 600wrms while the other is 750wrms :ughdunno:

Considering IA2 is an IA worker, I'd think he'd know what he was talking about :P

Most all of ours subs use very similar box recommendations, and it didn't happen by accident....lol. and yes I am the guy that builds these things by hand, so I promise you can trust my recommendation :) you won't be disappointed

ok cool , didnt know u were associated with IA

what is the biggest sealed in ur experience would u recommend for it though ?

ok cool , didnt know u were associated with IA

what is the biggest sealed in ur experience would u recommend for it though ?

Well our largest recommended size is 1.4 cu ft sealed. How much power do you plan on running?

I am sorry I gave you 12" box size...wooops! If you are going to be using 50% more than rated arms power, I would recommend building your box around 1.5 cu ft.

Hey IA2, I got a similar question. Do you think a 2.7 cuft sealed box is way to big for a Lethal 15" with a Crossfire VR401(500wrms)?

well i couldnt just take the very 1st response & run with that - i needed a few more responses to confirm so i could make a better informed decision : thanks guys

sort of strange how ya'll say the LI & FL box specs would be similar seeing that their motors are completely different & 1 is rated 600wrms while the other is 750wrms :ughdunno:

if anybody still wants to chime in your welcome to do so

^^ contributing to the actual topic would have been more beneficial instead of correcting my short-hand internet lingo

Hey IA2, I got a similar question. Do you think a 2.7 cuft sealed box is way to big for a Lethal 15" with a Crossfire VR401(500wrms)?

I would shrink that box down a little if you can. 2 cubes is the Max sealed recommended box size for the li 15. With that being said , since you only have 500 rms, its not going to hurt if the box is slightly bigger than recommended size.....just reduce it by half a cube or so and it will be fine.

I would shrink that box down a little if you can. 2 cubes is the Max sealed recommended box size for the li 15. With that being said , since you only have 500 rms, its not going to hurt if the box is slightly bigger than recommended size.....just reduce it by half a cube or so and it will be fine.

Thanks man!!