Sign in to follow this  
Freshh

Bass Stops

I tried to find other threads that might have helped, but didn't stumble upon any.. (maybe I didn't search the right keywords). But either way, my problem is that my sub will just randomly stop playing, and then start again. Here's my list of equipment -

btl d2

sundown 1500d v.2 @ 1 ohm

all knu wiring including big 3

alpine hu

The first thing I did was check to see if it was the amp going into protection mode, and it's not. The blue power light stays on the whole time, even when it's not playing.

The second thing I did was check to make sure all speaker wires were still connected/not lose, and they were all snug as a bug.

I'm pretty damn sure my ground is good, as the stereo has been playing for 2-3 months now with no problem,

Does anybody have any trouble shooting ideas? Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help.

sounds like rca issue.

If this happens extremely frequent, then connect a phone or mp3 player directly into amp and play and see if it does it with that device.

If it never does, then either your rca cables, rca input stage on amp or headunit preouts are damaged.

also other things that can cause it-

IS your cd skipping?

Does your headunit have Bluetooth enabled?

Is your REMOTE LINE connected good at amp and at headunit?

I didn't install my HU or my amp rca's / remote wire. :/

My cd isn't skipping bc I was using my ipod through the dash connected to my HU.

No my bluetooth isn't enabled.. Let me check the rca's/remote wire on the amp.. brb.

if both come back fine, put a cd in and play forever until u think the cd playback is fine.

Sometimes, my ipod would crash on certain formatted songs or in ur case, it may be glitching based on how the mp3 is formatted...

Or possibly the link cable (i hope not) is damaged.

Just some more possibilities.

Well, I'm like 90% sure it's something to do with the speaker wire coming from my amp to the box to the sub. Right when I moved my box it turned back on, so I shifted it back to it's original spot and it turned back off.

For my terminal I'm just using like 1/4 inch thick steel bolts, was that a bad idea?

Thanks Shizzz!

Edited by Freshh

me personally never use bolts because it adds resistance...

But because you are.. did u glue or threadlock the nuts inside the box? Locknuts are not strong enough(at least in my builds) to hold on inside enclosure by itself.

Possible u just barely have a connection in there.

No I can move the bolt back and forth in and out of the box, but on the inside I have butterfly (something)? I think is what they're called, it basically just twists onto the bolt. But it makes sense that that's where it's bad. I'm sure I'll get it figured out. Thanks Shizzzonnnnnn! :D

Should I just feed the speaker wire through the port and connect it that way, so I have the least resistance?

Edited by Freshh

through the port would be great.

Typically, if i don't do that, i feed directly through a wall and silicone the hell out of it.

Alright good deal! Thanks again man.

through the port would be great.

Typically, if i don't do that, i feed directly through a wall and silicone the hell out of it.

This is how I feed my speaker wire... Just drill a hole in the box for each wire. Then silicone it up after u ran the wires

the first thing that comes to my mind is that voltage drops too low and the amp in its turn turns of and seconds later turns back on again because voltage has risen and so on and so on ..........

Not on these amps because they start up in protect mode first to prevent turn on pop.

So if that were happening, it would cycle in and out of protect

All is fixed! :D

Sometimes it's the obvious things. :Doh: I took the sub out again, and reran it all straight from the amp so the speaker wire went through the port, and then I turned it on to make sure all was good and it didn't work!!

Then I looked at the amp and the negative bolt/screw on the amp somehow rattled loose so there were mini sparks going off!! Needless to say I got it all fixed up, thanks guys!

Edited by Freshh

I tried to find other threads that might have helped, but didn't stumble upon any.. (maybe I didn't search the right keywords). But either way, my problem is that my sub will just randomly stop playing, and then start again. Here's my list of equipment -

btl d2

alpine hu

The first thing I did was check to see if it was the amp going into protection mode, and it's not. The blue power light stays on the whole time, even when it's not playing.

The second thing I did was check to make sure all speaker wires were still connected/not lose, and they were all snug as a bug.

I'm pretty damn sure my ground is good, as the stereo has been playing for 2-3 months now with no problem,

Does anybody have any trouble shooting ideas? Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help.

It could be you HU, rca cables or power. I didn't see you list any source of power such as batts and alts. With that setup you would need xtra power thats probalky why it keeps cutting off, its drawing more voltage than you car has at this moment. U need more than Big III for that system! :morepower1:

btl d2

alpine hu

It could be you HU, rca cables or power. I didn't see you list any source of power such as batts and alts. With that setup you would need xtra power thats probalky why it keeps cutting off, its drawing more voltage than you car has at this moment. U need more than Big III for that system! :morepower1:

If u read the post above urs u would see he fixed the prob lol

btl d2

alpine hu

Actually for just having the big 3 and stock alt/battery my voltage does pretty well. It'll drop to ~11 if I have it at full blast at a complete stop, but while driving on the highway at 2.5k rpm I stay in the mid-upper 13's.

Thanks though!