lamchop_8

Hows' ADASSA Audio?

I got an Email from this guy awhile ago named John from adassa audio promoting the Kevlar subwoofer. It seems to be built extremely well and its a daily driver and it says it takes 6 k! I talked to him about it and he said it takes 6k extremely well. And the spces seem very good. What do you guys think about this woofer?

http://www.adassaaudio.co.uk/Kevlar15SubwoooferPage.html :ughdunno:

Here's some more stuff on them (Research)

"We at Adassa Audio are always working on new product like the new Adassa subs ADA-KEV-15.1 and ADA-KEV-12.1 it has a 200oz and 440oz its a dual 1, dual 2 its has a 3" voice coil and 6 spiders on the 15 and 4 spiders on the 12”

CCAW Flat wire Voice Coil and 100% Kevlar cone and a Heavy duty rubber border. This sub comes in a 12" and 15" more info to come soon"

15.jpg

Edited by Randy.D

How much is he asking for?

How much is he asking for?

There's only 12's & 15's. I asked for 15's. He said 335.00 Dual 1ohm & 275.00 Dual 2 ohm. Very very very very reasonable. But I wonder how much the shipping is. Their in U.K. What do you think about them??

Here's the owner of the company posting on c a, asking:

Hi guys who els dose 100% Kevlar cone apart form DD? and is Kevlar subs louder

The thread is titled "who els dose 100% Kevlar cone" if you want to search for it.

He also asks:

what is CF/Kevlar? so a 100% Kevlar cone is good then

The above was posted on 12-16-2007.

On 12-09-2007 he posted on termpro, http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/8/26583.html, showing off their new driver with kevlar cones.

He doesn't sound very knowledgeable considering he's asking about a cone material that they already released for production, not to mention he's asking advice on the cone material on an public forum.

I didn't know they existed anymore. Snoopdan ran them for a while..... then that was the last I heard of them.

I have nothing nice to say, but I will say, China and "daily" woofers with farting fs. So many better options for that money.

I didn't know they existed anymore.

x2...

I haven't heard anything about Adassa in quite some time.

I have nothing nice to say, but I will say, China and "daily" woofers with farting fs. So many better options for that money.

Fs of 40hz!

I'm curious as to know why there is a 65$ price difference between the D1 and the D2 model.

I'm curious as to know why there is a 65$ price difference between the D1 and the D2 model.

I'm wondering the same.

:Doh: Just another reason to buy SSA.

I'm wondering the same.

Well, let's see. Given the chinese driver, they're paying maybe $40-50 for the driver, then add in shipping to bring it over here and packaging, being extremely generous they are at, let's say $100 per driver. One driver costs $2 more than the other, so you multiply by whatever arbitrary number they use and when it's all said and done, that $2 turns into $65.

One thing you guys are all overlooking, their packaging really sets them apart:

adassa9.jpg

Some child had to make those as well assembling the driver.

:rofl2:

Yay china!

Are we getting a geography lesson today?

adassa9.jpg

Yes, but that will add DB's!

Are we getting a geography lesson today?

No, economics. The geography part just comes along with it.

adassa9.jpg

At least they use a (semi) renewable material. Well, that's assuming that's real bamboo. It's probably foam with a vinyl sticker veneer.

adassa9.jpg

At least they use a (semi) renewable material. Well, that's assuming that's real bamboo. It's probably foam with a vinyl sticker veneer.

Pop and sizzle factor.

Fs of 40hz!

I kno man, thats loud as hell! I talked to the guy. He said they take 6k extremely well & people in Italy are very impressed with them. They look beefy though, I'm lovin the quad stacked magnets! I seen some pics on this sub yesterday on a forum found by "Google" and he had 1 15" kevlar in a small spl box 2-3cubes. And it hit a amazing 151db+! That may not seem that much 2 you guys but that was a single sub + it the setup was in the trunk of a car.

15.jpg

adassa9.jpg

Exactly. I wish there was vids on these!

Me 2 I could ask him about it. They must get loud with a fs of 40hz. I just wonder will they still hit lows good like 28hz.-below

Here's the owner of the company posting on c a, asking:

Hi guys who els dose 100% Kevlar cone apart form DD? and is Kevlar subs louder

The thread is titled "who els dose 100% Kevlar cone" if you want to search for it.

He also asks:

what is CF/Kevlar? so a 100% Kevlar cone is good then

The above was posted on 12-16-2007.

On 12-09-2007 he posted on termpro, http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/8/26583.html, showing off their new driver with kevlar cones.

He doesn't sound very knowledgeable considering he's asking about a cone material that they already released for production, not to mention he's asking advice on the cone material on an public forum.

Do you know if this is John from Adassa?