jorscrivens

Car Audio Condensating

Ok guys, I did a little searching of old threads and didn't find what I was looking for. My problem is: My amp (IA 40.1 ) Batteries (big ass diesel truck batteries) and strangely my sub (IA 21 DP) are condensating! I live in Michigan, so I'm assuming this isn't entirely uncommon, but there isn't a lot of info on how destructive it is to your equipment. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The temps here change alot. I they are sealed batteries I dont think it would be a problem.

they have condensation on them?

Park a car in a heated garage. everything cold on it forms condensation.

You shouldnt have alot of condensation in your vehicles interior. I also live in Michigan and I do not have this problem. I also am very picky and keep my vehicles extremely clean.

Ok guys, I did a little searching of old threads and didn't find what I was looking for. My problem is: My amp (IA 40.1 ) Batteries (big ass diesel truck batteries) and strangely my sub (IA 21 DP) are condensating! I live in Michigan, so I'm assuming this isn't entirely uncommon, but there isn't a lot of info on how destructive it is to your equipment. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to MI. not much you can do. :ughdunno:

Condensation can be an issue if your vehicle has a water leak and the carpet is holding moisture. Condensation is normally seen on the windows. Kinda strange to see it only on audio equipment.

Condensation can be an issue if your vehicle has a water leak and the carpet is holding moisture. Condensation is normally seen on the windows. Kinda strange to see it only on audio equipment.

Come to michigan. Its 15 teen in the morning 40 during the day will cause condensation. always has and always will. :eek5wavey:

I will say it again. Condensation is not normal even in Michigan. Your car is holding in moisture that it is designed to get rid of.

I will say it again. Condensation is not normal even in Michigan. Your car is holding in moisture that it is designed to get rid of.

Nope you are wrong with the temp changes we are having.

You say I am wrong but how come I have no condensation in my car? Or on any of my electronics?

You say I am wrong but how come I have no condensation in my car? Or on any of my electronics?

Because you dont observe good enoungh. Pull your car into the warm shop bay water will condense on anything cold.

Grab a cold soda out of the fridge and set it on the table and tell me water wont condense on it.

That's an extreme case. Condensation in a car will be caused by heavy moisture build up. It is not common for equipment to have "water" on it.

As for the original question the less snow from your feet getting inside the vehicle will help. But in MI it is almost impossible.

That's an extreme case. Condensation in a car will be caused by heavy moisture build up. It is not common for equipment to have "water" on it.

Then go be a auto mechanic for ten years.

Snow from your boots. :ughdunno:

water is bad,,but its normal in michigan.

Condensating on the windows is normal if you park outsides. This is on the outside of the vehicle. Condensating inside the car means you have moisture build up. Wet carpet, doors not draining correctly, leaking door gaskets, etc. could be the problem. I would do what you can to fix this problem asap. I know it has snowed a lot here recently. Make sure to knock off the snow on your boots as much as you can.

I have this problem big time, but I unfortunately caused it myself. My truck is sealed completely, and I mean air tight. When it rains and I got to my truck, no condensation on the inside. But when it rains and I get into my truck with my wet boots on, and close the door when I leave, I always come back to massive amounts of condensation in the truck on everything. I tested my theory a couple of times, with a cooking pan and water sat on my floor mat below the drivers seat.

It's amazing how "sealed" we can get our vehicles with some type of audio sound deadener. There are so many large open holes that allow the moisture out, but in order to achieve higher numbers and quality, we inadvertently close up the only ways moisture has to escape the interiors of our vehicles. Just don't fart.

icon_roflmao.gif

Some water is going to condense. He wants to know if it hurts anything. Thats the original question.

Some water is going to condense. He wants to know if it hurts anything. Thats the original question.

I have already stated its not a good thing.

Prolonged moisture exposure for anything is bad. It can cause mold and bacteria. Water and electronics don't mix well together.

When has moisture ever been good for circuits?

When has moisture ever been good for circuits?

Can it be prevented in cold climates?