rkrajnov

I am beginning to get frustrated with Fi

Alright, so months ago I blew my subwoofer. It was still under Fi's one year warranty though so finally, on December 2nd, I sent it in for warranty repairs (with all proper contact information and everything filled out). I contacted Fi shortly after this inquiring how long it might take for them to get the subwoofer back to me. However, this question was not even answered and I simply received back something along the lines of them saying they were very busy and had not even had a chance to look at warranty items (which was understandable considering my sub should have just arrived there maybe a few days before this and since it was right before Christmas).

Now here's where my frustration begins. Since then, I have e-mailed them twice again to find out the status of my subwoofer, once shortly after Christmas and once maybe 5 days ago. I have heard no response to either e-mail and no contact has been made about my subwoofer. I sent it in a month and a half ago now and I figure the least they could do is call me and let me know what's going on and about how long it will be till I see it again. I was trying to be patient, but I think at this point I have the right to be somewhat frustrated. I love the subwoofer, but I am not too pleased with their customer service quality. Not really sure what I should do since they don't have an evident phone number to call and contact them. Anyone else have a situation like this with Fi?

Maybe Nick will see this and help you.

Every company has issues like these. It's how they handle it which will determine whether you are satisfied or not. I'm sure Nick will take care of you shortly here. Chances are though, if you truly did blow it, it won't be covered by warranty as warranty does not cover abuse.

Every company has issues like these. It's how they handle it which will determine whether you are satisfied or not. I'm sure Nick will take care of you shortly here. Chances are though, if you truly did blow it, it won't be covered by warranty as warranty does not cover abuse.

I was thinking the same thing, the warranty only covers manufacturing errors.

When I thought my BL was messed up when I first got it, I sent it in and maybe 1-2 weeks later I got a call from Nick and he told me what happened and we got shipping set up

Alright, so months ago I blew my subwoofer.

Doesn't sound like a warranty claim to me.

Warranties cover defects in manufacturing or craftsmanship, not user error.

You sent it in during the busiest time of the year, they will get back to you, just give them a few more days.

My Q took 2 months to get to me.. Its worth the wait

If Fi was a pre made buildhouse they woul've had you taken care of quick.. Quality takes time.

Fi is a good company im sure they will help you soon

i know they only do re cones 1 day a week... so it arived to them shortly before Xmas.. their are others inline.. then the next week fell new years, then perhaps the next build day there were still a few infront of you .. then CES.. perhaps its on the table now ....

and phone number wise... why?

you can email nick@fiaudio.com and he is very quick to reply..

not to beat a dead horse ......but

lastly... you stated that you blew your sub.... not that the motor was shifted or something defective like that. NO warranty covers user "blowing" their

subs

Not sure if I missed what sub he has but I think the btl series has no warranty at all besides if it was broken upon receiving.

SPEAKER SYSTEMS LIMITED WARRANTY

Fi Car Audio warrants this product* to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of 1 year from date of original purchase with receipt. In all cases you must have the original receipt! Should service be necessary under this warranty for any reason due to manufacturing defect or malfunction during the warranty period, Fi Car Audio will repair (at its discretion) the defective merchandise at no charge.

This warranty is valid only for the ORIGINAL PURCHASER and is not extended to owners of the product subsequent to the original purchaser. Any applicable implied warranties are limited in duration to a period of the express warranty as provided herein beginning with the date of the original purchase at retail, and no warranties, whether express or implied, shall apply to this product thereafter. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties; therefore these exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights; however you may have other rights that vary from state to state.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU NEED WARRANTY OR SERVICE

KEEP ALL PACKAGING MATERIALS. Speakers not returned in their original packaging will be charged a repackaging fee when they are repaired and returned.

Defective merchandise should be returned to Fi Car Audio for warranty. Please contact the sales department at sales@FiCarAudio.com for a Return Authorization (RMA) number. Package all defective items in the original container or in a package that will prevent shipping damage. Failure to return the merchandise in its original packaging will result in a new packaging/handling charge being processed at the time the product is shipped back to you. The RMA number must be clearly marked on the outside of the package. Freight must be prepaid; items sent freight collect, or COD, will be refused. If the product sent for warranty service is found defective under our warranty policy, we will return the product freight prepaid to you. If the product is not covered under warranty, you will be notified of the repair and shipping costs and said costs must be paid before any service is made on the product.

Failure to follow these steps may void your warranty. Any questions can be directed to the sales department.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED?

This warranty is valid only if the product is used for the purpose for which it was designed. *DUE TO THE EXTREME NATURE OF ITS INTENDED USAGE, THE BTL SERIES OF SUBWOOFERS HAS NO WARRANTY COVERAGE (outside of arriving in proper working condition after shipping)

It does not cover:

Damage due to improper installation.

Subsequent damage to other components.

Damage caused by exposure to moisture, excessive heat, chemical cleaners, and/or UV radiation.

Damage through negligence, misuse, accident or abuse. Repeated returns for the same damage will be considered abuse.

Any cost or expense related to the removal or reinstallation of product.

Speakers damaged due to amplifier clipping or distortion.

Burnt or open voice coils.

Ripped, torn, or burnt spiders, lead wire, cones, or surrounds.

Items previously repaired or modified by any unauthorized repair facility.

Return shipping on non-defective items.

Products returned without a Return Authorization (RMA) number.

Freight Damage.

The cost of shipping products to FI Car Audio.

Service performed by anyone other than Fi Car Audio or an affiliated repair facility.

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?

Fi Car Audio strives to diagnose and repair products as quickly as possible. Normal turn around time for repairs is 5-7 business days.

WARNING!

Fi Car Audio products are capable of producing sound levels that can permanently damage your hearing! Turning up a system to a level that has audible distortion is more damaging to your ears than listening to an undistorted system at the same volume level. The threshold of pain is always an indicator that the sound level is too loud and may permanently damage your hearing. Please use common sense when controlling volume!

Well he has clearly already worked something out with FI since he said he has already talked to them and they took it. Defiantly seems like a user error situation. I've met a lot of people that think there amp does it's rated power at full tilt on the gain lol.

got to be patient with Fi !:ughdunno:

If you knew how long I had to wait for my subs (twice, 2 separate orders),...

Get ready to pay for the repair : no warranty on blew subs ! Sorry !!

:peepwall:

:popcorn:

Email me your name and all of your information to Nick " at " ficaraudio.com and I will look and find out today.

There are a few people that we have to call to go over things because the tinsel leads were burnt up and go over their installs. I am sure that you were in that stack of people that we simply have not had time yet to call due to this being the busiest time of year through December and with CES being last week.

Relax, you're in good hands. Sometimes it takes us longer to do things than projected.

Email me your name and all of your information to Nick " at " ficaraudio.com and I will look and find out today.

There are a few people that we have to call to go over things because the tinsel leads were burnt up and go over their installs. I am sure that you were in that stack of people that we simply have not had time yet to call due to this being the busiest time of year through December and with CES being last week.

Relax, you're in good hands. Sometimes it takes us longer to do things than projected.

Alright fair enough. I'm not trying to sound like an ass or anything, I just wasn't sure what was going on with my sub since I had never been contacted or anything. I will send that e-mail out now though.

People are so impatient these days.

these are custom built subs it takes awhile be pateint.

There are only 3ish people building woofers, new orders take priority.

Is it really true they only recone stuff one day out of the week..?!?!!

W T F!

you guys picture some big china factory... its not like that...

how would you do things?

im sure its the best way.... so your hard parts dont mixed up with new hard parts. and what not.

its a small company. that does big things,.

W T F!

how would you do things?

im sure its the best way.... so your hard parts dont mixed up with new hard parts. and what not.

I personally would hire more help. With enough practice, anyone can recone a sub.

W T F!

how would you do things?

I personally would hire more help. With enough practice, anyone can recone a sub.

Then people would complain about the prices going up to pay for the extra manpower.

W T F!

how would you do things?

NOOOOO!! i know its a small operation... But having only one day for recones is just horse shiit. I have and still own a Fi product... Just hearing this, if my sub did fry i would NOT send it in for a recone. Why...?? My luck it would take 4 + weeks to get it done!

I would more likely just buy a new sub...ELSE WHERE! :-)