Lem43606

4th order design for 2 N2 18s

21 total cubes 7 sealed 14 ported tuned to 45 hrtz sealed side will be built into my trunk. discuss.... ready go!

btl18sxray2.png

btl18sxray.png

btl18s.png

Personally I would not do it this way as sometimes it's better to keep the box simple

What's the goal with this design ?

i still say we change it up a bit. put it up to about a 2.25:1 ported:sealed. a little more output even thought bandwidth will go down a bit. drop that sealed chamber just a tad and tune it a little lower

we all know lem looooveeessss them loooooowwwwwsssssss lol

fyi, i just got danells design done too!

Look challenging for sure if thats your goal, GL with build. Who will be ther person responsible for piecing this together? Because from my understanding, this design really need to be on point, meaning no mess ups or no trying to get away with any flaws.

The box is actually pretty simple. Everything is well boxy. No curves at all or bends and ill be the one putting it together. With help from kremer im sure, but hey if you never challenge yourself you'll never get better at what you do.

What kind of car will this be going into?

And you didn't answer the question of what your goals were with this enclosure..

And you didn't answer the question of what your goals were with this enclosure..

Oh 99 olds cutlass. And my goals? Well I've already done over a 150call with last build I build to listen musically and I want to murder the low notes.. as long as I can play down to 25hrtz and move nasty amount of air ill be happy but reason for doing a 4th I don't want it to be too peaky

Oh 99 olds cutlass. And my goals? Well I've already done over a 150call with last build I build to listen musically and I want to murder the low notes.. as long as I can play down to 25hrtz and move nasty amount of air ill be happy but reason for doing a 4th I don't want it to be too peaky

Build a proper ported wall and it will get nasty low with no real peak.

there is just something with the opening of that sealed chamber that is going to restrict the performance of these 18s...

Sometimes when i design walls, I have to alter where the port will be at because even though the internal wall volume is still the same, the path at which it takes to reach the port can sometimes be a tight fit, squeeze...

And i've intentionally built an enclosure like this before to see what would happen and it acted exactly like i had no extra volume left when in fact i did..

So.. what i'm saying is.. is no, i wouldn't do it.

bad idea..KISS principle is your friend :)

simple ported..leave it alone.

Yup. There we go. :)

Personally I would not do it this way as sometimes it's better to keep the box simple

Yup. There we go. :)

<- my opinion doesn't matter :P

can you explain this KISS principle?

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid

I have kept it simple before and had a regular flat traditional wall. I liked the way it sounded and its time for something NEW. If you never try to do new things your just following the crowd. im a hands on learner and i want to broaden my build skills... so im gonna build it. see how it sounds and if i hate it?? well im not afraid to tear it out and try again.

Then you will learn that this will probably sound like shit, while losing money at the same time.. wasting time.. When you could have had a solid setup from the get go.. just my 2 cents.

I have kept it simple before and had a regular flat traditional wall. I liked the way it sounded and its time for something NEW. If you never try to do new things your just following the crowd. im a hands on learner and i want to broaden my build skills... so im gonna build it. see how it sounds and if i hate it?? well im not afraid to tear it out and try again.

The thing is, you say your goal is to murder the low notes (25 Hz) and it seems counter-productive to use a 4th order to do that, especially when you're dedicating that much space. A transmission line, IMO, would be a better design for what you wish to achieve.

That's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

The thing is, you say your goal is to murder the low notes (25 Hz) and it seems counter-productive to use a 4th order to do that, especially when you're dedicating that much space. A transmission line, IMO, would be a better design for what you wish to achieve.

well i want tp be able to play clean down to 25hrtz.. and im adding more power to make up the loss from a 4th order and wider bandwith.. i want it to be more musical but i am thinking about redesigning i know i can fit a 4th order in my car just gonna be tricky

well i want tp be able to play clean down to 25hrtz.. and im adding more power to make up the loss from a 4th order and wider bandwith.. i want it to be more musical but i am thinking about redesigning i know i can fit a 4th order in my car just gonna be tricky

there are a few people on this site that can play down to 25hz and still do 150's..

there are a few people on this site that can play down to 25hz and still do 150's..

the bandwith is what im really looking at though.. i dont want peakiness of traditional walls (ive already done that) i want bandwith to be very wide...

Well best of luck in the build, i understand wanting to do some new different things. Just hope it will do what you are looking for.