Sign in to follow this  
onebadmonte

San Antonio Tx Street SPL Comp Jan 21, 2012

Just throwing this out there for any locals in and around the area.

All Audio Video Solutions is hosting the first Street SPL event of the year on January 21, 2012. Event info can be seen here.

Up and coming event listing can be seen here.

General info about Street SPL can be viewed at www.streetspl.com

Hope to see some new faces there. :drink40:

you gonna be there? are you gonna enter?

I'll be there. Might even run the Olds for chits and giggles. The Suburban is still under construction. :\ I'd be nice to see you there and put the hurt on some of the locals. :D

I'll be there. Might even run the Olds for chits and giggles. The Suburban is still under construction. :\ I'd be nice to see you there and put the hurt on some of the locals. :D

shit the way they do the scoring i believe its sealed on music for 30 seconds with a average on 2 mics 1 in the kick and 1 in the center of the dash no?

i had some problems with my circuit breakers popping at the last show.. ill see if i can make it out!

Damn I wish I knew about comps like this when I lived in San Antonio. I didn't know anything about car audio when I lived in San Antonio 4 years ago. I was running 2 phoenix gold 10's off a random unknown amp I think was made by MTX :noob:

shit the way they do the scoring i believe its sealed on music for 30 seconds with a average on 2 mics 1 in the kick and 1 in the center of the dash no?

i had some problems with my circuit breakers popping at the last show.. ill see if i can make it out!

Yes on the mic locations, and yes it's a 30 sec run on music. I'm not too sure on the measuring though. From what I've read I am lead to believe that the score is the highest of a 5 second average. This is how I believe it works: You run for 30 seconds, the meter is displaying you score for the 5 second average. The score taken is the highest 5 second average for each meter, then both scores are averaged out for the final score. Make sense? O_o

Keep me posted if you go. I've got music if needed. :morepower1:

Damn I wish I knew about comps like this when I lived in San Antonio. I didn't know anything about car audio when I lived in San Antonio 4 years ago. I was running 2 phoenix gold 10's off a random unknown amp I think was made by MTX :noob:

This is a fairly recent thing so you didn't miss out on anything but Heatwave shows around the area if you didn't go to those. :P Enjoy the snow in Albuquerque. :D

damn.. wonder what songs would be loudest in a sealed application for me... GAH more testing!

i know momma... i met the man that owns the league i read all of it but my head starts spinning.

im gonna get fucked just for the number of batteries i have!

i know momma... i met the man that owns the league i read all of it but my head starts spinning.

im gonna get fucked just for the number of batteries i have!

You can run the trunk/hatch class 3501watts & up. They allow 4 extra batteries and multiple runs of 1/0. Going by your sig Jon you should be alright. Kick it around. I've yet to see anybody go over 145 in any trunk class.

to bad i dont live in Houston anymore I would love to go but its a little bit of a drive for me since I moved

Hah! Monte you been thinking about busting out o'l painless for a while now. Take her and kick some ass :fing34:

this is dustys truck if i remember correctly, very nice set up and a cool dude to boot,

110_0040.jpg110_0052.jpg110_0053.jpg

110_0074.jpg

4 SA 12's on a DD m3 i believe,

hugos, cream puff 110_0045.jpg those tires were shinny!! anyway a great showing with the puff!

the bass patrol stopped by !! 110_0047.jpg

he didnt run, and i didn't get to talk to them.. they didn't seem friendly.

110_0057.jpg tinys ride,

they seemed to really like Q power, there was another suburban with 4 Q power 15's

the lanes

110_0055.jpg

110_0062.jpg

then when i pulled into the lane to meter the fuzz showed up AGAIN!!110_0059.jpg

then we got shut down!!! on no whattwe do...... monster mash SPL convoy to another town so that we could play trouble free!!!

110_0065.jpg

110_0063.jpg

110_0066.jpg

110_0069.jpg

loud van but he didnt have enough battery to play very long but it was nice.

the best built box i seen all day.. and i think he scored highest allday.

110_0072.jpg

110_0071.jpg

interchangeable ports

jons MX 110_0077.jpg

my second place award 110_0082.jpg

and now for the man that took me out... leo, cool dude, hard hitter.

2 DC LVL6 12's on 2 mmats 3.5ks i think.

110_0049.jpg

110_0051.jpg

i ment to take more pics... but it was a little crazy, and we moved around alot!

cant wait for the days off to align with the nest SPL street

110_0070.jpg

Great pics Jon. Congrats on your win and congrats to all those who competed. It was a good show, made some new friends, and got to get back in touch with old friends. Cant wait till the next one.

Thanks BigJon for posting up Pics of my setup!! :popcorn: I forgot to bring my camera that day. In all honesty Jon, I already felt DEFEATED when I found out that you and I are in the same Class, and heard your system!! Then I saw what you put up!! :suicide-santa: I was about to go home and call it a day!!

Hugo!! What's up man?! When you going to bring out the BEAST again?!

Just FYI. StreetSpl is having another Show on Saturday, February 11, 2012 at American Sounds off of HWY 281N. Hopefully I will have :morepower1: to FEED these BEASTLY 12's!! :fing34:

what have you added,?? i wont make it for the 2 11 12 show.. nor the 3 11 12.. but i will make it to the 3 11 12... gotta gimme some time to step my game up. :D

no in all honesty i work untill then! and thanks for the kind words.. did you even sit in my car?? i cant rememeber

Hugo!! What's up man?! When you going to bring out the BEAST again?!

Eh, you know me, just kicking pebbles. I got my box figured out, I think, but I've still got some wire issues to work out. Maybe the show in March, maybe. :P

you have to dance soon or later hugo :D

you have to dance soon or later hugo :D

Awe schucks man you gonna make me blush infront of all the ladies. :P

Soon enough I'll be up and running. Who knows, I might just get a wild hair and bust out without notice. O_o