2Loud

whats a good filler to fill in screws

i dont know if this is the right section but i was wondering whats a good filler to cover screw holes on the outside of an enclosure before painting the enclosure? i made a box out of birch. i want to have a high gloss finish after i paint it with no screws showing. thanks

I used regular 'ol body filler on the screws in the front of my enclosure. Works great!

I used regular 'ol body filler on the screws in the front of my enclosure. Works great!

thats what i was thinking too but wasnt sure if it would crack or anything im kinda new to accually caring what the enclosure looks like lol :drink40:

they sell a wood filler... its made with wood dust.. so it takes paint more even then body filler...

body filler works.. but you may be able to see where it lays.

do a test batch a blank piece of wood and see what you think.

they sell a wood filler... its made with wood dust.. so it takes paint more even then body filler...

sounds good. what would you guys recommend for cheap high gloss paint?

sounds good. what would you guys recommend for cheap high gloss paint?

Cheap ≠ good paint

Depends on what you're doing.. since it's birch... birch looks REALLY good stained.

Go with Patch-N-Paint it's some sorta white compound light weight dry fast then easy sand it off to make it smooth and even, one of the best wood filler when I were in the carpentry field working with doors, windows and base board molding. it's sort of like bondo, easy to use and dry fast but easier to sand it off to smooth prep for painting. Just ask the associate at HD or Lowe!

Edited by sw07tc