Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

singer 260 or mechman 270??

well guys, i may finally have a buyer for my alt. so i have been looking into some alternators for my new truck. i can either get a mechman 270 BNIB for $250 (never ran or mounted before) or a mike singer 260 for $250 thats 4 months old. which do you guys think would suit me better. im still running 1 ssa zcon 15 on my AQ3500.1 @ 2ohm (2600watts) and in the future (in the next year or so) id like to add a second zcon. i will be purchasing a extra battery or two ( shuriken BT-80's) and im running all 0 gaughe with a 250amp fuse under the hood and 2 200amp fuses in the distribution block at the amp.

can we say both???? :peepwall:

can we say both???? :peepwall:

haha no either one or the other here. im not sure which alt. is overall better..... im leaning twords the mike singer just because i hear so many good things about them, but then again mechman is pretty big into the game so they too must have something going for them lol. idkkkkkkk!!!!

what does your truck idle at??? very important thing I learned... And maybe a $550+ mistake...

E-Mail both. See if if either will honor the Warranty still. If one will, then that one.

If neither, which is cheapest shipped. That one.

E-Mail both. See if if either will honor the Warranty still. If one will, then that one.

If neither, which is cheapest shipped. That one.

that too...

what does your truck idle at??? very important thing I learned... And maybe a $550+ mistake...

idle is 7-800 warm.... 1100 cold

thats good... either if them should work fine!!!

thats good... either if them should work fine!!!

just confirmed with the guy who has the singer alt. it is actually a 250a with a lifetime warrenty. he is a good personal friend of mike himself.... he only wants $200 shipped for it now

I've been slighted somewhat by MechMan, but it's an issue that was knowledge related but I kinda wish they would've told me my alternator didn't "turn on" until 700-800 rpm... Their site classifies it as 135a output at 700 rpm, not that it is off... So just be careful about your idle speed...

I've been slighted somewhat by MechMan, but it's an issue that was knowledge related but I kinda wish they would've told me my alternator didn't "turn on" until 700-800 rpm... Their site classifies it as 135a output at 700 rpm, not that it is off... So just be careful about your idle speed...

well whenever im "showing off" my system, i shoot the rpm's up to 1500 or so anyways

It was more of a "my car doesn't run well at idle with or without music" kinda thing.... So it had nothing to do with showing off, to be honest the alternator I ordered is "overkill" somewhat for my system and the way I run it... So it should've been install and be amazed but it was install TWICE and I'm kinda disappointed... I've done my best to get it to work right, they are offering to "adjust" the alternator so it actually works as it should for me...

It was more of a "my car doesn't run well at idle with or without music" kinda thing.... So it had nothing to do with showing off, to be honest the alternator I ordered is "overkill" somewhat for my system and the way I run it... So it should've been install and be amazed but it was install TWICE and I'm kinda disappointed... I've done my best to get it to work right, they are offering to "adjust" the alternator so it actually works as it should for me...

well atleast there trying to help you out. unlike some companies i know who dont...... kicker, jl, rockford haha iv had some problems with kickers products before and i had to send 6+ emails to get a single responce. i know there probably busy and what not but damn.... 6 emails haha all atleast a week apart too

well atleast there trying to help you out. unlike some companies i know who dont...... kicker, jl, rockford haha iv had some problems with kickers products before and i had to send 6+ emails to get a single responce. i know there probably busy and what not but damn.... 6 emails haha all atleast a week apart too

That is the only reason I've not gone crazy but I'm not happy... :ohnoes9:

Mechman hands down, never heard problems with any. Already have seen some shady stuff from Singer. I can already tell, my one buddy has ran Singer and Mechman, and swears he'll never use Singer ever again. He's a novice in business industry and is taking on way too much at one. Mechman is top notch and you're guaranteed an outstanding product.

well guys, i may finally have a buyer for my alt. so i have been looking into some alternators for my new truck. i can either get a mechman 270 BNIB for $250 (never ran or mounted before) or a mike singer 260 for $250 thats 4 months old. which do you guys think would suit me better. im still running 1 ssa zcon 15 on my AQ3500.1 @ 2ohm (2600watts) and in the future (in the next year or so) id like to add a second zcon. i will be purchasing a extra battery or two ( shuriken BT-80's) and im running all 0 gaughe with a 250amp fuse under the hood and 2 200amp fuses in the distribution block at the amp.

I would say SINGER Alt! SINGERS alts are great and have the lifetime warranty and He is great with customer service!

Whichever is cheaper. The Singer is now I think. So go with that one.

I went with singer for my alternator and run it with no issues I have 15 customers to this day that I have got Alternators built for them by singer and all work great with no voltage issues what so ever! :morepower1: