Sign in to follow this  
Venomized

SA-8 enclosure question

I am planning on running 2 SA-8s in my mustang install (not sure if theyll be v1 or v2 yet) and I have a few enclosure questions and need a little help.

Im wanting to run them in slot ported enclosures BUT they will not fire into the trunk the will fire into a space that is sealed off from the trunk but ported through the rear deck.

My questions are;

1) Whats the smallest box youd reccomend for them to perform great in a daily app and still do good in a burp situation.

2) Anybody have a box design program that will map out the whole design (dimensions and all) ? They would like to use to give me a box idea.

1.2 cft is the smallest recommended. You may be able to get away with 1.0 cft but not sure how they would do in that small of an enclosure.

Closer to 1.5 cft would be ideal.

You may also consider external aero porting if you need a small box and port thru the rear.

How much power are you going to be running?

Thanks that helps a lot. I will make a rough sketch of what Im planning and post it up here.

As for power they will be powered by my Power 500a2 for the time being. But I will up the power shortly after.