As of right now I have 2 dd1508s on a MB quart discus 1.5k. I'm looking to get rid of my 8s and upgrade to a single 15. Power output of my amp I'd 4ohm=375 2ohm=750 and 1ohm=1500. I have plenty of space to work with (olds bravada(blazer)). 2 agm deep cycles, and a 200a alt. Depending whether I sell them or trade them I was seeing what people would recommend on my power supply that is reasonable. Like I said I might not buy new if I can get a decent trade for them. Any ideas? (I know daily or spl will be asked and it needs to be all around. This is a daily driver but I do meca on weekends.)

So many possibilities. A few options: SSA xcon, SSA zcon, FI b, FI btl.

yea there are alot of good options here id look into something like an fi ssd

OK, if I planned around 3-3.5 cubes, and I wanted the lows for my daily, but to peak good for spl what should I tune the box too? Or would it be easier to have a removable port?

I highly recommend SSA, the XCON particularly.

But DD is always a good option too, with DD I'd recommend a 3515"

From personal experience a properly ported box tuned to 40Hz provides decent low end extension, down to high 20Hz area, and allows for higher SPL still. And it sound darn good on all music types. :)

A lot of people over look the American Bass XFL line. they're cheaper money wise but still good quality build and can get low and loud very easily. Buddy had 2 12s in the trunk of his sunfire tuned to like 28hz and was still doing a 142 all day long.

The XFL 15 sells for about $180-$250 depending on your local dealer.

SSA, Sundown, FI and so on are good choices also, Zcons sound amazing and FI has never failed to impress me either.

I've had Memphis, incriminator, DC, DD, and a FI BTL 18. THE BTL got hooked up once. Didn't have enough power and didn't wanna go bigger so I could stay in a lower class for meca. So I'm really trying to find something that is a little lower end that I can over power like an icon or new lvl3 DC.

I forgot xfl or tnt through ab!

Xcon with the saame power will blow the icon away. :morepower1:

I've had Memphis, incriminator, DC, DD, and a FI BTL 18. THE BTL got hooked up once. Didn't have enough power and didn't wanna go bigger so I could stay in a lower class for meca. So I'm really trying to find something that is a little lower end that I can over power like an icon or new lvl3 DC.

Sure you did.

Why?

As to why, I'm trying to keep this more budget friendly than past builds because I'm engaged now and we just got our first place together. As for powering the btl, I didn't feel it was getting all the power it needed. I heard a btl in a friends blazer on an aq2200, almost identicle boxes, and he had way more output. So now I'm trying to find a sub that I will hit almost perfect power range on with my amp, or slightly over power on a reasonable budget. As for ab and DC I get pretty good deals because Im buddy's with a rep for both companies.

The BTL is more efficient in every way, it doesn't 'need' any certain amount of power to work.

You have plenty of space to build an efficient enclosure. How much are you looking to spend on the new sub?

Trying to stay under 300. That's why I was also looking trades or good used stuff.

If you want a new sub for under 300, the Fi SSD is the way to go.

Edit: My sig doesnt make me look biased, does it? lol

Edited by trod2902

You should be able to find a very nice used 15 for $300 if you keep an eye out and aren't in too big a hurry. Since you say you want to compete, I would suggest saving a little more and buying a stronger driver.

I'm very happy with my Fi bl12 on 1500 rms. A bl15 would be a nice driver for that much power