sundownz

Sundown : New 2012 Stuff

3) Entirely new SAX / SAZ amp line... yes you read that correctly. I won't say any more yet until I get some prototypes Only the NS-1 isn't being re-vamped as it's already brand new and a separate line.

Some info will appear shortly in the next week or two on the first two models that will be made for the new 2012 series!

Awesome! Any word on the "X" line?

3) Entirely new SAX / SAZ amp line... yes you read that correctly. I won't say any more yet until I get some prototypes Only the NS-1 isn't being re-vamped as it's already brand new and a separate line.

Some info will appear shortly in the next week or two on the first two models that will be made for the new 2012 series!

My fingers are crossed, I need :morepower1: than this SAZ3500D can provide.

2) New Sundown baskets in 10/12/15 sizes. I can't show off the renderings yet until my ornamental patent application is in... but think at LEAST as much clearance as the "Eclipse" baskets AND even stronger. 18s will definitely not make it for 2012... but are on the road-map for 2013. This will allow me to make the NS v.3 in 12s for music applications. These will be used on everything larger than the SA line.

** -- With the baskets come all new spiders' date=' cones, and surrounds. Some pretty sick stuff... you guys will like it.[/quote']

Making alot of progress on the frames. All the final renderings and technical drawings and done for them -- I've submitted them to my patent attorney to be drafted up for the patent application.

Once the attorney gives me the okay to show them off we'll get some previews of them posted!

I've been doing brain-storming on the cones / surrounds... based on what the current Z v.3 spiders are capable of we'll probably need a HUGE surround to handle the throw these will be capable of. Probably along the lines of the Earthquake Holee-S surround (which is 40mm x 40mm) or maybe a bit larger.

Can you reveal any information on the new amp lineup(s)?

smile.png

Edited by 98GMC

2 Nightshade v.3 12"s sound yummy, how will the ones for music application differ from the standard version?

Our standard models are always geared to music.

SPL versions are what is optional -- we can do stiffer spiders and usually offer a more SPL oriented coil for most models.

2) New Sundown baskets in 10/12/15 sizes. I can't show off the renderings yet until my ornamental patent application is in... but think at LEAST as much clearance as the "Eclipse" baskets AND even stronger. 18s will definitely not make it for 2012... but are on the road-map for 2013. This will allow me to make the NS v.3 in 12s for music applications. These will be used on everything larger than the SA line.

** -- With the baskets come all new spiders' date=' cones, and surrounds. Some pretty sick stuff... you guys will like it.[/quote']

On this subject... I forgot to add that I am designing / tooling an adapter for the 18" 6-spoke to tide me over until our 18" tooling is done that will support the same spider size as our new 15" frame (257mm).

So we can start making even high excursion 18s this year as well :D

I just got m Z's :(

Now I have a new sub to get :)

CIMG6122.JPG

NS v.3 spider packs are in... the spiders are like the Z v.3 units but with an extra layer -- and the 15/18 models have triple leads. These will be standard issue on NS v.3 and optional on other models. They are yellow to immediatly identify them as the NS stiffness pack (5 layers) as opposed to Z v.3 (4 layers). I may even bring in a 6 or 7 layer pack for dedicated SPL purposes. Currently we use NS v.1 / v.2 spiders for SPL purposes stacked to the appropriate level.

Wow!

Cant wait to see new Sundown amps! I need one :)

NS v.2 with the new NS v.3 yellow spider pack in place. As is typical with our drivers they are designed to handle around the rated power in free air so the ratings are a "worst case" conservative rating. As you can see this pack has no issues with the 2500D and the measured FS is still 37 Hz with only about 4-5 minutes of play time on it.

Good stuff!

I did get some sketches done of our proprietary 18" frame... which will be the very last one done likely towards the middle of 2013. The frame itself measures about 10.5" deep and supports 6" of p-p excursion. That is all the details on it for now =) Expect some more information on the 10/12/15 models in the next month or so.

Sounds pretty nuts!

Im excited, im still waiting on details on how the new amps are gonna look.

3) Entirely new SAX / SAZ amp line... yes you read that correctly. I won't say any more yet until I get some prototypes :D Only the NS-1 isn't being re-vamped as it's already brand new and a separate line.

This has taken slightly longer than I hoped but I should have the first two new amps ready to test in a few weeks as the board are pretty much ready and just need the case tooling to get mounted in.

SAZ-1500D v.3

SAX-125.4

The 100.4 part is no more -- this unit is a good bit more powerful. I'll leave the rest of the details as a surprise :thumbsup:

Next up once those launch will be the SAZ-2500D v.2 and SAZ-3500D v.2 models... and finally we'll release a new SAX two channel likely in the 150-watt or so range this time around!

Once that is all done we can get cracking on the SAE amp line again.

I hope the 125.4 isn't priced to high. I'd like to upgrade from my 100.4

It will be more than the 100.4 but with the wattage increase figured in it's only a small amount of difference dollar to watt. I don't want to spoil it yet... but I think everyone will love the SAX-125.4

I did get some sketches done of our proprietary 18" frame... which will be the very last one done likely towards the middle of 2013. The frame itself measures about 10.5" deep and supports 6" of p-p excursion. That is all the details on it for now =) Expect some more information on the 10/12/15 models in the next month or so.

i just had a small crisis when i read that.

It will be more than the 100.4 but with the wattage increase figured in it's only a small amount of difference dollar to watt. I don't want to spoil it yet... but I think everyone will love the SAX-125.4

will it be kinda like the sax 125.2? cause i pucking love mine thats powering my front comps, to go along with my sax 1200d for my sub

Edited by Ethan

waiting for more pics :popcorn:

the excursion on that sub was O_O

Will it be the same size or smaller? Hopefully a little smaller.

where the pics of the new stuff

Will it be the same size or smaller? Hopefully a little smaller.

It will be smaller.

Are you planning on making a pre-order for the 125.4? Rough estimate on price?

Are you planning on making a pre-order for the 125.4? Rough estimate on price?

Good question, I am going to hold off on my second 125.2 purchase.