pro-rabbit

DIY Enclosures?

Well, I have had a decent amount of interest in these lately. So I'm gauging interest to start offering them full time.

For those that do not know what this is. This is basically a pre cut enclosure with all wholes cut that just needs to be assembled.

The perks are it drastically cuts shipping down. It allows us to deal with much larger enclosures.

The down side is, I have had some wood slightly bent from shipping them. This causes some panels to not line up 100%(all though this is not a huge issues, it can be if you are OCD lol). That is about the only down side I can think of right now.

Anyway, let me know what everyone thinks. If we have enough interest I will work up a price setup and start offering them.

Sounds like a good idea, but what would the prices be like?

I will answer for all those who are currently not here.. YES, that is what they want, hehe.

I had decided to do this a couple years ago but jumped on other things instead.

Reduced shipping, ability to DIY, get yourself used to glueing, sealing, building an enclosure, etc...

I noticed you say some shipments have had bent panels..

I guess you could package all the panels in a prebuilt 2x4cage. Try and bend that, hehe.

2x4 would be small enough and light enough to not cause a major increase in shipping compared to an already built box.

very interested in price also

What if i had a more complex design with angled cuts and such?

I'm up for that.

Here is an idea of what we are thinking. This is geared more towards larger enclosures that will save a decent amount on shipping. All prices as per all our enclosure pricing is NET ft3(after all displacements).

All prices are plus shipping

DIY Enclosure Pricing:

FT^3................SEALED........PORTED

1.0 cubes...........$60.............$87

1.5 cubes...........$67.............$93

2.0 cubes...........$74.............$100

2.5 cubes...........$80.............$107

3.0 cubes...........$87.............$114

3.5 cubes ..........$94.............$120

4.0 cubes...........$100...........$127

4.5 cubes...........$107...........$134

5.0 cubes...........$120...........$147

5.5 cubes...........$126...........$154

6.0 cubes...........$134...........$160

All DIY Kits will have 3 stages.

STAGE 1: $Free

Basic package..

All pieces cut to exact size. Sealed or ported options

3D model

Assembly Instructions

STAGE 2: $15

All Stage 1 plus

rounded port edges

45's

Bracing 1" wooden dowel recessed into the wood.

Stage 3: $25

All Stage 1 and Stage 2 Plus

Double baffle with up to two sub cutouts

Carpet(basic stock carpet)

Terminal (up to two)

We can pre-drill the enclosures for quicker and easier assembly, but that will be based per enclosure.

Edited by pro-rabbit

Would price vary due to desired tunning and or port area?

Nope, not really. Pricing is based off a 16:1 port area ratio(as a max)...which is the most we typically see for any kind of daily. As long as we are not doing a massive 6ft3 gross enclosure that is really only 2ft3 net I don't see a problem lol.

What about a box over 6 cubes?

Say around 8-9^ft net?

Those will have to be custom quotes. When we start getting into larger sizes, they require various types of bracing and/or baffling to ensure structural integrity. So we can not really just offer straight pricing for those as they will be different for each customer.

Sounds like a great plan there alot of people who can put a box together but they can't come up with spec's of the box. Hope this does happen because i know people who pay for somthing like this.

I am looking for a box for a 15 or 18 DCON/XCON. What is keeping me from buying is shipping. I would buy one DIY box today if I like the style. Send me some examples, size is the deciding factor, I dont want to give up the back of my Yukon. Tuned to about low to mid 30 Hz. Speaker and port direction is not important. Double baffle flush, bracing and kerf port.

I'll be getting in touch with you today about a possible local DIY. :drink40:

Will the SSA discount be applied to these DIY enclosures?

Will the SSA discount be applied to these DIY enclosures?

Not at this time. I think we are just going to keep that discount for in-house built enclosures.

Nice move. May want to put a note somewhere if you're able to just cut holes for aero ports, if it would change pricing at all.

Great! Been waiting for someone to actually do this. Just built my first enclosure and let me tell you it would have been ALOT easier if the panels were already cut!!

BTW, is this all MDF or can you get birch?

Edited by PHATBOi

We can do birch. Obviously there would be a cost, but we only charge the difference in the cost of wood.

I had a few PMs about this...Yes this is live and ready for orders.. :D

Nice move. May want to put a note somewhere if you're able to just cut holes for aero ports, if it would change pricing at all.

Yea, I was thinking that as we are getting a decent amount of emails/pms about that.

I'm thinking if it is just a single port setup I don't think we will charge. However, if it becomes an issue we have to revisit that and adjust the pricing to reflect those cuts.

Nice. Gonna throw a BTL UFO motor 15 in my trunk wall with Cendo 3WKP at .7 and see what she can do before I rebuild. But I will definitely hit you up with a few designs when the time comes. Thanks and good luck with the new venture, sure it will do well.

Edited by PHATBOi

Nice. Gonna throw a BTL UFO motor 15 in my trunk wall with Cendo 3WKP at .7 and see what she can do before I rebuild. But I will definitely hit you up with a few designs when the time comes. Thanks and good luck with the new venture, sure it will do well.

Just let us know if we can be of any help, and thanks. I hopping this opens up the larger enclosure options more now. We had several clients want quad 15 enclosures or similar and there is no cheap way to ship that lol.