bose301s

Exodus Anarchy 4 ohm Mids

Been talking to Kevin from DIY Cable about the Anarchy mids and found out that he has a 4 ohm version designed. He has not been able to get enough orders to make a production run, but he is trying to give it a go. He needs 150 drivers preordered, a tall task I know but hopefully between all the car and other sites we can get it done. Here is the link:

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=538

Now order some!!

Sick mids! Moving a lot of air. Tempting buy.. Wonder how these would compare to some sundown neopros. Quieter, sound a little "better", more midbass?

Sick mids! Moving a lot of air. Tempting buy.. Wonder how these would compare to some sundown neopros. Quieter, sound a little "better", more midbass?

Exactly.

Jake was asked the goal of the Neo 6.5s, here is his response:

Get Loud / Sound Good just like the whole NeoPro line.

For SQ I'd look into a more traditional 6.5" with higher linear x-max and a bit more mid-bass output.

These are those higher linear x-max drivers!! :D

I remember reading that a while ago, thanks for posting. Think I'm still leaning that way, sorry to not help, but bump for those out there that can!

I'm going to sit back, and if enough orders go in, I'll switch my 8ohm ones out. :P

not very far down but still bump it up for interest.

I'd like some 4ohm versions of them.

Really not sure I'd preorder products from a company that is unsure of their future.

kinda only want the 8ohm version... Not sure if it'll really matter for me..

Really not sure I'd preorder products from a company that is unsure of their future.

From what Kevin has stated he stopped his production of subwoofers and sales of other products, but planned to continue selling the Anarchy's for the foreseeable future.

The few times I've dealt with Kevin, he was absolutely wonderful to deal with and had stellar customer service. I would feel comfortable pre-ordering from him. I'm still sort of up in the air about pre-ordering the 4ohm drivers. I really have high doubts he's going to presale enough of them to qualify for the production run, but that's not really his fault.

From what Kevin has stated he stopped his production of subwoofers and sales of other products, but planned to continue selling the Anarchy's for the foreseeable future.

The few times I've dealt with Kevin, he was absolutely wonderful to deal with and had stellar customer service. I would feel comfortable pre-ordering from him. I'm still sort of up in the air about pre-ordering the 4ohm drivers. I really have high doubts he's going to presale enough of them to qualify for the production run, but that's not really his fault.

I still wouldn't pre order any as hes not even sure how he is going to do it. I just don't see putting money out to a now defunct company that is openly confused on what the are doing. Just hard to put money out with so many shadiness around, I suppose you could look at it like their not being shady admitting they don't know whats going to happen, but still a risk to me.

What does the future look like for DIYCable? Well... good question. To some extent I don't know because it depends on many outside factors. My goal is to clear out the parts inventory and move out of my current warehouse by the end of September. The Exodus subwoofer line is at an end. I do not forsee any circumstance under which the Maelstrom 18" & 21" will ever come back into inventory. The Anarchy line is going to continue in one way shape or form either sold through this web site or transitioned over to an as yet to be determined partner. We will continue to support Cardas sales the same as in the past and with minimal differences from how they have been handled historically. Overall, I'll update everyone of our status on the front page here and as always, I'll be brutally honest and transparent in what our plans are for various product categories and the business in general so that customers know where they stand.

Yes, I've read the post he made about shutting down Exodus subwoofers and the majority of DIYcable, which is what I was referring to in my previous post.

The presale is pretty cut and dry. If he gets enough preorders for 150 units by X date (which I don't remember), he'll start a production run. If not, he'll refund the $ and it'll be dead. Which, like I said, I don't believe he'll presell 150 units by the cutoff date. So I really don't see the units getting produced. But IME he's an honest guy to deal with. If I was really interested I would preorder the units and not be too worried about getting my money back. Obviously it's not a guaranty, there is always that risk. But he's earned my trust from my previous dealings. I don't see him running away with the money, and I don't see him pulling an eD and delaying the units indefinitely with excuses.

Caveat emptor and to each their own.

I feel the same way Brad stated about the pre orders. I'd be very surprised if he gets enough pre orders in time.

I believe it's asinine to not do business with them, solely because there are shady businesses online. Shady businesses that have zero affiliation with diycable. Perhaps if he had a different first name?

I admit I haven't done much business with Kevin, but when I did make my order, I received it within a week, with zero issues.

I feel the same way Brad stated about the pre orders. I'd be very surprised if he gets enough pre orders in time.

I believe it's asinine to not do business with them, solely because there are shady businesses online. Shady businesses that have zero affiliation with diycable. Perhaps if he had a different first name?

I admit I haven't done much business with Kevin, but when I did make my order, I received it within a week, with zero issues.

Its also asinine to read one part of the posts and assume that is the only reason people won't choose to do business with them. suicide-santa.gif