Frostedflakejake

FrostedFlakeJake's Picture a Day

I love this time of year. The ice is melting and there are so many sunny days :)

IMG_1683.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thanks! :)

Now this picture isn't exactly all that appealing, but I find it interesting. Using a flash and the reflective properties of road signs, one can make an interesting looking picture (in my opinion). I do apologizing for having part of the car in the frame, but it was raining outside so I couldn't expose the camera to the outside of the car!

IMG_1722.jpg

Looks great... Do this on a non-rainy day PLEASE!!!

Been waiting for clear skies. Looks like it won't be until Monday :(

In the meantime, how about an accidental self-portrait? Was trying to take a video and snapped a photo instead! Upon further inspection, I rather like it. Photographers always say to take pictures of people. Perhaps I should investigate!

IMG_1752.jpg

Damn Shogen, I totally forgot you don't like sepia tone..

my bad. It's only because it looked more natural in my lighting because my face was so washed out with light.

Damn Shogen, I totally forgot you don't like sepia tone..

my bad. It's only because it looked more natural in my lighting because my face was so washed out with light.

that photo is actually good in sepia... lol .. For some reason I cannot get myself to take photos of people. Just scenery... lol

For some reason I cannot get myself to take photos of people. Just scenery... lol

For me, scenery is easier. I'm just not a social person so I have a hard time asking a random person if I can take their photo. And then even if I do, they expect it take a second when in reality it takes about 45 seconds for me to set up for a shot and then they feel awkward. So I fall back on taking pictures of my friends, but then I don't really find the photos interesting because to me, they are just pictures of my friends.

Landscape on the other hand is easier for me. Everyone likes sunsets. :)

Been waiting for clear skies. Looks like it won't be until Monday sad.png

In the meantime, how about an accidental self-portrait? Was trying to take a video and snapped a photo instead! Upon further inspection, I rather like it. Photographers always say to take pictures of people. Perhaps I should investigate!

IMG_1752.jpg

Man.. what a homo...

Jk ;)

Man.. what a homo...

Jk ;)

A grungy homo at that. Somebody throw me a razor!!

But yeah, the photo was almost too teenage girl hipster for me..... almost.....

IMG_1752.jpg

I have this eerie feeling you might not be wearing pants in this photo... lol icon_roflmao.gif

I have this eerie feeling you might not be wearing pants in this photo... lol icon_roflmao.gif

Oddly enough, you are not the first person to say that!!! I uploaded this pic to facebook and one of my friends said the same thing.....

Oddly enough, you are not the first person to say that!!! I uploaded this pic to facebook and one of my friends said the same thing.....

Also, are those drapes on your wall in the background?

I demand more photos.

I demand more photos.

Yes sir!

Which one is your favorite? :)

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

I might go snatch that flower and take it inside. I wanted to do a shot where it was all in focus, but it was too windy outside to allow me to use an appropriate aperture for the job.

I for one, really like those shots. Especially the first one. :wub:

Not often do I appreciate my own shots.

IMG_1752.jpg

I spy someones teddy bear... awwwwwwwwwwwww :wub:

I spy someones teddy bear... awwwwwwwwwwwww wub.png

It's not mine, but that's actually quite a personal and tragic story. ninja.gif

I spy someones teddy bear... awwwwwwwwwwwww wub.png

It's not mine, but that's actually quite a personal and tragic story. ninja.gif

you sleep with that shyt... don't lie... lol

Why don't we talk about those awesome flower shots instead? :)

I demand more photos.

Yes sir!

Which one is your favorite? smile.png

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

I actually missed those.... I'm not one for flowers but the shot looks pretty amazing

I actually missed those.... I'm not one for flowers but the shot looks pretty amazing

thanks! They were really easy too. Stuck the camera on the tripod with the telephoto lens zoomed in and on macro mode. Cranked up the contrast and saturation on the camera and just started shooting. Those are only about the 5th,6th, and 7th shots. As opposed to the other pictures I take where I usually take around 20 of the same scene before keeping one.

Edited by Frostedflakejake

Whew! I hope someone appreciates this one! I'm getting < 6 hours of sleep tonight just to go stand out in the freezing cold for this picture! Took over an hour of practicing to get the right shot.

Two photos! First was just one of many practice shots with an extremely high ISO setting so that I could get the focusing right. Shutter speed = 30 seconds at 3.5 f/stop (lowest my lens will go) and 6400 ISO (highest that goes too!). I'm including it for two reasons, 1st because of the shooting star it caught and 2nd so that you can see that the lights really were in focus and that I didn't do a hack job smile.pngSecond is pretty much the real shot. Shutter speed = 10 minutes 3 seconds. 3.5 f/stop. 200 ISO.

Enjoy!

(Bonus for whoever can tell me what the hell is making the orange light on the horizon... it was 1:30 am and we were facing due north. the Moon maybe?)

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

Edited by Frostedflakejake

Look what I found today in the middle of the woods! It was kind of weird. This bo-dunk two-track just lead to this!

IMG_1941.jpg