hdorre

How do I set up x10 probe on oscope?

Hey, I just bought a Velleman HPS10 oscope a couple days ago. Im trying to configure it, but am stuck on one step. I cant set up the x10 measuring probe.

I set the scope and probe to the 10x position. I also set the voltage/division to 1v and time/division to .1ms

I think I set it to AC mode too. Does the "~" sign symbolize AC mode?

When I touch the "Probe Test" point on the back of the scope, the screen of the oscope doesnt appear to show a signal because its blank.

The directions say to adjust the trimmer. What exactly is the trimmer? Also, should the negative probe be grounded in this step? If so, what should it be grounded to?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hey, I just bought a Velleman HPS10 oscope a couple days ago. Im trying to configure it, but am stuck on one step. I cant set up the x10 measuring probe.

I set the scope and probe to the 10x position. I also set the voltage/division to 1v and time/division to .1ms

I think I set it to AC mode too. Does the "~" sign symbolize AC mode?

When I touch the "Probe Test" point on the back of the scope, the screen of the oscope doesnt appear to show a signal because its blank.

The directions say to adjust the trimmer. What exactly is the trimmer? Also, should the negative probe be grounded in this step? If so, what should it be grounded to?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best bet is to call Velleman customer support and ask your questions.

I may actually wind up doing that if I dont get any responses in this thread. :fing34:

Did you ever figure out this issue? I used to calibrate o'scopes, and could possibly help.

Did you ever figure out this issue? I used to calibrate o'scopes, and could possibly help.

No, but I emailed Velleman about it. If they dont give me the help I need, then ill update this thread.

Thanks! :drink40:

On the scope you should have an x1/x10 button. And on the probe you have that switch you already found.

If you do not press the x10 button on the scope, just multiply all your readings by 10. That way 0.1v measured is actually 1v.

Have you tried connecting the probe to the test point, and then pressing the auto key? My first inclination makes me think the signal is there, just not on the screen. I would check the Y-position as well.

On the scope you should have an x1/x10 button. And on the probe you have that switch you already found.

If you do not press the x10 button on the scope, just multiply all your readings by 10. That way 0.1v measured is actually 1v.

I flipped the "x10" switch on the probe, and pressed the "x10" button on the scope.

Have you tried connecting the probe to the test point, and then pressing the auto key? My first inclination makes me think the signal is there, just not on the screen.

I would check the Y-position as well.

Yeah, Ive tried that many times. I actually just tried it again; just to double check.

Y-Position doesnt seem to do the trick either.

Just turn it on make sure the scope and probe is set to x10 push the auto tune button so that volts/division and time/division is highlighted then touch the probe to the calibration area. It will auto set the volt and time divisions and then adjust the trimmer(the little knob on the probe by the x10 switch) to get a clean square waveform.

Just turn it on make sure the scope and probe is set to x10 push the auto tune button so that volts/division and time/division is highlighted then touch the probe to the calibration area. It will auto set the volt and time divisions and then adjust the trimmer(the little knob on the probe by the x10 switch) to get a clean square waveform.

Yeah, Ive tried that too. I honesty think that the problem is the trimmer. Maybe buying a new probe will fix the problem?

Thanks for the help.

I never calibrated mine and it works perfectly. Did you try to measure some signal and weren't successful ?