Sign in to follow this  
CFAIST

Powermax altenators?

Found these on ebay because I was bored at work. They say the one for my explorer is a 250 amp and will do it @ 1200 rpm. for $170.00 free shipping. Anybody ever ran across/used them?

they do rated power, get the smallest pulley they offer should me a 44mm

Thanks big jon. I might have to snatch one up for that kind of money.

Funny I run across this thread. I purchased a power max from eBay also. Supposedly 220 amp at 1700rpm. HA. At idle stock alt. would do lvl 28 on Pink Floyd and when I installed the powermax I could only go to 25. What a joke. Cheap made! Took it to work and clamped an amp clamp on it and put a 450 amp load on batt. Max output was 130 amps. I have big 3 done in all 1/0 wire so resistance was not a problem. No where near stated amperage. Voltage fluctuated so badly I emailed him. His response was funny. I sent it back and now have a beastly mechman 270 amp with no problem at all!!!! Don't waste your time or money with powermax, get a mechman. Someone stated in a post earlier I saw that was so true. "you get what you pay for".

atleast he took it back,.

True. I thought I was gonna have a problem out of him, but after I told him what I did and what I found, he had no problem takin it back

i have load tested a few of his alts with no issues with amp output.. but the voltage was a little freaky.