Sign in to follow this  
Leon Tan

2 XS batterys and 1 main car battery

i just recently got a hold of 2 XS batterys and i was planning to wire them up. but not sure if i would need a fuse inbetween the batterys, i also seen a few with busbars. would i need a fuse from the 2 batterys in the back to the main car battery in the front?

i just recently got a hold of 2 XS batterys and i was planning to wire them up. but not sure if i would need a fuse inbetween the batterys, i also seen a few with busbars. would i need a fuse from the 2 batterys in the back to the main car battery in the front?

Fuses are there for safety reason. If there is any chance, even the slightest, of the wire getting damaged in some way thus resulting in a short to the chassis, you should ground.

When the batteries are next to each other you don't and really can't fuse them as the wire is too short. But definitely fuse in between the front and the back. It does not cost a lot and it's safer for both your equipment and vehicle.

Fuses are there for safety reason. If there is any chance, even the slightest, of the wire getting damaged in some way thus resulting in a short to the chassis, you should ground.

When the batteries are next to each other you don't and really can't fuse them as the wire is too short. But definitely fuse in between the front and the back. It does not cost a lot and it's safer for both your equipment and vehicle.

+1

I'm doing the same thing. For each run, you want one fuse near front batt and one near back batt. Im not fusing the run between 2 back batteries because like said above, they're too close. Better safe than sorry.

Here are my fuse holders.

alright, well that answers my questions. well I AM A about to do the big three here n a bit, would i need a fuse inbetween the alternater and the postive battery? if so what size fuse?

alright, well that answers my questions. well ima about to do the big three here n a bit, would i need a fuse inbetween the alternater and the postive battery? if so what size fuse?

How long is the wire?

Some people like to fuse it in case of an accident. If the wire get's cut from some metal and grounds to the chassis, the fuse would blow instead of shorting your batteries. Last thing you need is you KO in a burning car.

If the wire is not too long it's up to you.

If running a fuse from your alt I would recommend at least the alt amp rating in fuse size.

It's not necessary to fuse in between the alt and battery but it's good for safety and can save you a lot of money in the case of a short. Depends on what your wire is rated at for the fuse, usually 300a is what is used.